PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul in Michigan and the Military

Ares550
12-30-2007, 02:31 AM
A story of my day and the spreading of Ron Paul's message..

I just got back from visiting my cousin in Detroit, hes shipping out to iraq in a couple of months with the marines so I wanted to see him and hang out.

heres some of the people I talked to and what they thought about RP

My 69yr old uncle, ex navy, full of piss and viniger non-PC kinda guy-When it was mentioned I was supporting RP he immediately shook my hand and told me he'd be the greatest thing for our country.

My cousins dad, hard working middle aged- say hes sick of our rights being taken away, and sick of the taxes, he says and RP is the only guy he sees that can change things.

My aunt-completly agrees with my uncle about taxes and rights.

My cousin-Never heard of RP, I sent him some info ;)

SO AFTER talking to family, I went and hung out with some marine guys, 1 was my cousins recruiter, and 3 others were older guys probably in their 40's and 50's who were ex marine.

EVERYONE except the recruiter supported and loved RP, he supported Thompson (lol).

ALL in all, I was happy to see RP love from the military and some people who wernt from the younger computer savvy crowd. And I would like to mention RP was brought up every time without me saying anything, so :D

me3
12-30-2007, 02:34 AM
Great job!

Make sure you follow up with them next week, get them to vote in the primary. <=== VERY IMPORTANT!!

Support is wonderful, votes are everything. Have them bring some friends and neighbors along too.

If each RP supporter starting today can find 3 more guaranteed voters, we can win this thing easily.

DaneKirk
12-30-2007, 03:32 AM
Those of us in the Military that actually spend time out here in the middle east are I think very receptive to his message, as well as vets. No surprise to me that they took his message well. I have converted people over here in my Squadron, thats the best I can do for now.

usmcZ
12-30-2007, 03:40 AM
Yep, military members support RP more than anyone else, if they actually pay attention to politics.

Funny story, at Christmas dinner, my cousin who is a pilot for Continental Airlines brought up RP out of the blue talking about how great he is, and how strong his grassroots support are, and all I could do was smile knowing that myself and my brother (both active RP supporters) were sitting there hearing this. I was impressed that somehow he got the message and knew about the RP black out. Our other cousin, who is also military & veteran supports him as well.

DirtMcGirt
12-30-2007, 03:42 AM
check the endorsement board on official RP2008 page, the military list is growing by the hour...

markderidder
12-30-2007, 09:05 AM
I live here in Michigan and I think there is a very strong support for Ron Paul here. And with Democrats at a loss for the Michigan OPEN Primary (no delegates, half the candidates on the ballot), I am convincing my friends and family who are liberal, to vote for Paul. Some have agreed, some are considering.

It's all a matter of informing people. Unfortunately the local media is not spreading the democrat delegate news, nor pumping the date of the primary here in Michigan because it's been so screwed up! No one seems to be aware. I'm trying though!

It could be very interesting on the 15th!

-Mark

hellah10
12-30-2007, 09:07 AM
I live here in Michigan

Im sure Granholm has put a bad taste in democratic mouths - advantage... us :)

pcosmar
12-30-2007, 10:42 AM
A bump for Michigan looking good,
There are many in my area that are looking at him favorably.
I am optimistic that there are more than anybody knows.
About two weeks, we will know.:)

Eponym_mi
12-30-2007, 10:46 AM
I went door to door 120 houses in West MI with lit yesterday. People are definitely interested in RP and not happy with the other choices. Still, Romney is running a LOT of ads here. RP needs to start advertising here NOW. If nothing is clear out of IA or NH, I think MI is going to be make or break for the campaign.

bobmurph
12-30-2007, 10:54 AM
I just got back from MI a few days ago after being at home for Christmas. I was VERY impressed with the canvassing of signs and freeway banners. I talked to a lot of friends, family, and old acquaintances about RP while I was there. The thing that surprised me most was that most people knew who RP was, however, many were very misinformed on his policies. One friend told me he didn't like RP becuase he was "too protectionist"...that was amusing. The grassroots is doing a good job by increasing name recognition w/ sign canvassing, but we need to get the message out more.