PDA

View Full Version : Marching suggestion

Ronpauladin
12-30-2007, 02:32 AM
I said this in chat, but I figure it's best to be said in the forums so that everyone has a chance to see it.

I suggest we have lettucebfree at the front of the train. Then we do an alphabetical ordering. Auto follow the RP guildy in front of you.

To see the alphabetical listing:
1) open your social pane (press "O"),
2) select the guild tab, uncheck show offline so that you only see those that are online,
3) Click on "Name" up top to sort the list according to name

To follow the person you're supposed to follow, type /target "name" (no quotes).

For example: /target Ronpauladin

Then type /follow

You could simply type /follow Ronpauladin, but it's better to target first to make sure you're following the right person.

You can also create a macro that does both of those and you can use that macro when the time comes. To create a macro, press ESC, select Macros, press New, give the macro a name (like MarchFollow), select any icon, press Okay, type the two commands above. Now, drag the Icon to one of your toolbar spaces and click it when the time comes.

I hope this helps and I hope it's something we can adopt for an easy way to march.

I don't know if we're going to be walking or running, that's up to the GM.

ClockwiseSpark
12-30-2007, 02:54 AM
I said this in chat, but I figure it's best to be said in the forums so that everyone has a chance to see it.

I suggest we have lettucebfree at the front of the train. Then we do an alphabetical ordering. Auto follow the RP guildy in front of you.

To see the alphabetical listing:
1) open your social pane (press "O"),
2) select the guild tab, uncheck show offline so that you only see those that are online,
3) Click on "Name" up top to sort the list according to name

To follow the person you're supposed to follow, type /target "name" (no quotes).

For example: /target Ronpauladin

Then type /follow

You could simply type /follow Ronpauladin, but it's better to target first to make sure you're following the right person.

You can also create a macro that does both of those and you can use that macro when the time comes. To create a macro, press ESC, select Macros, press New, give the macro a name (like MarchFollow), select any icon, press Okay, type the two commands above. Now, drag the Icon to one of your toolbar spaces and click it when the time comes.

I hope this helps and I hope it's something we can adopt for an easy way to march.

I don't know if we're going to be walking or running, that's up to the GM.

This is a good idea though it may be difficult to pull off with over a hundred people. We'll have to see how everything comes together once everyone starts to show up.