PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina Event (7/21/07)

JS4Pat
07-12-2007, 05:45 PM
The campaign is trying to mobilize as many Ron Paul supporters as possible to attend these events, so I thought I'd see who is interested in a ROAD TRIP FOR RON!!!

Event #1: Ron Paul at the Greenville/Spartanburg Airport (GSP) Airport

When: Saturday, July 21, 2007 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM EST

Where:
Greenville/Spartanburg Airport (GSP) Airport
2000 Gsp Drive Greer SC 29651 Phone (864) 879-6000
Greer, South Carolina

Details: NEED A CROWD OF RON PAUL SUPPORTERS TO GREET RON PAUL AT THE GSP AIRPORT THE EARLY MORNING OF JULY 21 AT 9:00 AM - HIS ARRIVAL TIME 10 AM - AMERICAN AIRLINES!!!

RSVP: http://eventful.com/events/E0-001-005234090-6

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Event #2: RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT - SPARTANBURG

When: Saturday, July 21, 2007 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM EST

Where:
SUMMITT POINT CONFERENCE CENTER
895 SPARTAN BLVD
Spartanburg, South Carolina

Details: Cost is $25 per person. There is a Spartanburg GOP Luncheon and a Forum where Ron Paul will speak and do a one hour Q&A session.

RSVP: http://eventful.com/events/E0-001-005202851-8

Event #3: RON PAUL Rally in Greenville, South Carolina

When: Saturday, July 21, 2007 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM EST

RSVP: http://eventful.com/events/E0-001-005234031-3

More Information in this thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=6017&page=7

I plan to go and will probably be able to take 3 people with me.

It's a 5 1/2 hour drive from Jacksonville so I am thinking about leaving at 5:15am on Saturday morning to attend the lunch event and the rally in Greenville. I will get a hotel room for Saturday night and drive back on Sunday morning.

Anyone else interested in making the trip?

bernie
07-13-2007, 08:19 AM
I'm in. Most likely to make the trip early Sat, skip the airport arrival and attend the later events.

Do we have a meetup place for the drive?

JS4Pat
07-13-2007, 08:24 AM
I'm in. Most likely to make the trip early Sat, skip the airport arrival and attend the later events.

Do we have a meetup place for the drive?
Do you need a ride?

Suggestion for a meeting spot?
(Somewhere central that people can leave their cars)

athena0626
07-13-2007, 11:38 AM
So is that the general consensus... leaving early Saturday and skipping the airport thing? Is anyone still considering staying over?

JS4Pat
07-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Is anyone still considering staying over?

Friday or Saturday?

I'm staying over Saturday night. I can get a hotel room - doesn't matter to me how many people want to crash there.

JS4Pat
07-15-2007, 10:35 AM
We need to get a firm count on who is going.

Departure Time: 5:30am Saturday, June 21st

Departure Location: Jax Indoor Sports Parking Lot (Corner of I-95 & Emerson Street)
http://www.jaxindoorsports.com/directions.htm

Cost: If you want to attend the GOP Fundraising Luncheon where Ron Paul will speak it will cost $25. Other than that, it will just be chipping in for Gas and Lodging and your Food. I don’t see the trip costing more than $50 per person.

The Organizer from the Orlando Ron Paul Meetup Group is going with us. He will either ride with me or drive if we have more than 4 people going. So far I have Mike Ryan, Nick Egoroff (Orlando Meetup Organizer). One more can ride with me. I will be staying over Saturday night somewhere near Greenville, SC and then driving back early on Sunday morning.

athena0626
07-15-2007, 03:52 PM
99% sure that I am going and bringing a friend from work. I'll give the 100% tomorrow, and I will probably drive my own car as well.

bernie
07-17-2007, 11:45 AM
I will most likely drive my own car. Do we need to rsvp or pay at the door.

JS4Pat
07-17-2007, 12:11 PM
I will most likely drive my own car. Do we need to rsvp or pay at the door.

Are you still going to meet at 5:30am for the caravan up?

This is the e-mail I received yesterday in regards to the SC Event...

Dear friend,

Ron Paul will be coming to Greenville, SC this Saturday, July 21st! He will be featured at two events, a GOP sponsored luncheon and at aregional campaign rally!

The first event will be a Ron Paul Luncheon hosted by the SpartanburgRepublican Party. Tickets are $25 (collected at the door), with all proceedsgoing to the Spartanburg GOP. Dr. Paul needs supporters in the room for theintensive question and answer session planned. The luncheon will be at noon, held at the Summit Pointe Meetings & EventsCenter, 805 Spartan Blvd, Spartanburg, SC 29301.

At 3pm we will "Celebrate Life and Liberty" at a free rally for all Ron Paulsupporters! We're expecting supporters to gather from all over the region. Help usdemonstrate the large base of support that Ron Paul has in the South bygetting as many folks as possible to attend this event. Our rally will be held at the Carolina First Center (formerly the PalmettoExpo Center), located at One Exposition Avenue, Greenville SC, 29607.

