PDA

View Full Version : Stop using DIGG

ghemminger
12-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Just my observation there is much opposition there now to our movement - why not suggest another friendlier site to send a million hits to!

AggieforPaul
12-30-2007, 03:37 PM
huh? All the hostile comments get dugg down, and all the nice ones get +100.

ghemminger
12-30-2007, 03:48 PM
huh? All the hostile comments get dugg down, and all the nice ones get +100.

Not talking comments....

PHenry
12-30-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm an avid Digger. That's how I keep up with the RP news at work. I CAN'T STOP, I MAY BE ADDICTED! And I've met some interesting folks on there...

ghemminger
12-30-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm an avid Digger. That's how I keep up with the RP news at work. I CAN'T STOP, I MAY BE ADDICTED! And I've met some interesting folks on there...

Yeah - but I am sensing some major oppostion to our cause there - might want to blowup reddit or other with less resistance

Nihilist23
12-30-2007, 05:53 PM
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/digg.com

Joe3113
12-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Yeah - but I am sensing some major oppostion to our cause there - might want to blowup reddit or other with less resistance

There is massive hostility there. I think the owners are operating in cahootz with the bury brigade.

integrity
12-30-2007, 05:56 PM
if more people from here digged we would totally own digg!

UtahApocalypse
12-30-2007, 06:16 PM
The biggest problem is some Ron Paul supporters seem to think Digg is for Ron Paul. I use Digg EVERYDAY yet very rarely digg anything RP related. If anything I wish that everyone would leave digg. Every time someone posts a digg on here.... I BURY IT! am I part of a bury brigade? NO, Am I a Ron Paul supporter, Yes. But the Digg rules that you DO NOT ATTEMPT COLLUSION to Digg or Bury articles. Also most Ron Paul stories get dugg by people that ONLY use digg for Ron paul. Too Me it ruins a good site.

AggieforPaul
12-30-2007, 06:19 PM
RP doesnt own digg just because us. Most people's positions on the issue line up perfectly with Dr. Paul's positions (religion being the exception)

literatim
12-30-2007, 06:19 PM
I have been on Digg since it was a fledgling site. It was Digg that made Ron Paul popular on the internet, period. How dare anyone attempt to tell me to stop using Digg?

Most of the bury brigade are new users made solely to bury Ron Paul stories.

RonPaulwillWin
12-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Digg is one of the home bases of the blogosphere. As george would say "That's not gonna happen"

jointhefightforfreedom
12-30-2007, 06:23 PM
if more people from here digged we would totally own digg!

AGREE !!!!!!!!!!

Joe3113
12-30-2007, 06:26 PM
The biggest problem is some Ron Paul supporters seem to think Digg is for Ron Paul. I use Digg EVERYDAY yet very rarely digg anything RP related. If anything I wish that everyone would leave digg. Every time someone posts a digg on here.... I BURY IT! am I part of a bury brigade? NO, Am I a Ron Paul supporter, Yes. But the Digg rules that you DO NOT ATTEMPT COLLUSION to Digg or Bury articles. Also most Ron Paul stories get dugg by people that ONLY use digg for Ron paul. Too Me it ruins a good site.

Absolute Bullshit. I thought you would be kicked off by now. Digging Ron Paul stories is COMPLETELY justified given the emergency we face with the people dying for nothing in Iraq and the federal reserve ripping everyone off. I think that stuff is more important than the rules of some stupid website.

integrity
12-30-2007, 06:28 PM

if digg discourages collusion why do they allow shouts? seems rather hypocritical. also collusion and common interest are 2 different things.

I could see where digg would not want a bunch of people digging each others crap as a trade deal where there is no interest.

I get people shouting at me to digg their stuff because they say they will dig mine. I think thats the collusion you are talking about.

Laja
12-30-2007, 06:30 PM
although i used to enjoy digg, there's a bury bot that some retards created that does away with Ron Paul stories. i've written to admin and provided proof from a blog that there's a large group getting off on burying everything Ron Paul. never heard back from digg on that.

integrity
12-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Absolute Bullshit. I thought you would be kicked off by now. Digging Ron Paul stories is COMPLETELY justified given the emergency we face with the people dying for nothing in Iraq and the federal reserve ripping everyone off. I think that stuff is more important than the rules of some stupid website.

agreed. this is war, like it or not. so we inconvenience some people. big deal we are also saving their ignorant assess.

dircha
12-30-2007, 06:32 PM

You're burying pro Ron Paul articles?

You're part of he problem. Why on earth would you do this?

Don't you think you could at least just leave them alone one way or the other?

szczebrzeszyn
12-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Absolute Bullshit. I thought you would be kicked off by now. Digging Ron Paul stories is COMPLETELY justified.
Even if they are no-story spam? No way. I bury spam even if it's RP related. Good RP articles always get to the top ten. Guess why?

integrity
12-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Even if they are no-story spam? No way. I bury spam even if it's RP related. Good RP articles always get to the top ten. Guess why?
I don't think they all get there, but I'll bite: Why?

Ethek
12-30-2007, 06:41 PM
dp

Ethek
12-30-2007, 06:42 PM
There is massive hostility there. I think the owners are operating in cahootz with the bury brigade.

The hostility comes from Democrats. Most everyone in opposition will be voting on the Democratic primary. We still need the page views of Diggs users to help keep people abreast of the campaign until the general election. Then expect it to get nasty.

hawkeyenick
12-30-2007, 06:42 PM
digg is how most people found the doctor, it will be our greatest asset as it grows!

tonyTheBest
12-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Use digg, it is a better way to have his name out.

ghemminger
12-30-2007, 06:44 PM
All I'm saying fellas is "Art of War" tactics - Strike where are opposition is less - if you want to continue to break ur heads against a brick wall - by all means - God Bless

Nihilist23
12-30-2007, 06:50 PM
All I'm saying fellas is "Art of War" tactics - Strike where are opposition is less - if you want to continue to break ur heads against a brick wall - by all means - God Bless

Despite all the censorship, the stories do break through to the front page pretty often, and when they do they usually achieve #1 status. Like it or not Digg is in the top 150 sites on the web. That kind of free publicity is priceless.

integrity
12-30-2007, 06:57 PM
and if we did not use digg it would be used against us....BIG TIME!!!

You got to fight the war on all fronts, and leaving digg to the enemy would be like leaving the back door open.

Everyone here needs to start using digg more!

Swmorgan77
12-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Just my observation there is much opposition there now to our movement - why not suggest another friendlier site to send a million hits to!

Why not? Because they get a lot of traffic and it helps the word get out to be there... opposition or not. ]

My .02

szczebrzeszyn
12-30-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't think they all get there, but I'll bite: Why?
Ok, maybe not all good stories (I don't have any stats), but anyway, many good stories get there - I'm sure we can agree on that. Why? Because they are good, relevant, no-spam pieces. It's that simple.

szczebrzeszyn
12-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Despite all the censorship, the stories do break through to the front page pretty often, and when they do they usually achieve #1 status.
Exactly.