PDA

View Full Version : T. Lyman says a legal challenge against blimp would be good thing

Cyclone
12-30-2007, 05:09 PM
According to an article here: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5410952.html

it is questionable whether or not the way Trevor and his crew are raising money for the blimp meets FEC regulations.

"They are looking for a loophole," said Ryan, an attorney at the Campaign Legal Center said. But he added that the Federal Election Commission has not ruled on whether the blimp fund-raising meets federal rules on campaign contributions.

"Lyman said a legal challenge to the blimp fund-raising effort would be "a good thing," since it would only bring more publicity to Paul's candidacy."

Mods - I am not posting this to start a war. I am posting this in the interest of true transparency. Not once has the blimp team ever warned folks that the FEC was going to rule on whether or not this fund raising meets federal rules on campaign contributions.

Moreover, not everyone is as much of a maverick as Trevor. It is one thing if he wants to role the dice on his own life and money, but donors should know that the assurances that this is legal are apparently only a guess.

Finally, before using this forum to promote what could turn out to be a fund raising venture that violates FEC rules, he could have warned the owners of this site that what he was doing may not exactly fall under the allowed category and that is was possible that he was soliciting illegal campaign contributions on this forum.

But to openly flaunt his disregard for the law and to in essence say "bring it on" to the FEC when folks here are innocently donating to his cause, believing they are completely safe to do so,...

There are fines and even jail time for violating FEC regulations.

Please don't remove this post. People deserve to see this.

DealzOnWheelz
12-30-2007, 05:16 PM
This is a R3volUTION man

Hell with the damn FEC

Hell with anything that is restricting the Constitution and our civil liberties

You didn't sign up to maybe possibly if it works out get a little bit of freedom back

or if you did I'm sorry for you

I know I signed up to take back OUR COUNTRY

pacelli
12-30-2007, 05:17 PM
According to an article here: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5410952.html

it is questionable whether or not the way Trevor and his crew are raising money for the blimp meets FEC regulations.

"They are looking for a loophole," said Ryan, an attorney at the Campaign Legal Center said. But he added that the Federal Election Commission has not ruled on whether the blimp fund-raising meets federal rules on campaign contributions.

"Lyman said a legal challenge to the blimp fund-raising effort would be "a good thing," since it would only bring more publicity to Paul's candidacy."

Mods - I am not posting this to start a war. I am posting this in the interest of true transparency. Not once has the blimp team ever warned folks that the FEC was going to rule on whether or not this fund raising meets federal rules on campaign contributions.

Moreover, not everyone is as much of a maverick as Trevor. It is one thing if he wants to role the dice on his own life and money, but donors should know that the assurances that this is legal are apparently only a guess.

Finally, before using this forum to promote what could turn out to be a fund raising venture that violates FEC rules, he could have warned the owners of this site that what he was doing may not exactly fall under the allowed category and that is was possible that he was soliciting illegal campaign contributions on this forum.

But to openly flaunt his disregard for the law and to in essence say "bring it on" to the FEC when folks here are innocently donating to his cause, believing they are completely safe to do so,...

There are fines and even jail time for violating FEC regulations.

Please don't remove this post. People deserve to see this.

I'm not so sure I agree with the statement that legal action against the blimp would be good for drawing attention to Dr. Paul's candidacy-- especially if a judgment didn't work out in favor of the move.

Didn't the writer of the Houston Chronicle get to ride on the blimp when it toured around Baltimore? Why would he even print such a thing?

Abobo
12-30-2007, 05:20 PM
It's best they say NOTHING about its legality. If we donate and we KNOW that we're using a loophole we may directly be affected if the FEC takes action. But by keeping us officially in the dark we can always claim we are unaware.

No jury would ever convict someone for buying ad time on a blimp.

tmg19103
12-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Interesting that a week or so back the blimp people lost their legal council - including the former chair of the FEC.

Even if it is legal, the powers that be will try and make it illegal, I'm sure. We need some answers from Trevor.

DirtMcGirt
12-30-2007, 05:23 PM
long live the blimp we have five hours left...

Malakai0
12-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Does this make sense to anyone else? Merril Lynch and Citibank can donate 200,000 dollars to almost every candidate but RP, but thousands of regular citizens are prohibited severely in what they are allowed to do?

Wasn't the FEC supposed to keep the special interests out of campaigns. Now they make sure the special interests run them and the people have little say.

