PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul TV Ad: Immigration(AWESOME!!!)

qwerty
12-30-2007, 01:58 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2T-iJKwskH4

Honors for This Video:
#5 - Most Discussed (Today)
#1 - Most Discussed (Today) - News & Politics
#33 - Most Responded (Today)
#68 - Most Viewed (Today)
#10 - Most Viewed (Today) - News & Politics
#96 - Most Viewed (This Week) - News & Politics
#17 - Top Favorites (Today)
#1 - Top Favorites (Today) - News & Politics
#6 - Top Rated (Today)
#1 - Top Rated (Today) - News & Politics
#63 - Top Rated (This Week)
#15 - Top Rated (This Week) - News & Politics

AWESOME!!!

Karsten
12-30-2007, 02:28 AM
I agree. This ad rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0zzy
12-30-2007, 02:30 AM
Apparently, judging from the board's reaction, a lot of people will be upset. I'm a bit concerned, kinda, sorta. I mean, how many will we lose/potentially lose and how many will we gain with the ad? I don't think this should be run in NH, at least not with the "terrorist nation" thing. I thought it was a decent ad, but now people are very upset.

Well, to be honest, I first saw the ad and laughed my ass off cause I thought it was going to offend people so badly. Then I showed my dad and he said he liked it, and it relieved my worries. Then I checked RonPaulForums.com

austin356
12-30-2007, 02:32 AM
Apparently, judging from the board's reaction, a lot of people will be upset. I'm a bit concerned, kinda, sorta. I mean, how many will we lose/potentially lose and how many will we gain with the ad? I don't think this should be run in NH, at least not with the "terrorist nation" thing. I thought it was a decent ad, but now people are very upset.

Well, to be honest, I first saw the ad and laughed my ass off cause I thought it was going to offend people so badly. Then I showed my dad and he said he liked it, and it relieved my worries. Then I checked RonPaulForums.com

fuck Ron Paul purists libertarians (myself)......... we have them. We need Republicans.

qwerty
12-30-2007, 02:32 AM

If someone loses support towards ron, cause of that, he/she wasn´t a supporter even before....

:rolleyes:

Joe3113
12-30-2007, 02:35 AM
Man that ad is AWESOME

I also like this one too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9fIjYnPazc

PimpBlimp
12-30-2007, 02:37 AM
this ad rocks

literatim
12-30-2007, 02:37 AM
Yep, awesome ad. It will get us a ton of votes in Iowa.

0zzy
12-30-2007, 02:38 AM
I'm glad you guys like it :). Iowa elders will surely like it, yes?

Cali4RonPaul
12-30-2007, 02:39 AM
AMAZING AD I LOVE IT !! PERFECT A+++++

GO RON GO GO!!!

Robben
12-30-2007, 07:52 AM
Its a good ad. Gonna get alot of votes from Iowa with it.

apc3161
12-30-2007, 08:43 AM
I don't like the ad.

voytechs
12-30-2007, 08:52 AM
I think the ad proves that Ron Paul is a realist and not just a pure ideologist. We change our foreign policy, get out and secure our home borders. The realities are that until things stabilize in the middle east, we have to be realistic about who we allow into our country.

I'm a little surprise how he worded it, probably because of the target audience for that ad, but I would expect nothing less from anyone who is serious about securing our borders.

Shellshock1918
12-30-2007, 09:07 AM
fuck Ron Paul purists libertarians (myself)......... we have them. We need Republicans.

Ding ding ding.

That's who this ad targets. A lot of Americans are very upset about illegal immigration. A LOT.

Highstreet
12-30-2007, 09:33 AM

I have your same concerns.

Using undefined, inflammatory phrases like "terrorist nations" will cause a PR nightmare. It has the possibility of being picked up by the talking heads and going national instead of just being for IA.

I think it is a foible that HQ will regret. They could easily change the phrase to "questionable places" and get the same message across without pissing people off. I have emailed them about it.

RonPaulCult
12-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Life is a gamble. I think the safe way to go is to get rid of the last line cause that's the one that offends people. You'd still have an effective ad that will bring in lots of people and you won't have the blowback of offending others.

But life is a gamble - if HQ wants to roll the dice and see if they have a net gain from it - do what you gotta do.

PS - props for the productuion value of the ad - right up there with Rudy imo

Jodi
12-30-2007, 09:51 AM

This ad is appealing to those in my age range I believe because, if we bring all the troops home from other countries how in the hell do you make sure that America is never attacked? That ad reassured me that Ron Paul has a plan to take care of the US.

Jodi
12-30-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm glad you guys like it :). Iowa elders will surely like it, yes?

