PDA

View Full Version : West Florida is all Ron Paul

hummtide
12-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Probably close to 75,000 primary voters in the 7 western counties of the panhandle can be counted on primary day in Florida. This is typically amongst the most conservative areas of the country (huge military presence).

mavtek
12-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Evidence?

nist7
12-30-2007, 12:48 PM
What makes you think they will go for Ron Paul?

If you ever look at what the old media are reporting....Ron Paul is running for the nomination of the wrong party.

Brad Zink
12-30-2007, 12:53 PM
The military supports Ron Paul over all of the other Republican candidates.

Ron2Win
12-30-2007, 12:53 PM
I am here in South Florida and I have seen ZERO Ron Paul support.

No signs, no banners, absolutely nothing.

To be fair though, there is nothing about the other candidates either.

FreedomLover
12-30-2007, 12:55 PM
What makes you think they will go for Ron Paul?

They may not even know who he is.

AlisaOR
12-30-2007, 12:56 PM

Then get busy!

coastie
12-30-2007, 01:08 PM

Well, I live in the Panhandle and have seen LOTS of support....Signs everywhere, even saw a billboard this morning going over a bridge in P'cola for Ron Paul...

Said "Tired of Iraq? Call Ron Paul...1-877......"

At the bottom it said "this ad NOT paid for by the Ron Paul campaign"

I love it:D:D:D

ckhagen
12-30-2007, 01:17 PM
I'm in NW Florida. You're right, it goes 80% to a REP every time. Very, very conservative. We've done a TON of work to get the name recognition out. We have to remember that we have a lot of warmongerers up here though, so it can be a really tough sell. It's a potential gold mine though.

AlisaOR
12-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Paul gaining ground in Florida Maple Brown
Published 12/30/2007 - 1:36 p.m. EST

There are tangible signs on the ground that Ron Paul presidential campaign is gaining support in Florida. There is noticeably an increase in yard signs on residences and bumper stickers on automobiles in the Sunshine State that are supportive of Ron Paul.

There have also been increased incidences of Paul supporters in various cities having mini rallies holding up Ron Paul signs at busy intersections. Paul supporters had a highly visible presence at several intersections in the South Western Florida city of Cape Coral yesterday. The city has been noted as one of the fastest growing cities with a population over 100,000 people.

Florida is a very diverse state yet Paul’s support seems evident across the state. Home made signs are popping up in rural areas and highly concentrated areas along the coasts. It seems apparent that for whatever reasons Paul’s support is not being registered in media generated polls.

Florida does not have an income tax so Paul’s message of eliminating federal income taxes may be effective. The state is also a right to carry state which may aid a candidate like Paul that is strongly in favor of the second amendment.

There may also be another issue that is driving support for Paul in Florida. The state has been devastated by a housing collapse. Paul has been very critical of the Federal Reserve and has blamed the Fed for creating an inflated housing market leading to the current crash.

Rudy Giuliani has made Florida a must win state for his campaign. His hope has been to win the state then take that momentum with him into Super Tuesday. In this fluid race anything can happen. It is starting to look like Paul’s campaign is going to give Giuliani a run for his money.

http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?articleID=212695

Matt Collins
12-30-2007, 02:03 PM
This surprises me since the Sun Coast is mostly old people and their parents. Not exactly Ron's most active demographic.

jcbraithwaite7
12-30-2007, 02:05 PM
I was in Gainesville and saw a billboard on 75 and a bunch of bumper stickers. It made my day!

bishop1847
12-30-2007, 07:36 PM

The Thursday before Christmas I was leaving Fort Lauderdale and saw a group of 10 or so people with HUGE Ron Paul signs (6+ foot) at Sunrise and US1. Also, while driving out to Coral Springs, I saw a sign on a fence out on Cypress Creek. I've also seen at least 4 home made signs on telephone polls around Fort Lauderdale.

He's all over Broward - I have seen NO other candidate support. I work in Miami Beach, and have seen at least 5-6 cars with RP bumper stickers over the last month.

srps2233
12-30-2007, 07:39 PM
I live in West Palm Beach and have seen quite a few Ron Paul bumper stickers and have been told that there are some lawn signs as well, although I haven't seen those personally.

fxmercenary
12-30-2007, 07:43 PM
im in SW Florida, and there are Ron Paul Signs EVERYWHERE.

LynnB
12-30-2007, 08:00 PM

I'm in the panhandle on the coast and I've one or two Obama signs, and several Ron Paul signs. My son is in Tallahassee and sees their volunteers on the streets handing out slim jims.

John of Des Moines
12-30-2007, 08:01 PM
For what it's worth, I was speaking to the All-mac-lee county (very north-eastern county) chair today and she flew in from Tampa last night and said that area is well populated with Paul signs.

michaelwise
12-30-2007, 08:02 PM

There are tangible signs on the ground that Ron Paul presidential campaign is gaining support in Florida. There is noticeably an increase in yard signs on residences and bumper stickers on automobiles in the Sunshine State that are supportive of Ron Paul.

There have also been increased incidences of Paul supporters in various cities having mini rallies holding up Ron Paul signs at busy intersections. Paul supporters had a highly visible presence at several intersections in the South Western Florida city of Cape Coral yesterday. The city has been noted as one of the fastest growing cities with a population over 100,000 people.

Florida is a very diverse state yet Paul’s support seems evident across the state. Home made signs are popping up in rural areas and highly concentrated areas along the coasts. It seems apparent that for whatever reasons Paul’s support is not being registered in media generated polls.

Florida does not have an income tax so Paul’s message of eliminating federal income taxes may be effective. The state is also a right to carry state which may aid a candidate like Paul that is strongly in favor of the second amendment.

There may also be another issue that is driving support for Paul in Florida. The state has been devastated by a housing collapse. Paul has been very critical of the Federal Reserve and has blamed the Fed for creating an inflated housing market leading to the current crash.

Rudy Giuliani has made Florida a must win state for his campaign. His hope has been to win the state then take that momentum with him into Super Tuesday. In this fluid race anything can happen. It is starting to look like Paul’s campaign is going to give Giuliani a run for his money.

I want to exploit the economic devastation caused by the Federal Reserve. Maybe a commercial that says;

Enjoying the Real Estate Bust?
Stop the Madness.
Ron Paul has already introduced legislation to abolish the Federal Reserve and return the power of money back to the people.

LynnB
12-30-2007, 08:06 PM

-snipped-

I loved the report about Giuli's stop in Orlando, where he was met my "dozens" of his supporters! LOL!

thePhilosopher
12-30-2007, 08:12 PM
im in SW Florida, and there are Ron Paul Signs EVERYWHERE.

I was in Tampa recently and was shocked how every other corner it seemed I could find a Ron Paul sign. Maybe it was just where I was staying, but it was impressive. ABSOLUTELY NO VISIBLE SUPPORT for the usual suspects (Romney, Rudy, etc.).

Take that for what you all will.

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
12-30-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm in NW Florida. You're right, it goes 80% to a REP every time. Very, very conservative. We've done a TON of work to get the name recognition out. We have to remember that we have a lot of warmongerers up here though, so it can be a really tough sell. It's a potential gold mine though.

Isn't it actually easier to win the less conservative counties in a primary since we get so many cross over voters? A conservative state doesn't have any more weight in a republican primary than a liberal one does, does it?

ThePieSwindler
12-30-2007, 08:18 PM
http://www.louislogan.com/letters/index.asp

Go there to sign up for writing letters in florida, so we can continue our momentum down there!