PDA

View Full Version : How Many And Who Exactly Left?

rational thinker
12-30-2007, 07:08 AM
Okay, I know that James1844 left, but did anyone else? Also, do you think that anyone else not on these forums, like regular supporters, leave because of the evolution and student visa "problems." I find them to be one of the stupidest things to leave over, but I was just wondering and need to know.

Oliver
12-30-2007, 07:09 AM
anyone else?

no, at least not that I know.

Dave Pedersen
12-30-2007, 07:12 AM
Where can they go? To a perfect candidate? One man cannot please everyone in every way. What the hell do they expect?

Luft97
12-30-2007, 07:14 AM
Don't worry about who left, think about who you can replace them with..

If they left over something as silly as those two issues you think they have what it takes to really stick with us when it really gets nasty? I think not..

rational thinker
12-30-2007, 07:15 AM
Yeah, I know that they cannot leave to anyone better, but they really are being dumbasses. How does that happen?

user
12-30-2007, 07:17 AM
Where can they go? To a perfect candidate? One man cannot please everyone in every way. What the hell do they expect?
They could "go" to supporting no one. Just saying.

If you found out that a candidate you support holds a position you're against, isn't it possible that you'd be less enthusiastic about their candidacy?

coboman
12-30-2007, 07:18 AM
It will pass. I think everyone will come back once they have time to digest it.

Like with the abortion issue at the beginning of the infommercial.

It was just too many things together: The stand on evolution, making a new divisive ad, asking for a new huge amount of money, the paranoid/aggressive attitude in the forums...

When things finally settle we will all remember why we are here. To save the USA from financial doom, to get back our freedoms, and let the world live in peace.
Those are more important, heavier issues, that will surface once again when these smaller things pass.

Ron Paul Fan
12-30-2007, 07:22 AM
Some people just didn't know his positions on some issues. Instead of leaving quietly, they were trolls and made a big ruckus. These people are small and number and aren't really anything to worry about. They wanted to force their goodness on Ron Paul like the neo-cons preach. They wanted others to follow them out the door, but what they don't realize is that we're stronger than that. They will not win!!!!!!!

walt
12-30-2007, 07:26 AM
hey at least the MSM can no longer claim this campaign has terrorists on student visas working for it!!! :) Looks like we got rid of them. :)

Paulbot_9876
12-30-2007, 07:27 AM
some people can't handle the truth when it is being told.... you can't handle the truth....mwaahaahaahaaa again,we are a country with laws within our borders....this is our country....we secure our borders we secure all our borders entrances....if students are known to be from a country that has constant terrorists attacks on others....do you want them to come here to roam freely without knowing if they are innocent or if they want to do us harm??? i think it is a great idea.... i don't think they should have visas to roam freely in our country...do you????does anyone?????our laws do not apply to foreigners....they do not have the same rights as ours.....if you think they should...you are wrong people...

fireworks_god
12-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Let the morons leave. They are too stupid to realize that Ron Paul has to emphasize aspects of himself that Iowans will identify with. I'm not aware of what went down with the evolution piece, but is it entirely irrelevant? Yes! - Duh.

The student visas for terrorist nations is something different, because it does actually pertain to policy. We simply don't have enough information regarding that one line in the advertisement to flip out. Even if it were intended policy, its certainly not very relevant in the grand scheme of things.

The harsh reality that we all need to realize is that we are capable of doing some amazing things on our own, but to take on 24 states at once and raise $23 million in order to do it is beyond our capability, but what IS within our capabilities is to bring the people around us in. Clearly the official campaign is reaching out as well, and not in a manner that compromises who Ron Paul is and what he stands for.

user
12-30-2007, 07:30 AM
It will pass. I think everyone will come back once they have time to digest it.

Like with the abortion issue at the beginning of the infommercial.

It was just too many things together: The stand on evolution, making a new divisive ad, asking for a new huge amount of money, the paranoid/aggressive attitude in the forums...