Yes and I guess you can call me "elder".

werdd
12-30-2007, 09:53 AM
I think its great and its aimed at the iowa demographic, there was alot of tancredo supporters there and they were TOUGH on immigration, neither huckabee nor romney are tough on immigration. I think its fine, and we should allow Ron Paul some leeway to play some politics with the terrorist nation thought, he deserves it.

liberTim
12-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Paul's problem with NeoConned Republicans is he is seen as weak on the war on terror. This ad is a necessary answer to that charge, and I think it's effective. It furthers the chances of what what we all want.

"Terrorist nations" is not a term I look forward to him having to define, but to all those upset, please see it for what it is - politics, and necessary.

If you're concerned about the policy in practice, it actually says nothing. Just getting rid of student visas altogether and letting all university students in would fit with libertarian principles, and the ad would still be true. There was the mailout about Paul pushing for a Formal Declaration of War against Iraq without mentiong he was against the war. It's politics guys, and he is running int he republican primary.

Another thought: this is BRILLIANT. "Terrorist Nations" is controversial, as reaction here shows, controversial enough to get him some airplay on the cable news channels - Paul looking extra tough on terror and immigration right before Iowa, where Deomcrats and INdependents don't matter, are about to caucus. PERFECT! The huckster got so much play out of his mildly controversial christmas ad and he soared in the polls. RP staffers are geniuses!

Adamsa
12-30-2007, 10:02 AM
The ad has to appeal to those in Iowa who want action on immigration more than the Iraq war. If Ron gets these people he could even win.

LibertyEagle
12-30-2007, 10:17 AM
The ad has to appeal to those in Iowa who want action on immigration more than the Iraq war. If Ron gets these people he could even win.

But, if this was a big issue to them, wouldn't Tancredo and Hunter have had better ratings in Iowa than they had?

kushaze
12-30-2007, 10:21 AM
I don't think it just appeals to those in Iowa, I think it appeals to a lot of Americans worried about our safety post-Iraq war. How will we stop terrorists from coming over here if we aren't fighting them over there? For those who think "terrorist nations" is a racist term, stop being so sensitive. The add didn't say "Islamic terrorist nations," it said "terrorist nations" and Ron Paul shouldn't have to worry about being politically correct anyways. I thought the add was good.

Paulinista4TW
12-30-2007, 10:23 AM
I can't even imagine the phrase "terrorist nations" coming out of Ron Paul's mouth. George Bush's mouth certainly. I'm really in despair at this and it makes Ron look like a fraud to have him say that he endorses collective guilt when he doesn't. Nothing the official campaign has done works for me . I would rather give money to the blimp than to pay these guys more money to torpedo Ron's candidacy.

Tenbatsu
12-30-2007, 10:34 AM
Terrorist Nations is not something Ron Paul would say. With the firestorm of new commercials and his hectic schedule this more than likely got by him.

Dorfsmith
12-30-2007, 10:39 AM
I don't care much for the ad but I sent it to some Republican friends (Thompson supporters) and they liked it. Let's win some Republican votes. We need them to win :cool:

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
12-30-2007, 10:53 AM
The State Department issues a list of terrorist nations, and then issues visas to people from them, without doing real inspections. http://visasforterrorists.blogspot.com/

leglock
12-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Good ad!

Something a lot of RP supporters have forgotten, "Don't **** where you eat ."

Too many people have pissed off Republicans by spamming message boards, placing the wrong calls to the wrong people, and flat out being an ass.

Ernest
12-30-2007, 11:10 AM
But, if this was a big issue to them, wouldn't Tancredo and Hunter have had better ratings in Iowa than they had?

And Ron Paul's ratings? The same folks behind the "war on terror" are also behind the OBL. The same MSM & political pundits trying to discredit RP have also been fighting and trying to discredit anyone against the OBL. Playing exactly the same game they try to play on RP. "Racist", "extreme" etc etc. This is not a coincidence.

videogeek
12-30-2007, 11:19 AM
I don't like the ad, I think it speaks to the nationalistic tendencies within the campaign that I find troubling. It would have been better to focus on border security and allowing legal immigration from ALL nations, not just from South and Central America. I also think the student visa quip was ugly, if terror is a tactic, then there's no such thing as a 'terrorist' nation. Of course, I would feel the exact same way if the campaign put out an ad about abortion. There are just some issues which I think RP is wrong on, and I wish the campaign would focus more on the positive things that more people can agree on. At least it wasn't as racist and xenophobic as Tancredo's immigration ad.

gb13
12-30-2007, 11:22 AM
If someone loses support towards ron, cause of that, he/she wasn´t a supporter even before....

:rolleyes:

AMEN!!!

Perium
12-30-2007, 11:23 AM
I really like this ad also!

srps2233
12-30-2007, 11:24 AM
I will still support Paul, but not nearly as fervently as before. This ad reeks of collectivism. Who cares about the individual, the only thing that matters is the State that claims them.

