PDA

View Full Version : I Saw the Blimp Today!! (Orlando)

NinjaPirate
12-30-2007, 04:37 PM
But I didn't bring my camera!! :( I went downtown yesterday to see the blimp (I had my camera with me then!) but it ran into some delays (head wind among other things), so I was a bit disappointed but I stayed for the parade which was going on, got some beads, then hung out a fellow meeup member's house, and then went to lunch with my meetup group. :D

Anyways, so I go downtown again THIS morning for the farmers market, and as I'm walking through the park with my girlfriend and kid in tow, I look up and BAM, theres the helium filled behemoth floating overhead! I pointed it out to my girlfriend and she kind of laughed at me for making a scene, and the little one was like "Cool!!" It was awesome, and there was a decent amount of people walking around who saw it, too!

Well, I just wanted to share my story with you all. Next time I'll post photos!

Shatterhand
12-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Was it easy to see the 'Ron Paul' lettering on the blimp from your vantage point?

statesman
12-30-2007, 04:44 PM
very niice... i wish i could see it that close

NinjaPirate
12-30-2007, 05:00 PM
Was it easy to see the 'Ron Paul' lettering on the blimp from your vantage point?

I could see it very well, and the blimp was almost directly overhead at one point! Of course I saw the infamous "gap" in the 'n' but that's only because I knew to look for it. It's not really all that noticeable though, it still looks like the sexy beast you see in the pics and vids. :D

Shatterhand
12-30-2007, 05:03 PM
I could see it very well, and the blimp was almost directly overhead at one point! Of course I saw the infamous "gap" in the 'n' but that's only because I knew to look for it. It's not really all that noticeable though, it still looks like the sexy beast you see in the pics and vids. :D

Wow. Great. I bet the blimp is drawing lots of attention.