When things finally settle we will all remember why we are here. To save the USA from financial doom, to get back our freedoms, and let the world live in peace.
Those are more important, heavier issues, that will surface once again when these smaller things pass.
Interesting post, I agree that all of that was too much for some people and most if not all will return with a new perspective. I think one of the reasons I'm still here is that I knew from the beginning that there were some positions I wasn't crazy about. Maybe some of my fellow supporters came in with a lot of enthusiasm, and couldn't help but feel disappointed.

european
12-30-2007, 07:44 AM
As I stated before, I felt offended by that line because I have friends comming from those socalled terrorist states but I stay here and will only step up in my efforts in getting RP elected! We need to stay realistic about this and understand the world today. We all know what RP stands for and that should be sufficient. We shouldn't highlight single issues that he says, besides he didn't say it himself :p (thats me looking for the bright side of things) ;)
Anyways, enough time wasted on this non-issue... let me get back trying to find donors. later _o/

WilliamC
12-30-2007, 08:07 AM
People are free to support or not support whomever they wish, if some want to abandon Ron Paul because of this so be it. If you are one of them just please don't lie about his positions, read some of the bills he's introduced in Congress and don't just go by a 30 second political ad aimed at Iowa.

For all the things the Federal Government does that it shouldn't, regulating immigration is one of the Constitutional things it should do.

Remember the preamble?

"We the People, of the United States..."

America should not allow any and everyone in the world to immigrate here, it would bankrupt us as sure as our current foreign policy is doing.

Shellshock1918
12-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Can someone please tell me what the F**K evolution has to do with the 2008 campaign? Is that the party's platform now? JEez, get over it!

thuja
12-30-2007, 09:20 AM
i will always support Dr Paul! i want all my rights back, including my property rights and my feedom to eat actual real food, and to take care of my health as i choose, with so called alternative health care, and food supplements if i wish to use them. Dr Paul is going to repair the problems concerning these issues, and others.

i just want inspiring, stylish ads..

rational thinker
12-30-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm afraid that the evolution thing might hurt him. This is really getting annoying. These fucking liberals are always nitpicking the tiniest things like the Civil War, evolution, and etc. that have no basis in the 2008 platform. FUCK THEM!

Real_CaGeD
12-30-2007, 09:26 AM
This is the Republican primary.

Ozwest
12-30-2007, 09:31 AM
fireworks__god,

If we place in the top thre in both Iowa and New Hampshire, we'll get that 23 million.

Wait and see.:)

RonPaulCult
12-30-2007, 09:54 AM
Well if they left they aren't going to answer this thread are they :)

Look - I doubt anybody got hit by the ad in a more personal way than I did. There is about a 90% chance I will be bringing in a girl from a "terrorist state" on a fiance visa in the next year and I am scared to death my liberty will be denied by the giant evil federal government.

With that said I am STILL very much behind Dr. Paul and evern as I was getting sick as I watched the ad in the back of my mind I was like "oh shit this will bring in Iowa voters!"

Adamsa
12-30-2007, 10:05 AM
This is the Republican primary.

+100

Jodi
12-30-2007, 10:14 AM
some people can't handle the truth when it is being told.... you can't handle the truth....mwaahaahaahaaa again,we are a country with laws within our borders....this is our country....we secure our borders we secure all our borders entrances....if students are known to be from a country that has constant terrorists attacks on others....do you want them to come here to roam freely without knowing if they are innocent or if they want to do us harm??? i think it is a great idea.... i don't think they should have visas to roam freely in our country...do you????does anyone?????our laws do not apply to foreigners....they do not have the same rights as ours.....if you think they should...you are wrong people...

The safety of our country does not need the humanitarian leaning to it, its about safety and defense.

Kingfisher
12-30-2007, 11:53 AM
R.P. might have a few positions we dont all agree with. But we dont even know the true positions of most of the others. THEY LIE!!!......Im sticking with the honest man. The true conservative.

fortilite
12-30-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm against his stance on abortion but I'm not gonna act like a baby about it. It's just 1 issue out of 20 or 30 major issues. You'll never agree 100% with any candidate.

