PDA

View Full Version : I've been gone for 2 days....what did I miss?

BLS
12-30-2007, 03:28 AM
I see there's a new ad on immigration. I like it.

davidhperry
12-30-2007, 03:29 AM

Nothing - it's been pretty quiet around here.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-30-2007, 03:30 AM
Check out Hope Anthem...

Hook
Oh great... Here we go again. :D

Aparently, 25% of the grassroots are throwing in the towel over the "student visa" line in the ad.

shoms_w
lol

Joe3113
12-30-2007, 03:31 AM

:D

BLS
12-30-2007, 03:31 AM
Oh great... Here we go again. :D

Aparently, 25% of the grassroots are throwing in the towel over the "student visa" line in the ad.

You gotta be shittin me......

wildflower
12-30-2007, 03:32 AM

:D lol!

quantized

campaign just put out a notice. They want another 23million ASAP.

BLS

So is that what all these freaking threads are about? I mean...seriously..

They're THAT pissed off because of the ad?

BLS
12-30-2007, 03:33 AM
campaign just put out a notice. They want another 23million ASAP.

I just read that. Wow....that's gonna be tough.
We need more supporters. I'm close to maxed out.

Hook
12-30-2007, 03:34 AM

I guess so. I really don't care about immigration one way or the other, but some people really are pissed.

James1844 quit over it. Said he is going to support Obama. I guess in his moral calculus killing hundreds of thousands of Pakistanis a la Obama is much better than denying some student visas to people from Saudi Arabia.

inibo
12-30-2007, 03:34 AM

:D

Gee willikers, I love this place.

quantized
12-30-2007, 03:35 AM
I just read that. Wow....that's gonna be tough.
We need more supporters. I'm close to maxed out.

we prob need another massive money bomb. some suggesting the day to be B. Franklin birthday.

DirtMcGirt
12-30-2007, 03:37 AM
The blimp needs funds by tomorrow... their blog is very good now...

BLS
12-30-2007, 03:39 AM
I guess so. I really don't care about immigration one way or the other, but some people really are pissed.

James1844 quit over it. Said he is going to support Obama. I guess in his moral calculus killing hundreds of thousands of Pakistanis a la Obama is much better than denying some student visas to people from Saudi Arabia.

If someone quits and goes to support Obama, my thought is don't let the door hit in ya in the ass on the way out.

He's obviously a troll or just ignorant...so good riddance either way.

european
12-30-2007, 03:39 AM

didnt miss much..... oh, i almost forgot, we need to raise another $23M in 6 weeks time. But thats about it I guess.... you can start by signing up at www.ronpaulspayday.com to pledge a small amount of money weekly. Also you can direct your friends to there.
And then there will be a huge moneybomb also later on, but we have to spread this a bit, because we can't take the risk for 1 day only. Need to start gathering money ASAP!!!!! and thats all that happened.

and how was your christmas? did you do anything nice?

einjun
12-30-2007, 03:41 AM

James1844 will come back :-)

Just Come Home
12-30-2007, 03:43 AM
The Payday for Paul fundraiser turned out to be kind of a bust. Dr. Paul sent out an email saying he's going to need more funds for a post February 5th strategy... We need to have another big day! There's a mini bomb on Monday, but we need to gear up for another big one:

http://www.freeatlast2008.com

ThePieSwindler
12-30-2007, 03:44 AM

Yeah, that and his agnostic stance on evolution too, apparently :rolleyes:

Bryan
12-30-2007, 03:47 AM

:D LOL! Thanks David....

Yeah- it's like, what hasn't happened! :eek:

Bradley in DC
12-30-2007, 03:51 AM
If someone quits and goes to support Obama, my thought is don't let the door hit in ya in the ass on the way out.

He's obviously a troll or just ignorant...so good riddance either way.

James is not a troll--he was a founding member of our Meetup, switched parties to vote for Dr. Paul (helped us recruit others), became a delegate candidate in DC, took the lead organizing others to circulate ballot petitions after I told McHugh to f*ck off, volunteered at HQ (which would earn hazard pay in the military for dealing with that crowd), donated money he couldn't really afford to give, was one of a half dozen who helped us for six months prepare for our Get Out The Vote drive for election day, and, heck, he put up with me in person for all of these many months! :D

That kind of attitude of alienating and belittling people is how we lose.:(

I hope HQ admits their mistake with the ad, fires those responsible and James (and many others) come back or stay despite all of this unpleasantness.