For more details visit www.ronpaul2008.com/events/ron-paul-in-spartanburg

See you there!

acejoca
07-17-2007, 12:24 PM
hey I really want to go but I would need a ride for sure if I can go. I just dont have so much money. I can probrably pull out $50 though but thats max for me. do you think that would be enough?

JS4Pat
07-17-2007, 01:45 PM
hey I really want to go but I would need a ride for sure if I can go. I just dont have so much money. I can probrably pull out $50 though but thats max for me. do you think that would be enough?
Don't worry about it. Contribute what you can.

I'll make sure you get there and back.

bernie
07-17-2007, 03:19 PM
yeah, we can caravan. 5:30 am works for me.

acejoca
07-17-2007, 08:40 PM
so does this mean bernie is riding with you guys?

JS4Pat
07-17-2007, 08:54 PM
so does this mean bernie is riding with you guys?

He said that he will most likely drive - Guess we'll wait and see what the final headcount is.

acejoca
07-17-2007, 09:01 PM
I'd just hate to get there and not be enough room for everyone. Also Dary just sent an email saying he wants to go as well but doesn't have a ride.

athena0626
07-18-2007, 05:53 AM
Don't worry, I'm driving too. I will also meet for the caravan. I think perhaps two hotel rooms might be needed, depending... but really I don't care because I'm broke too, and I can crash on the floor no problem.

acejoca
07-18-2007, 06:10 AM
yes I can sleep on the floor as well or if its too crowded I can always ask a bum where a good place is to sleep. It don't matter to me. Like I said though I have $50 maybe $60 that I can afford to spend so subtracting the $25 to get into Ron's event the rest I can give to the group for whatever expense's needed. I think I can manage $60 though.

JS4Pat
07-18-2007, 08:56 AM
Dary Asks:

Concerning the South Carolina event this thread says that If you want to attend the Spartanburg GOP event you must call Alice at 864-542-1992 in order to RSVP.

Do you think that we should we each do that individually or would you want to do it for everyone once you get a final head count?
I will do it for everyone - once I get a final count of those who are going and those who are willing to pay $25 to get into this event.

Put you down as 1?

Dary
07-18-2007, 09:11 AM
I will do it for everyone - once I get a final count of those who are going and those who are willing to pay $25 to get into this event.

Put you down as 1?

If I can get a ride, yes.

JS4Pat
07-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Is this correct?

Athena - Is this who you reserved for the GOP Event in Spartanburg?

1. John S. (Driver + 3)
2. Jon B. (Driver + ?)
3. Nick E. –From Orlando- (Driver if Needed)
4. Matt E.
5. Dary
6. Mike R.
7. Athena P.

bernie
07-18-2007, 02:10 PM
I rsvp'd today.

athena0626
07-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Is this correct?

Athena - Is this who you reserved for the GOP Event in Spartanburg?

1. John S. (Driver + 3)
2. Jon B. (Driver + ?)
3. Nick E. –From Orlando- (Driver if Needed)
4. Matt E.
5. Dary
6. Mike R.
7. Athena P.

Yes. Plus I also made a reservation for Will Pitts. I learned today however that if Will goes he is bringing his son, and that Nick may be bringing two college students. I tried, but wasn't able to make reservations for them b/c I didn't have their info in time. But I was thinking that if we do have extras, we MIGHT still be able to pull it off, because I did all the above RSVPs together, and both John Byrne and Dary RSVPed for themselves a second time. Maybe we could play that card if we have to, since they may actually have extra spaces as a result of this. We'll see I guess.

Last note, I will also be driving... I have room for 3 (or 4 less comfortably)

acejoca
07-18-2007, 10:48 PM
do you guys think it would be a good idea to bring a camcorder to try and make a you tube video. if so does anyone have one they can bring? otherwise i can try and borrow my parents.

athena0626
07-19-2007, 08:51 AM
I should have the video camera thing covered, but it wouldnt hurt to have more than one if anyone else has one...

we could combine the best footage from both tapes

Spirit of '76
07-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Anybody passing through WV on the way with room for one more?

I can help with gas money. Just need to be back for work on Monday.

JS4Pat
07-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Looks like we have 11 people confirmed for the Jacksonville to South Carolina Caravan.

I have directions printed for all drivers and it looks like we are going to be cutting it close for the 12:00 noon event in Spartanburg - so I suggest everyone be at the Jax Indoor Sports Parking Lot by 5:15am - so that we can make sure we are on the road by 5:30am.

I will bring a big cooler with ice and drinks. (And I have some CD compilations of radio show interviews with Ron Paul if anybody doesn't think the two SC events will be enough. :D

Bring your cameras...

1. John S. (Driver)
2. Jon B. (Driver )
3. Athena P. (Driver)
4. Nick E. -From Orlando- (Driver)
5. Nik - From UCF RP Meetup
6. Nick - College Student
7. Matt E.
8. Dary
9. Mike R.
10. Will P
11. Will P's Son.

athena0626
07-19-2007, 05:54 PM
And Will Pitts' daughter now too! I think they may leave Friday though.