PDA

View Full Version : Dirty politics against Romney

rfbz
12-30-2007, 01:57 AM
Wow things are getting pretty dirty in South Carolina. Someone sent out a bunch of fake greeting cards to residents of South Carolina made to look like they were from the Romney campaign or his Mormon church. The cards contain supposed Mormon passages obviously intended to make people go "wtf?" I wonder what campaign was behind this, Huckabee?

article here (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071230/ap_on_el_pr/romney_card)

excerpt:

Many South Carolina Republicans got a bogus holiday greeting card this week, purported to be from White House hopeful Mitt Romney, that cites some controversial passages of the Book of Mormon.

Romney's campaign said it had nothing to do with the cards, postmarked Thursday from Columbia with a 41-cent stamp, and Boston Temple President Ken Hutchins said Saturday he first heard about the mailing Friday from a woman in Charleston.

South Carolina Republican Party Chairman Katon Dawson said he intends to "contact the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Elections Fraud Division and other appropriate authorities, provide them the copy of the mail piece delivered to South Carolina Republicans and ask for a thorough investigation into this matter."

Joe3113
12-30-2007, 02:19 AM
hahahahaahahahaha.....ahem...*cough

I do not condone these actions

Mesogen
12-30-2007, 01:40 PM
http://contenderministries.org/mormonism/comparison.php

Was it stuff like this?

Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, 1973 ed., p. 346 - "God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man...I say, if you were to see him today, you would see him like a man in a form-like yourselves in all the person, image, and very form as a man."

D & C 130:22 "The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's; the Son also."

God the Father became a God after learning truth, aggressively pursuing godhood, and being obedient to the laws of the gospel.

God the Father has a wife, through whom he procreates spirit children.

"Implicit in the Christian verity that all men are the spirit children of an Eternal Father is the usually unspoken truth that they are also the offspring of an Eternal Mother. An exalted and glorified Man of Holiness (Moses 6:57) could not be a Father unless a Woman of like glory, perfection, and holiness was associated with him as a Mother" (Mormon Doctrine, 1977 ed., p. 516)

God would stop being God if intelligences stopped supporting him as God.

Captain Shays
12-30-2007, 05:04 PM
I hate dirty politics even if its directed at those whom I totaly disagree with.

Meiun
12-30-2007, 05:06 PM
It's south carolina, hehe... they kinda like it like that.

I'd expect things to get VERY dirty in S.C. I have NOTHING against the folks there, I lived in Toccoa GA and would frequently head over to SC for some fun. Great folks, but their political scene is MEAN!

RSLudlum
12-30-2007, 05:09 PM
yeah it gets pretty ugly here. The timing of this coming up is right on since Romney is really ramping up in SC (at least in the charleston area). His signs are starting to pop up everywhere and just had a visit to one of the local Sticky Fingers where we made our presence known!! ;)

thisisgiparti
12-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Thinking about God doing the deed, or "endless celestial sex," with Mrs. God - and for the purposes of procreating spirit children is an icky thought.

Of course, I dislike Mitt Romney, because he really believes in nothing. Mormonism is weird, though.

AlexMerced
12-30-2007, 06:16 PM
lol, I feel bad for Romney that his religon has played such a factor as against him as I feel bad as Huckabees has played a factor for him... these guys have plenty of skeletons and successes as govenors that it saddens me people focus on their religon.

THey both still suck though

Ron Paul 4 Life

MayTheRonBeWithYou
12-30-2007, 06:24 PM
I won't be surprised if Huck supporters are behind this.