PDA

View Full Version : If Jefferson could time travel...

mconder
05-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Ahh...how many times I have wished the founders of this country could time travel, come see what has become of their dream of liberty, and open a collective can of whoopass on the current management. Then I pause in this dellusion only to realize that the founders would be considered unpatriotic and border line traitors by the neo-cons in power.

First, they probably would be smart enough not to claim to be the time travelling visages of passed great men lest the be committed to the crazy house. Sure, I guess they could get some DNA evidence proving the time travel claim, but I doubt they would dig up Montecello to get a sample based on the request of a colonial look alike no matter how good the immitation. They would have to start from scratch with their 16th century knowledge of the world. Would they be able to break back into the National political scene with such a handicap?

While in the midst of this musing, I realized something. The founders are with us today in the form of Ron Paul. I'm not suggesting reincarnation here, but something nearly as extrodinary. Consider out of all the politicians in Washington, is there anyone so honest, so strong yet humble, so full of the power of truth? This man is truely an unexpected but pleasant oddity. We are so very fortunate to have a man here that can command the same sense of awe and inspiration as one of the Founding Fathers.

I would only ask that we support him with the same intensity we would have if we were all time travellers and could go serve under the command of George Washington at Valley Forge. He deserves it and more importantly this country needs it.

MsDoodahs
05-20-2007, 06:09 PM
History in the making. :)

JoshLowry
05-20-2007, 06:12 PM
History in the making. :)

No doubt about it. We have the chance to make history here.

We have to do our part. True red white and blue stuff, but there are some major forces working against us.

DrStrabismus
05-20-2007, 06:24 PM
They would have to start from scratch with their 16th century knowledge of the world.

it's 18-19th century, but nbd...

aravoth
05-20-2007, 06:57 PM
We can do this, we can win. I've said it before, and I will say it again. It won't be the first time a goliath was brought down by the faithful.

Melchior
05-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Ahh...how many times I have wished the founders of this country could time travel, come see what has become of their dream of liberty, and open a collective can of whoopass on the current management. Then I pause in this dellusion only to realize that the founders would be considered unpatriotic and border line traitors by the neo-cons in power.

That would actually make a great plot device.

Franklin, Washington, Jefferson, and Hamilton, find a way to time travel to our era and see what has become of the United States. Unimpressed by the direction the country has taken, they each decide to perpetuate their ideas without revealing their identity (maybe one runs for president, another writes a book).

As a result they become branded as "terrorist appears" and "immoral seculars" by the right-wing, and "greedy capitalists" and "cave-man conservatives" by the left-wing.

They did it with MLK on Boondocks.

sfhamilton
05-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Mconder could not have said it better. The Founders would be all for the Internet. And I think the Internet is what is making the difference for Ron Paul in his presidential bid this time around. The Internet Polls show Ron Paul is leaving the competition in the dust. Google the MSNBC ratings and check it out! It's exciting that the American people are loving it and have some sense afterall. Let's ride this wave of getting Ron Paul's message out. (Although having Ron Paul in the White House is my first choice!) People react postively to what this Stateman says, but it's so long since anyone has heard the truth.