PDA

View Full Version : Ed Failor Jr JUMPING SHIP from McCain's Campaign

Mani
07-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Remember the guy who refused to let Ron Paul attend the Presidential forum in Iowa??? Well he's jumped McCain's ship! LOL!

Somebody call him up and ask him....NOW WHO'S A CREDIBLE CANDIDATE! Where you going to draw the line NOW????

McCain Loses Two Iowa Strategists

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Two veteran Republican strategists are abandoning John McCain's campaign in Iowa, dealing another blow to his struggling presidential bid.

Ed Failor Jr., said Thursday that he and Karen Slifka plan to notify McCain by letter. Both are GOP operatives with deep ties in Iowa, which holds the first-in-the-nation caucuses, and national politics.

"As much as I like Senator McCain, it's not a team I'm willing to stay involved with any longer," Failor said.

Failor ran the field operation for President Bush's campaign in the state in 2004, assembling a deep campaign organization that energized social and religious conservatives. Bush narrowly won the state, the first time since 1984 that a Republican had prevailed in Iowa in the general election.

Failor also works for Iowans for Tax Relief, a conservative group that runs the state's largest political action committee.

Slifka came to the McCain campaign from her role as a strategist for the Republican National Committee.

Both had close ties to Terry Nelson, who served as McCain's campaign manager until his departure this week.

The defections are the latest sign of trouble for McCain in Iowa.

Jeff Lamberti, a former GOP legislative leader who is a co-chairman of McCain's Iowa campaign, said staff cuts in the state and the loss of major strategists is a blow.

"I'm not hearing a whole lot, to be honest," said Lamberti. "It definitely is tougher in Iowa. You need to be here, you need to have people on the ground."

When he sought the nomination in 2000, McCain skipped the Iowa caucuses to focus on the New Hampshire primary. There's no sign he'll make a similar decision this time, but even McCain's supporters concede he's in a difficult position.

"If you reduce the staff, you need to have the senator out here more often, rather than less often," said David Roederer, a veteran operative heading up McCain's Iowa operation. "I believe they understand that."

Roederer was on a conference call with McCain earlier in the week to discuss strategy.

"What he said was we're going to move as aggressively as we can in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina," said Roederer, referring to the states holding the first three tests of strength.

Still, some wondered whether McCain could get backers out on caucus night, in the dead of winter, to argue politics. The caucuses are scheduled for Jan. 14.

"It's boots on the ground and they had that and they were going rather well, I thought, this winter and spring," said Chuck Laudner, executive director of the Republican Party of Iowa. "It just evaporated overnight on them."

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8QB5VLO0&show_article=1

BTW,
I was joking about calling him.

aravoth
07-12-2007, 12:20 PM
priceless

DjLoTi
07-12-2007, 12:22 PM
This is why politics are so much more entertaining then anything on television.

Also why I stopped watching TV years ago... and also why I know RP is the best for our country ;)

BLS
07-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Considering he has a high position in a Tax Payers group, wouldn't it be wise to get his SUPPORT onto Ron Paul now?

Lesgov
07-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Too bad he's leaving, he was probably doing more harm than good for McCain's campaign.

Mani
07-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Considering he has a high position in a Tax Payers group, wouldn't it be wise to get his SUPPORT onto Ron Paul now?

My guess is, HE HATES RON PAUL. I'm sure he has nightmares about him. The Radio talk show person made a fool of Ed on the air because of his refusal to let Dr. Paul into the forum, I highly doubt he'd be an enthusiastic supporter.

graystar
07-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Chameleon - I bet he is waiting for the Fred Thomson crowd to jump on board.

quickmike
07-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Im pretty twisted, but listen to the audio of this youtube video, dont mind the video just close your eyes, and think of the RP supporters as Cartman, and the crying kid as Failor and you will understand what im feeling right now:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60IKlyAnhtk

Bruehound
I suspect Mr. Failure will latch on to anyone dangling a paycheck.

WannaBfree
lol. What a great ending to the story! You know this whole Iowans For Tax Relief saga would make a really great story for TV. I wonder why no one in MSM has thought of that :rolleyes:. This would be a great subject for a youtube videomaker.

quickmike
07-12-2007, 12:49 PM
poetic justice at its finest my friends!!

nullvalu
07-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Im pretty twisted, but listen to the audio of this youtube video, dont mind the video just close your eyes, and think of the RP supporters as Cartman, and the crying kid as Failor and you will understand what im feeling right now:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60IKlyAnhtk

LMAO .. the south park writers have something about people preying on the tears of others.. they did something similair in the "Pip" episode. (great expectations spoof)

DeadheadForPaul
07-12-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm surprised he was on the McCain campaign. You would have thought that he was a Rudy fan

I find it highly unlikely that Mr. Failor will support Paul. He hates us because he was embarrassed by us. I'm willing to bet that a small minority of RP supporters also were not too nice to him

Mani
07-12-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm surprised he was on the McCain campaign. You would have thought that he was a Rudy fan

I find it highly unlikely that Mr. Failor will support Paul. He hates us because he was embarrassed by us. I'm willing to bet that a small minority of RP supporters also were not too nice to him

I wouldn't even want him as a supporter. We are looking for honest people with integrity.....Failor does not belong in the same sentence as those 2 words.

Bergie Bergeron
07-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Someone in the facebook group cordially invited him to be a Ron Paul supporter (he knows his son pretty well)

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-12-2007, 01:20 PM
One blessing we have had on Ed Failor is that now when you google his name, you get a bunch of hits about "blowback" such as this one: Digg - Operation Blowback: Des Moines (or Ed Failor is a Closet Ron Paul supporter) Video ~ Operation Blowback: Des Moines *Have you thanked Ed Failor yet today?*
And how Failor was outed as a McCain supporter. He's been forever tainted on the interwebs. :D

quickmike
07-12-2007, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't even want him as a supporter. We are looking for honest people with integrity.....Failor does not belong in the same sentence as those 2 words.

