IHaveaDream
12-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Are you a Ron Paul supporter? :rolleyes:

Alex Stern
12-30-2007, 05:58 PM
deleted but thanks for the interest!

Mark
12-30-2007, 07:22 PM
If you could watch an extra TV commercial to help Ron Paul raise the billions of dollars the TV networks are making on advertising, you would, wouldn't you? Better yet, what if you only had to deal with a closable window on your computer screen once a day to raise money for Dr. Paul without taking out your wallet?

If the 11,490 members of this forum each spent 30 seconds of their posting time signing up for this service (assuming they didn't even try to recruit friends or family) that would generate around 1,149 to 2,298 dollars for Dr. Paul every day. This would revolutionize campaigning (not just by the dollar amount, which would be major, but also because of the unique grassroots technology, instantly converting good intentions to cash). Of course this new method would be all over the news (generating more awareness of Dr. Paul, votes, donations, and downloads).

To see what I'm talking about check out this newspaper article “The Donation Site: A viral approach to philanthropy” (http://malibutimes.com/articles/2007/11/28/life_and_arts/art2.txt)

As the founder of TheDonationSite.com (http://TheDonationSite.com), I am offering Ron Paul supporters first crack at a license of this patent pending business method and software for the '08 campaign. An exclusive license is available for the term of the '08 campaign for the amount of $9900. A non-exclusive license will cost $4900. All that's needed to accomplish this campaign innovation is for a group of supporters to be organized to either front the money for the license (which can be recouped from the initial advertising returns) or to contribute the cost of the license outright.

Please contact me at astern@thedonationsite.com to arrange for a license.

Best regards,
Alex Stern

It seems to still be a new concept.

The publicity you would get connecting this to the Ron Paul campaign is priceless in terms of advertising your concept.

Why not just provide the license for free in exchange for the publicity you'd receive?

My guess is it would be well worth it in ROI for your business.

krzee
12-31-2007, 04:22 AM
That would seem so much cooler if you were doing something to support Ron Paul and not just here selling your service. I appologize if I misunderstood something, but that is how it seemed to me.

NewEnd
12-31-2007, 05:05 AM
boo.
$9900?

Too bad you were honest. Couldn't even lie and say you loved Ron Paul. So next time I see a big white grin trying to sell us this, I'll keep this little thread handy... and this was your first post.

Again.

Boo.

Ron LOL
12-31-2007, 05:34 AM
Not impressed, OP. Not impressed.

Mark
12-31-2007, 05:59 AM
Not impressed, OP. Not impressed.

I'd like to see all of you naysayers study and learn cryptographic systems on your own.

Did anyone even read the newspaper article? Or did you just think you had an opportunity to put someone down to make yourself feel better?

I'll tell you one thing.

The education system is just as rough on geniuses to deal with as the ordinary student.

I'm a bit surprised that this outstanding young man is even bothering to go to college.

He'd probably already have a Doctorate at 17 if he wanted to, and if he didn't start work on this project and I'm sure many others.

Sometimes some of y'all are so completely clueless that it blows my mind.

Kalash
12-31-2007, 06:11 AM
Not bad...

Interesting...
And not bad.

The official campaign probably can't touch this.

And... Alex - thanks for the offer.
If someone can put the money together, I can see this being worth it.

Kalash
12-31-2007, 06:16 AM
Alex - have you looked into the donation laws?

While this would be individual efforts, the checks would (I'm assuming) be coming from your company (after getting paid by the advertisers...)

I don't know if you can do that.

As, technically, you own the website, your profits are... YOURS.
You choose to donate them to the rainforest (no complaints there...)
And yes... most people would stop getting the popups if you put the money in your pocket - so in a sense you are providing a service to them - allowing them to donate time instead of money...

But I think this may become a sticky spot with the FEC.

Not sure.
Need someone with more FEC experience than me - but I see this being a potentially fatal flaw for using this approach for political fund raising (election wise anyway...)

I'm down for other causes though.
If we register now, and this does work out for the campaign, do we re-register?

How do you keep track of who's signing up to donate for what?

Ron LOL
12-31-2007, 06:58 AM
I'd like to see all of you naysayers study and learn cryptographic systems on your own.

Did anyone even read the newspaper article? Or did you just think you had an opportunity to put someone down to make yourself feel better?

I'll tell you one thing.

The education system is just as rough on geniuses to deal with as the ordinary student.

I'm a bit surprised that this outstanding young man is even bothering to go to college.

He'd probably already have a Doctorate at 17 if he wanted to, and if he didn't start work on this project and I'm sure many others.

Sometimes some of y'all are so completely clueless that it blows my mind.
lolololololol

What are you on about. Wow, cryptography, amazing. Let me guess: the Schneier book? This forum is full of all sorts of engineers (including myself). Crypto is math. Real engineers (sorry, software guys ;)) know lots and lots and lots of math. There are next to no useful technical details in the article, and more importantly, who cares? I don't know what you read in my post, but that isn't what I was talking about at all.

Also, you obviously have no clue what goes in to a Ph.D, so I'll excuse your ignorance.

Back to my objection: perhaps you missed the part where he spammed our forum trying to sell his stupid product?

Kalash
12-31-2007, 07:05 AM
Back to my objection: perhaps you missed the part where he spammed our forum trying to sell his stupid product?

At 17 you'd have done something similar.

I'm just happy he spammed us here instead of spamming someone else's forums. (Er... does anyone else HAVE forums? Like.... real ones? With users???)

The kid isn't a business man.
He's a kid.

Give the kid a break.

(BTW - Alex, bad idea coming here and spamming the boards. *smacks hands with ruler*
Next time, participate, become a trusted member of the forums, then slowly offer suggestions on how to do something a little better - and offer a way to get those things done.
Sales is all about presentation. You had a bad one here. Your product may/may not make up for it. We'll see.
This forum is full of nutters... people that think Ron Paul's way is the only way. If you don't support Ron Paul, you become "the enemy." This isn't what it's all about. I promise. Some people have just lost all their patience dealing with actual enemies and have a tendency to jump upon those they see as potential threats/dregs upon the time/energy/finances of the unofficial campaign.
Stick around. Lots of us are sociable. ;))

Mark
12-31-2007, 08:21 AM
lolololololol

What are you on about. Wow, cryptography, amazing. Let me guess: the Schneier book? This forum is full of all sorts of engineers (including myself). Crypto is math. Real engineers (sorry, software guys ;)) know lots and lots and lots of math. There are next to no useful technical details in the article, and more importantly, who cares? I don't know what you read in my post, but that isn't what I was talking about at all.

Also, you obviously have no clue what goes in to a Ph.D, so I'll excuse your ignorance.

For the record:

1. Mathematics was my favorite subject - It still bored me.

2. Way back in the day, 1975, I was put in a new program in 11th grade. Advanced Mathematics and Computer Programming.

We used an early form of the Internet in the form of a phone line connection to a mainframe at NCSU. - It bored me.

3. I was an Engineer in 1984 - I decided that I didn't want to waste my life in a cubicle - It bored the crap out of me.

4. I live in the Research Triangle. - The Silicon Valley of the East. It has one of the highest percentages of PHD's per population in the country.

Alex Stern
12-31-2007, 11:41 AM
deleted but thanks for the interest!