PDA

View Full Version : Blimp in Polk City, FL

Meadophile
12-30-2007, 09:15 AM
It landed at Fantasy of Flight in Polk City. I wish I had a camera.

walt
12-30-2007, 09:48 AM
it's again not taking off on time. Uhm - daylight starts at 7AM not 10AM btw

Matt Collins
12-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Where is it going? When and where can I go up and see it first hand?

Wolfgang Bohringer
12-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Matt,

The blimp execs were politely requested to not write back home until they've found gainful employment. They were last seen roaming the groves of IMPERIAL Polk County Florida hoping to find openings for orange pickers based on the assumption that RP had already rounded up the free un-stamped, un-micro-chipped Mexicans who up until now (or so our prodigal blimp sons thought) had been picking our oranges.

Meadophile
12-31-2007, 09:52 AM
I got a camera so I could take a picture.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/Tuoni/004.jpg

Matt Collins
12-31-2007, 10:21 AM
Matt,

The blimp execs were politely requested to not write back home until they've found gainful employment. They were last seen roaming the groves of IMPERIAL Polk County Florida hoping to find openings for orange pickers based on the assumption that RP had already rounded up the free un-stamped, un-micro-chipped Mexicans who up until now (or so our prodigal blimp sons thought) had been picking our oranges.
HUH?!?!?! This makes no sense whatsoever

all4one
12-31-2007, 10:31 AM
HUH?!?!?! This makes no sense whatsoever

(IMO) I thought I detected an oder of sarcasm in Wolfgang's reply. :D ;)

Wolfgang Bohringer
12-31-2007, 04:15 PM
all4one, you are correct, except I think it is was a bit more of a stench than a mere oder.

When Matt asked his question yesterday (11:44 AM Eastern), I had been trying to find an answer to the same question myself on behalf of my elderly mom and dad who live in Orlando and were excited about knowing whether the blimp had indeed launched nearly 2 hours prior as posted on the blimp website schedule and according to the scant indications on all of the threads here from Minister of Blimp-communications Mckarnin.

One would think that if one wanted to gain the confidence of old people in Florida who were really excited about possibly adjusting their schedules to chase the RP blimp, that the blimp-ocracy would at least have somebody posting updates to someplace (here, the blimp blog, rp radio) saying something like, "Yeah, I know we said the fog was supposed to lift at 10:00 and we'd launch then, but there's more fog" or "Captain Ahab is growling and already drunk, so we might not make it out today".

So, all I could tell my parents who were asking me to find out if the blimp had launched or would possibly launch yesterday morning was that I told the blimp management the same thing that my parents used to tell me when I was young and sorely lacking in considerately communicating to my mom and dad when they were worried about where and what on earth I was doing and only called them when I needed money:

"Write when you find work!"