PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Car Wash

James Caswell
07-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Someone on the MeetUp mailing list proposed the idea of a free Ron Paul car wash, with all of the donations going straight to his campaign. This would be a great way to spread the word in a completely positive way while encouraging those having their cars washed to ask why we're doing what we're doing. With the right signage and location this could be huge and alot of fun. If anyone knows a location please let us know, I will volunteer to organize this event if there is noone better connected for the job.:cool:

P.s. Maybe run a few interior bus ads on two or three buses that are in the city, as well as a commuter bus from the south. If we schedule it for the weekend before Hempfest to maximize impact we could get some really good coverage.

Blowback
07-14-2007, 11:53 PM
Personally, I think that is a great idea. Another idea I heard thrown out was a free carwash in the name of Ron Paul. I'm not sure if one or the other would do better for the Ron Paul campaign. I can set up a meet up for you if you would like or you can talk t the head organizer and they can set it for you.

Spirit of '76
07-15-2007, 12:22 AM
You've gotta have bikini chicks.

If you don't have bikini chicks, forget it. ;)

kylebrotherton
07-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Before accepting campaign donations, you need to read this:

quoting from http://www.ronpaul2008.com/get-involved/:

Federal law regulates the amounts and means by which funds may be legally contributed to a federal election campaign. As such, contributions to the Ron Paul Campaign should be made directly to the official campaign committee through the secure Official Donation Webpage . Those collecting contributions through Meetup.com groups may be unwittingly running afoul of complex campaign finance regulations or may be deceptively collecting money for other purposes.