It's so fudged up!

pacelli
12-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Interesting that a week or so back the blimp people lost their legal council - including the former chair of the FEC.

Wait a second, source please?

tmg19103
12-30-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm not going to search for the post. It was along the lines of tehm losing their legal council and needing new lawyers. The post was along the lines they lost part or all their legal team - and I'm assuming this would be the lawyer who was former Chair of the FEC.

They need to clarify this.

szczebrzeszyn
12-30-2007, 06:17 PM
The legal team was put back on the page some time later. No idea what happened.

Man from La Mancha
12-30-2007, 06:23 PM

Please remove this post. People deserve not to see this.You are as destructive as your name, you do nothing but tear things down and take pride in by picking such a name. A troll is defined as someone who REPEATABLY negates a project. You have brought this up countless times. TROLL, I dread you talking to Fox In a couple words you will brings us all down:mad::mad:

Cyclone
12-30-2007, 06:34 PM
You are as destructive as your name, you do nothing but tear things down and take pride in by picking such a name. A troll is defined as someone who REPEATABLY negates a project. You have brought this up countless times. TROLL, I dread you talking to Fox In a couple words you will brings us all down:mad::mad:

Yell at Trevor. I didn't put this in the paper today. You don't like it, go blame him. You don't like the fact that his website doesn't quite agree with what he says in this article, go yell at him.

You are wayyyyyyy out of line complaining about the messenger. Did you sell your account or something? You have changed since you got involved with this project. You do nothing but whine if anyone brings up a rational question or has a problem with Trevor and the blimp team promising everyone on their website and on here that this fund raising scheme is legal and then it turns out that the FEC has been examining this all along? And no decision has been made?

You may be in jail for all I know, but some of us want to avoid that possibility.

Trevor is the one that forgot to mention a few things about the legality of this issue. Trevor is the one that seems to think that news that the FEC is coming after someone who supports Ron Paul would be a good thing. Trevor is the one that said all of this to a REPORTER.

So, if you think this has hurt your cause, then go scream at Trevor Lyman and back off of me.

All I did was say what Trevor DID, if that "brings you all down" it ain't me baby.

Stop giving Trevor a pass for all of his actions. Hold the man accountable for his actions instead of crying foul at anyone who brings up TRUTH.

texasliberty
12-30-2007, 07:14 PM
An FEC challenge to the Blimp would generate tens of millions of dollars worth of publicity, much more than we've gotten so far, because major MSM outlets would automatically carry it and have to do update on it for months. Which is why, in a nutshell, this isn't gonna happen.

RUBICON
12-30-2007, 07:26 PM
You are as destructive as your name, you do nothing but tear things down and take pride in by picking such a name. A troll is defined as someone who REPEATABLY negates a project. You have brought this up countless times. TROLL, I dread you talking to Fox In a couple words you will brings us all down:mad::mad:

And nothing will happen to you for making these comments about Cyclone.. ... no warnings.. nothing. Tsk Tsk tsk...

RP4Pres2008
12-30-2007, 07:30 PM

Dude, I think it is time for you to step aside...

Why do you blow everything up into such a big deal?

Man from La Mancha
12-30-2007, 07:58 PM
Dude, I think it is time for you to step aside...

Why do you blow everything up into such a big deal?You are completely wrong, I only go after the the ones that trolls.
Please observe Cyclones past issue on this blimp project. I rarely get on anyones face except those that repeatably post, make threads that to not benefit the project. I welcome an occasional comment but trolls go on and on. If I don't like something I make one or two comments on it then let it go. Cyclone just won't let this drop. Nobody else keeps up with negative posting unless they are trolls, that is the definition of a troll. So as long as he wants to be a troll on this manner, I will be bringing this up. If wants to stop then I will to.

All cyclone wants is to scare away donors to the blimp project, he fails to understand any of the countless explainations of why nobodies going to have personally any trouble donating. But OH NO he just keeps saying we are going to jail. Scaring away possible donors. None the less he uses any opertunity to bring this up. His only intent is to derail the blimp. he offers no positive solutions. He is more than just a messanger, he can influence newbies and ruin the project.:(

Man from La Mancha
12-30-2007, 08:06 PM
And nothing will happen to you for making these comments about Cyclone.. ... no warnings.. nothing. Tsk Tsk tsk...I only go after obvious trolling, if the mods back all their rules such as not allowing repeated negative posting on current forum projects then this would not be necessary.