BLS
12-30-2007, 03:56 AM
James is not a troll--he was a founding member of our Meetup, switched parties to vote for Dr. Paul (helped us recruit others), became a delegate candidate in DC, took the lead organizing others to circulate ballot petitions after I told McHugh to f*ck off, volunteered at HQ (which would earn hazard pay in the military for dealing with that crowd), donated money he couldn't really afford to give, was one of a half dozen who helped us for six months prepare for our Get Out The Vote drive for election day, and, heck, he put up with me in person for all of these many months! :D

I hope HQ admits their mistake with the ad, fires those responsible and James (and many others) come back or stay despite all of this unpleasantness.

With all due respect, I completely disagree.
Quitting a campaign because of ONE issue is complete BS.

angrydragon
12-30-2007, 03:56 AM
James will be back.

user
12-30-2007, 04:01 AM

The insulting responses in that thread were just sad.

DirtMcGirt
12-30-2007, 04:06 AM
These are anxious times around here... let's remain confident because we are now a force to be reckoned with.... for all those who were here from day one like Bradley DC I thank you... let's make these next six weeks memorable!!!

RP08

ThePieSwindler
12-30-2007, 04:10 AM
Also, lets make sure we welcome back the prodigal sons with open arms. Till then, keep on working harder.

literatim
12-30-2007, 04:14 AM
With all due respect, I completely disagree.
Quitting a campaign because of ONE issue is complete BS.

I agree. Anyone quitting like James did deserves zero respect.

Hook
12-30-2007, 04:23 AM
I agree. Anyone quitting like James did deserves zero respect.

Some people are more excitable than others. Any loss of supporters is bad.
Hopfully he will realize that Dr. Paul is still the best candidate after a few beers to calm him down.

Bradley in DC
12-30-2007, 04:24 AM
This was the calm before the storm(s):
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=67776

krzee
12-30-2007, 04:35 AM
What people like james need to understand is that it is the campaign messing up, not Ron Paul. The Campaign has messed up in quite a few ways, but I refuse to hold that against Ron Paul. He is still the only hope imho

literatim
12-30-2007, 04:35 AM
Some people are more excitable than others. Any loss of supporters is bad.
Hopfully he will realize that Dr. Paul is still the best candidate after a few beers to calm him down.

He complained about Ron Paul agnostic stance towards evolution. I mean, since when did science become a cult that decides who you vote for?

Hook
12-30-2007, 04:37 AM
He complained about Ron Paul agnostic stance towards evolution. I mean, since when did science become a cult that decides who you vote for?

That I can't make excuses for. Seems petty to me. And I'm agnostic and belive fully in evolution.

BLS
12-30-2007, 04:39 AM
I honestly DON'T care what RP thinks about Evolution.

For the life of me...I cannot understand why this issue is even important.

user
12-30-2007, 04:40 AM
What people like james need to understand is that it is the campaign messing up, not Ron Paul. The Campaign has messed up in quite a few ways, but I refuse to hold that against Ron Paul. He is still the only hope imho
That may be true, but to be fair RP did approve the message.

Bradley in DC
12-30-2007, 04:41 AM

Yes, trust me, he's here, he understands that. The reaction on the forum may have been the part that was too much. :(

user

It could be important for an evaluation of judgment skills: h ttp://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2007/12/ron-pauls-evolu.html

Bradley in DC
That may be true, but to be fair RP did approve the message.

Do you KNOW that?

user
12-30-2007, 04:48 AM
Do you KNOW that?
Well, that is what the ad says. If you're implying that somebody put that in the ad without RP's approval, I'd say somebody needs to be fired if that's the case.

Hook
12-30-2007, 04:51 AM
Do you KNOW that?

I would certainly hope that Ron signs off on any ads that go out. That would be crazy not to.

Revolution9
12-30-2007, 06:46 AM

It is an orthodoxy test. Entirely useless but some kind of bellweather to determine Bobsy twins status betwixt you and you chosen candidate.

You cannot prove evolution as it is parsed to me. There are too many gaps in the record. there are too many lifeforms that seem to have spontaneously arose and there does seem to be evidence in the human genome of tampering. If tampered with then evolution is not an answer as to how we got to the state we are as a living creature today.

best regards
Randy