PDA

View Full Version : FACEBOOK Buries Ron Paul's Profile on 6th Page for "Ron Paul" query

kjdaugirdas
07-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Riddle me this, Ron:

How come a search for "Ron Paul" in Facebook's "Search all networks" function doesn't pull your official candidate page up in the first 6 pages of results or more, and appears only NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE 6th PAGE in a more specific "Names" query?

Do I smell a little Facebookcorp subversiveness here against Ron Paul?

Let's let them know -- if Facebookcorop is getting into "election" funtionality, they should make sure each candidate's profile is easily and equally accessible. Sure, I found a few Ron Paul support groups, but, come on, put his profile on the front page.

RON's Fb PROFILE (http://www.facebook.com/person.php?id=2330333861)

Shink
07-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Riddle me this, Ron:

How come a search for "Ron Paul" in Facebook's "Search all networks" function doesn't pull your official candidate page up in the first 6 pages of results or more, and appears only NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE 6th PAGE in a more specific "Names" query?

Do I smell a little Facebookcorp subversiveness here against Ron Paul?

Let's let them know -- if Facebookcorop is getting into "election" funtionality, they should make sure each candidate's profile is easily and equally accessible. Sure, I found a few Ron Paul support groups, but, come on, put his profile on the front page.

RON's Fb PROFILE (http://www.facebook.com/person.php?id=2330333861)

I could be wrong, but did you search "Ron Paul" under groups the first time? By name, I would assume you'd find him faster. He actually counts as a 'friend' I believe, not a group. That's where Congressman Ron Paul for President 2008 steps in.

kjdaugirdas
07-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Yeah, I know about the group... but his actual candidate profile doesn't show up until the 6th page on a "Names" search for "Ron Paul". I see that they link to it from the Ron Paul group page, but that can be easy to miss.

I just want to make sure that his candidate page is easily findable, since that's the place people go to when they count "official ron paul facebook support" numbers for publishing on places like www.techpresident.com .

rpf2008
07-13-2007, 09:46 AM
For me he comes up second following Ron Paul TV

Mesogen
07-13-2007, 03:48 PM
I have never used facebook but if their search is anything like myspace's search, then it's nothing nefarious.

I've searched people's names before. These people had very unusual names, but when I search for their profile, it might be on the 6th page, or it might not be in the search at all. Instead I get almost random profiles with nothing to do with the search term.

Kuldebar
07-19-2007, 07:59 AM
I had an awful time finding the Campaign's Facebook page even when I followed the direct link for ronpaul2000.org!

I kept getting prompted for my log in even though I had already logged in. :/

In the image below, I follow the official site's link and I get this page...even though I am loged in to the Facebook site and Ron Paul's Facebook page in another browser tab:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d124/Kuldebar/facebookweirdness.jpg

Is this a firefox thing?