Lets say hypotheticaly that failor did start supporting RP, the best thing Ron could do would be to accept him and say something like "hey, everyone makes mistakes, and everyone should have a chance to change and do the right thing." something like that. It would show that the RP campaign has a big tent, and that might let more neo-cons "leave the darkside" without feeling humiliated about it. Remember, we need everyone on our side we can get, even the ones who were wrong and may have changed their ways. Are you going to tell a disgruntled Bush supporter "we dont want your kind here"?......... not me. I would say "welcome aboard, its good to have you"

LibertyOrDie
07-12-2007, 01:35 PM
I can't help but smile when I read this!

shrugged0106
07-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Lets say hypotheticaly that failor did start supporting RP, the best thing Ron could do would be to accept him and say something like "hey, everyone makes mistakes, and everyone should have a chance to change and do the right thing." something like that. It would show that the RP campaign has a big tent, and that might let more neo-cons "leave the darkside" without feeling humiliated about it. Remember, we need everyone on our side we can get, even the ones who were wrong and may have changed their ways. Are you going to tell a disgruntled Bush supporter "we dont want your kind here"?......... not me. I would say "welcome aboard, its good to have you"

QFT!!! couldnt agree more

shrugged0106
07-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Someone in the facebook group cordially invited him to be a Ron Paul supporter (he knows his son pretty well)

what was the response?

Mani
07-12-2007, 01:42 PM

Good point, I agree we should have open arms to neo-cons who finally see the light. Hypothetically sure maybe Ed has a change of heart, in reality I don't see it happening. Regardless it's currently quite fun to watch.:D

quickmike
07-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Good point, I agree we should have open arms to neo-cons who finally see the light. Hypothetically sure maybe Ed has a change of heart, in reality I don't see it happening. Regardless it's currently quite fun to watch.:D

I agree with ya there.......... highly unlikely.

sandersondavis
07-12-2007, 01:53 PM

I think we burned that bridge.

Bob Cochran
07-12-2007, 01:54 PM
I suspect Mr. Failure will latch on to anyone dangling a paycheck.
Does it make sense that he didn't invite Ron Paul to the tax relief forum at the behest of John McCain? It does to me.

sandersondavis
07-12-2007, 01:56 PM

My standards are not so high. Anyone who supports RP is my friend. I don't give a flying flip why they support him.

rg123
07-12-2007, 01:57 PM
I think ed will be supporting Fred soon He will be the major competition for Ron
the gop is not going to back Rudy in the end he's to liberal and has to much baggage and Mitt cant buy an election in the end he will get tired of tossing his dollars away it will be Fred.

remaxjon
07-12-2007, 01:58 PM
I agree with ya there.......... highly unlikely.

In fact its never going to happen and Iowans for tax relief will do everything in there power to stop Dr Paul. If you go the there website they recap the forum and make a point to say All credible Democrat and Republican Presidential candidates were invited. They are a joke. They will owe Dr Paul an apology on Aug 11

angelatc
07-12-2007, 02:06 PM

Can he be trusted to provide "credible" support?

I wish he would apologize and come to the Ron Paul camp. It would speak volumes about how contagious the revolution can be.

LibertyEagle
07-12-2007, 02:41 PM
This is how we bring this to a happy ending.

Join Operation Spooner, which is the phoning brigade attempting to reach Iowa voters RIGHT NOW.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=6196

and/or Operation Groundswell, a door-to-door campaign in Iowa.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=6694

Attend the Iowa straw poll even if you're not from Iowa. The Ron Paul campaign is asking for us to attend and help out.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=6867

CurtisLow
07-12-2007, 02:41 PM
What comes around, goes around.... Bye Mr. Ed!

buffalokid777
07-12-2007, 03:08 PM
I think ed will be supporting Fred soon He will be the major competition for Ron
the gop is not going to back Rudy in the end he's to liberal and has to much baggage and Mitt cant buy an election in the end he will get tired of tossing his dollars away it will be Fred.

I really don't know if Thompson is gonna announce as each day passes.

He's battling cancer and I think if it's not going well that may be why he hasn't announced.

torchbearer
07-12-2007, 03:11 PM

He's battling cancer and I think if it's not going well that may be why he hasn't announced.

PLus you have the whole nixon whitehouse spy thing too.

Dave
07-12-2007, 03:12 PM

I bet he'll announce after the Ames Straw Poll. That way he doesn't offend Iowans by 'skipping it' like McCain and Giuliani.

SeanEdwards
07-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Man I almost feel sorry for Failor. The guy is just trying to be a little Republican party operative, then he gets publicly exposed and humiliated while trying to derail the Paul train. Now he comes out and admits that he was wrong to support McCain. What a pathetic spectacle. The poor shmuck is probably near a nervous breakdown. He was already sounding hysterical in radio interviews before the tax forum. Get that guy some xanax quick. :D

torchbearer
07-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Man I almost feel sorry for Failor. The guy is just trying to be a little Republican party operative, then he gets publicly exposed and humiliated while trying to derail the Paul train. Now he comes out and admits that he was wrong to support McCain. What a pathetic spectacle. The poor shmuck is probably near a nervous breakdown. He was already sounding hysterical in radio interviews before the tax forum. Get that guy some xanax quick. :D

get me some too...

Mani
07-12-2007, 03:55 PM

That Radio talk show person in Iowa was great, I wonder if he has been talking about this subject, I'd love to hear his reaction.