JimDude
12-30-2007, 11:57 AM
yus, I thik andrew sullivan left. http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2007/12/ron-pauls-evolu.html

allyinoh
12-30-2007, 11:58 AM
The whole student visa thing is retarded. If you are going to leave over that, you have serious issues.

Did the person or persons who left do any research on student visas? Did they realize that the hijackers of 9/11 were here on EXPIRED VISAS?

A friend of mine has a friend who was here on a student visa. It expired over 5 years ago and he's still here! Can anyone seriously say student visa's aren't an issue?

ETA:
Abortion and evolution are not serious issues. Those are personal religious beliefs that should not matter. I thought we wanted to protect each persons religious beliefs even if they differ from our own? I think the people who are "leaving" were truly not supporters to begin with.

I mean, I support the death penalty but Ron Paul doesn't.. I guess I'll just not support him. See how stupid that sounds?!

nist7
12-30-2007, 12:04 PM

I'd like to know who they think is a BETTER candidate than Ron Paul.

Or maybe they are waiting for that perfect 10 candidate? :o

tropicangela
12-30-2007, 12:11 PM
They won't find what they are looking for out there, and if they do it will be a lie.

allyinoh
12-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Well if they left they aren't going to answer this thread are they :)

Look - I doubt anybody got hit by the ad in a more personal way than I did. There is about a 90% chance I will be bringing in a girl from a "terrorist state" on a fiance visa in the next year and I am scared to death my liberty will be denied by the giant evil federal government.

With that said I am STILL very much behind Dr. Paul and evern as I was getting sick as I watched the ad in the back of my mind I was like "oh shit this will bring in Iowa voters!"

You shouldn't assume that certain countries would be included. Also, you say in the next year. Ron Paul wouldn't take office until 2009 so your girl would be fine.

I think people are really overreacting.

rational thinker
12-30-2007, 12:22 PM
I know for a fact that the evolution issue has caused Ron to lose an insane amount of supporters. The question is, however, will that reflect in Iowa?

Gorgy
12-30-2007, 12:43 PM
I wish people would understand that a Ron Paul presidency means they actually have an opportunity to work with their representatives to get their policies implemented. Right now, the president has taken over the place of the people by having the single most coercive impact on Congress. Ron Paul is not about that at all, and it would put power back into the hands of the people.

Student visas are the domain of the Congress, not the president. Evolution is irrelevant to executive implementation of federal law, so I can't see how a thinking person could care one way or the other on that. Yes, the argument might be made that it shows a lack of judgment if a person believes or doesn't believe in evolution...but when all is said and done, a real president won't refuse to carry out his duties for evolutionary concerns. These people need to get a grip and be thankful that a statesman like Paul will give us OUR country back.

apc3161
12-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Don't worry about who left, think about who you can replace them with..

Few people who already support Ron Paul, while very disappointed, won't leave. Right now, I fall into this category. However, this may prevent a lot of people from joining up.

With regard to evolution, is it directly applicable to 2008 presidency? No. But this is a situation where you have a man who believes something contrary to all the evidence against it. If he can do this with respect to Evolution, what else might he take this stand with? That is a scary prospect for the leader of the worlds most powerful country and I will definitely have to take that into consideration. You want people to make decisions based on the evidence, not based on their beliefs, and you also want people who can change their beliefs when the evidence builds up to prove them wrong.

With regard to axing student visas to students from certain countries, I can't stand that view, feel it is contrary to so many other views, and this makes me less enthusiastic.

So while these two issues aren't enough to make me leave, if some other stuff was to come out, I might have to consider it. And I'm sure just these two issues a lone are enough to make a lot of people not join the campaign.

tamor
12-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Change is needed- change is coming - with change comes fear - individuals generally do not like change even when it is a good thing - we need to be understanding