ItsTime
12-30-2007, 08:10 PM
who would pay for their legal defense? and has anyone realized they can be charged AFTER the elections? and are there any ramifications to those who bought time?

szczebrzeszyn
12-30-2007, 08:11 PM
You are completely wrong, I only go after the the ones that trolls.
No, you go after anyone that posts anything critical related to the blimp project. I remember you since I started lurking here and I can't recall such an aggression in your posts. What happened? You were positive and calm back then. At least that's what I have remembered...

Cyclone
12-30-2007, 08:49 PM
I only go after obvious trolling, if the mods back all their rules such as not allowing repeated negative posting on current forum projects then this would not be necessary.

Well, I only go after obvious avoidance of the truth. Had the blimp team EVER said any of this I would not have made this post. This is 100% new information, sadly.

No one ever said the FEC was investigating. And Trevor is not only stating this is questionable legally in this ARTICLE TO A REPORTER but he is mocking him about it.

I dare you, blimp troll, to find one other post before today where I discussed this. It would be a little difficult considering I JUST READ THIS TODAY.

You are a dirty manipulator and you dare attack me?

NewEnd
12-31-2007, 12:01 AM
You may be in jail for all I know, but some of us want to avoid that possibility.

Us? Stop acting like you ever cared, or ever cared to donate.

RonPaulCentral
12-31-2007, 12:11 AM
Mods - I am not posting this to start a war. I am posting this in the interest of true transparency. Not once has the blimp team ever warned folks that the FEC was going to rule on whether or not this fund raising meets federal rules on campaign contributions.Please don't remove this post. People deserve to see this.

Screw the FEC

nate895
12-31-2007, 12:47 AM
This is a R3volUTION man

Hell with the damn FEC

Hell with anything that is restricting the Constitution and our civil liberties

You didn't sign up to maybe possibly if it works out get a little bit of freedom back

or if you did I'm sorry for you

I know I signed up to take back OUR COUNTRY

I agree.

These FEC Regulations are ridiculous, and should be thrown out the window. I should be able to walk out and do whatever I want to get a candidate elected, as long as it doesn't infringe on anyone's rights. If we want to put a blimp up in the air that says that Ron Paul should be President or to Google him or whatever, we shouldn't have to comply with some bureaucrat in Washington's regulations.

Cyclone
12-31-2007, 03:57 AM
I agree.

These FEC Regulations are ridiculous, and should be thrown out the window. I should be able to walk out and do whatever I want to get a candidate elected, as long as it doesn't infringe on anyone's rights. If we want to put a blimp up in the air that says that Ron Paul should be President or to Google him or whatever, we shouldn't have to comply with some bureaucrat in Washington's regulations.

Yes, you should be able to say what you want. No you shouldn't have to comply with these awful regulations. Neither should you pay taxes, or pay for undeclared wars, or pay for farm subsidies. We shouldn't have the government indoctrinating/teaching our children, we shouldn't be in Iraq or Korea or any other country with our military.

Vote for Ron Paul! That is the only way out of this mess!

And any and all are free to say screw the FEC. At least this week, I think, but then I haven't read the laws that were passed this week, so that might be illegal by now as well.

Man from La Mancha
12-31-2007, 04:14 AM
so that might be illegal by now as well.Great scare speculation without no basis of being a former FEC head. Great job of scaring away donors, great job of undermining a project. Feel good now. Just keep it up and see how much more damage one can do. This is a positive post, I'm suggesting this scare mongering stop for the benefit of the blimp project.

Cyclone
12-31-2007, 04:26 AM
ROFLMAO.

Wow. Now you attack fragments of sarcastic comments? M of LM, get a life. You have lost it.

pacelli
12-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Great scare speculation without no basis of being a former FEC head. Great job of scaring away donors, great job of undermining a project. Feel good now. Just keep it up and see how much more damage one can do. This is a positive post, I'm suggesting this scare mongering stop for the benefit of the blimp project.

A positive post is accusing someone of single-handedly "scaring away donors...undermining a project"? I thought your marching orders were to encourage donations. I've donated several times to the blimp and agree with the concept of it - it is a wonderful thing. Realize that attacking people personally is not doing any help for the blimp's success. One attracts more flies with honey than with vinegar.