PimpBlimp
12-30-2007, 11:27 AM
The ad is fine. You guys are blowing it out of proportion. Go vote for Hillary

BrianH
12-30-2007, 11:28 AM
I will still support Paul, but not nearly as fervently as before. This ad reeks of collectivism. Who cares about the individual, the only thing that matters is the State that claims them.

I agree. It takes only one point to lose a voter. See this article here:
h ttp://www.antiwar.com/blog/2007/12/29/ron-pauls-disgraceful-ad/

Wyurm
12-30-2007, 11:34 AM
The ad is good and bad at the same time. First, it was done far better than the other ads. However, it does have words that seem questionable when you compare what RP stands for. "Terrorist Nations"? I think its important to note that "terrorist nation" is subjective. There are plenty of countries who see the United States as a "terrorist nation". It's tricky territory, but I understand exactly why they would want to go there. The point is clearly to appeal to Republicans who see Huckabee as there only alternative, but don't like his boarder control ideas.

Wyurm
12-30-2007, 11:42 AM

This is exactly why I can't run for office. He needs the votes of collectivists as well. I've heard several other complaints lately that the main campaign is playing politics, but look, we all know where Ron Paul stands and how he has voted in the past. I see no reason to believe he will do any differently in the future. So I personally am allowing the campaign to play politics (though it does disgust me) while the grassroots continues to spread the real message of liberty.

Sometimes you do have to fight fire with fire, and in this case that may not be pallatable for everyone so the campaign is taking a serious risk with this ad. They are really hoping to gain more than they will lose. I'm hoping that happens as well.

Erazmus
12-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Should the campaign have added the portion to the ad about the student visa's? Debatable. But to me its a non-issue. Clearly not everyone is going to agree with every single thing Ron stands for. But to me, we (the citizens of the United States) need to get our civil liberties back, restore the republic, and restore the constitution. Otherwise, who is going to want to come to America for student visas anyway? With a faltering economy, a collapsing dollar, an ongoing unconstitutional war, a north american union, a torturing government, et cetera -

- student visas from ANY country is the least of my concerns. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being most severe) of all the other issues to be outraged about, this one ranks maybe a 1.

Just my 2 cents.

videogeek
12-30-2007, 11:43 AM

AMEN!

Eric21ND
12-30-2007, 11:51 AM
This ad is brillant! I hope it plays EVERYWHERE.

Akus
12-30-2007, 11:54 AM
short
to the point
Like it!! :D

Akus
12-30-2007, 11:56 AM

For every one like you, there will be another one who supports RP solely because of his border position. Win some/lose some, it's just like an abortion issue.

Minuteman2008
12-30-2007, 01:23 PM
I think the ad is well done. Remember, neoconservatives support open borders ("invite the world, invade the world, in hock to the world"). It's the paleoconservatives who generally have been realistically concerned about sovereignty and secure borders. The Democrats and Libertarians on this board naturally will find it offensive, but Ron Paul happens to be running for the Republican nomination so he will still require some votes from... Republicans (gasp!). At least Ron Paul has the balls to clearly spell out his stance on the issue without tiptoeing around it. Romney flip-flopped about five times on Meet the Press regarding whether illegals should be allowed to stay in the country, and never did give a straight answer. This ad gives straightforward answers, rejects ideology in favor of reality, and stands in stark contrast to liberal/neoconservative (same thing) policies regarding immigration.

qwerty
01-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Honors for This Video:
#7 - Most Discussed (This Week)
#2 - Most Discussed (This Week) - News & Politics
#100 - Most Discussed (This Month)
#11 - Most Discussed (This Month) - News & Politics
#24 - Most Viewed (This Week) - News & Politics
#73 - Top Favorites (This Week)
#6 - Top Favorites (This Week) - News & Politics
#55 - Top Favorites (This Month) - News & Politics
#32 - Top Rated (This Week)
#5 - Top Rated (This Week) - News & Politics
#77 - Top Rated (This Month) - News & Politics

:cool:

vendetta
01-01-2008, 11:51 AM
can't agree with you guys on this one.

If of all the countless hours of youtube videos that I have watched that made me a ron paul fan. This single ad has turned me off. I hope this is not what Ron paul stands for (even though it says he aproves of this message). Fear mongering of the current administration is what we are trying to get out of. This video smells of fear mongering.

If this is what the begining of new kinds of ads and campaign sales pitch from ron paul. Than I for one am not interested in him any more.

Sorry guys so far I loved every moment of following and being a part of ronpaul campaign, because we are a differant, and we stand for things that are differant from other contestant. This video reminds me of tom tancredo.

Very dissapointed.