PDA

View Full Version : Slim Jims at apartment complexes

hummtide
12-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Think we should ask for permission first from the office manager on duty before passing them out (especially at large complexes?)

ItsTime
12-30-2007, 11:19 AM
yes. I would hate to live in a building with no soliciting signs then get a knock on the door by a Ron Paul person.

1913_to_2008
12-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Just put them out.. I've already littered a few complexes around here. Door to door salesman don't ask permission.... You can even put them in the crack of every door.

Bilgefisher
12-30-2007, 11:21 AM
yes. I would hate to live in a building with no soliciting signs then get a knock on the door by a Ron Paul person.

In many places you can be asked to leave the property. Door to door is not allowed in many complexes.

hummtide
12-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Just put them out.. I've already littered a few complexes around here. Door to door salesman don't ask permission.... You can even put them in the crack of every door.

Oh no, Im not knocking especially on a Sunday! I just leave em in the crack of the door. I already covered a 200 unit complex in under 45 minutes today already!

Stealth4
12-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Oh no, Im not knocking especially on a Sunday! I just leave em in the crack of the door. I already covered a 200 unit complex in under 45 minutes today already!

^^ True Patriot ^^

hummtide
12-30-2007, 11:27 AM
^^ True Patriot ^^

All ill say, have extra deodorant, shirts, and drink plenty of fluids!

Libertarian
12-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Slide them under the doors. You can cover 10X more territory if you don't talk to anybody :)

hummtide
12-30-2007, 11:29 AM
another thing too that I did, was I stopped after I got done with that large complex since I was getting sweaty (thanks southern summer-like humidity!) But come New Years... ITS ON!! As it will be cold and crispy! One thing to mention is we are selling Ron Paul, so be presentable!

Thanehand
12-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Don't ask permission and don't advertise you are doing it. Does old media advertise and ask permission in regards to ignoring Ron?

voiceactivated
12-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Another good idea passed on to me is to distribute the Health Care Slim Jim's at hospital cafeterias during lunch and dinner time. So far he's had a good response and hasn't been asked to stop.

UtahApocalypse
12-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Slide them under the doors. You can cover 10X more territory if you don't talk to anybody :)

I disagree. Most people will just throw out something left on a door.

I found that talking and being able to show my support, passion, and interest in our country has gotten a great response.

dkim68
01-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Is it illegal to put them in mailboxes?

Jobarra
01-09-2008, 06:08 PM
I believe someone mentioned before that it's a felony if you mess with a mailbox(do anything to it) and you are not a postal worker.

As for apartment complexes, I know I would be angry if I lived in an apartment complex and got solicited. I don't know about your local apartments either, but in mine they have quite a few police officers living there. I would say hit houses unless they have a no soliciting sign.

VoluntaryMan
01-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Think we should ask for permission first from the office manager on duty before passing them out (especially at large complexes?)

If you're knocking, ask, but do so under the guise of "taking a political poll."

If you're just leaving the slimjims, don't ask for permission: just do it.

RPDelegate
01-09-2008, 06:11 PM

Good job! This is how it should be done. Don't knock on doors, it wastes way too much time.

blakjak
01-09-2008, 06:12 PM

I get chinese delivery phamplets in my door all the time. I don't see why a Paul slimjim would fall under different rules.

McDermit
01-09-2008, 06:17 PM
I travel a lot... so I do hotels, cruise ships, etc. I've been caught by housekeepng twice and security a few times, but they just check to see that you're allowed to be there (actually have a room) then ask that you stop.

Do it in the PM or very early AM. You can get hundreds of people in under 30 mins. Especially on cruises. Walk the long corridors... one in each door crack. If you do it right, it just looks like you're steadying yourself against the walls as you walk. No one says anything.

VoluntaryMan
01-09-2008, 06:21 PM
I travel a lot... so I do hotels, cruise ships, etc. I've been caught by housekeepng twice and security a few times, but they just check to see that you're allowed to be there (actually have a room) then ask that you stop.

Do it in the PM or very early AM. You can get hundreds of people in under 30 mins. Especially on cruises. Walk the long corridors... one in each door crack. If you do it right, it just looks like you're steadying yourself against the walls as you walk. No one says anything.

Fantastic! I hadn't thought of that. This should be replicated.

WV Freedom Fighter
01-09-2008, 06:27 PM

Yes, it is illegal to put them inside mailboxs. Stick them in the crack of the door, or hang them on the knob with plastic door hanger bags.

Swmorgan77
01-09-2008, 06:33 PM
I would really advise targeting registered republicans at this point. We don't have time for the "shotgun" approach anymore. I'd rather put 1 DVD/slimjim in a registered Republicans hands than 50 in the hands of just people off the street.

You can get info on Registered Republicans in your area by signing up as a precinct captain at the campaing web site www.ronpaul2008.com

You may have already been thinking this...

Plus you can be networking to get yourself voted precinct delegate at the same time.

srp
01-09-2008, 06:59 PM
I get chinese delivery phamplets in my door all the time. I don't see why a Paul slimjim would fall under different rules.

Me too. I would do this in my building if I had slim jims...

runderwo
01-09-2008, 10:47 PM
We got a death threat from a guy who apparently had a no soliciting sign but got a voter registration form and a slim jim with meetup information. That was "interesting". The person who got the call was too stunned to inform the guy that we did him a favor by bringing him a voter registration form and a chance at freedom for free.