PDA

View Full Version : We have realistically 20 days to raise $23 million???

dircha
12-30-2007, 01:42 AM
The latest email from HQ says it will cost $23 million more than we have now to run radio and television ads, send out mailings, and compete in the 22 Feb. 5th Super Tuesday states.

But as we have been told in the past, ad runs must be scheduled and paid for weeks in advance, and HQ has previously declined to spend money they do not yet have. So we presumably have to have raised and spent the $23 million that we need to spend on the Super Tuesday states, weeks in advance of Super Tuesday.

Can anyone with experience setting up ad runs fill us all in as to how far out in advance the money is needed?

For example, we might only have until January 20th to raise the additional $23 million HQ tells us we need for the Super Tuesday states, because any later than that and the money could not be spent on ads in Super Tuesday states.

If that is the case, it seems the only way we can raise that kind of money is if we have very strong showings in the first 6 states and bring in literally thousands of new donors.

In that case, which of the first 6 states before January 20th: Iowa, Wyoming, New Hampshire, Michigan, Nevada, and South Carolina are we going to have 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place finishes in?

Thoughts?

December 30th - Today

January 3rd - Iowa
January 5th - Wyoming
January 8th - New Hampshire
January 15th - Michigan
January 19th - Nevada, South Carolina
January 29th - Florida
February 1st - Maine

February 5th - Super Tuesday (22 states)

european
12-30-2007, 01:47 AM
Let people start with signing up at www.ronpaulspay.com so we are spreading the chances and making sure people are busy with this every day of the week. And next to this regular income, we have to focus on a major moneybomb. where people will donate the most serious donation they can.

PRIEST
12-30-2007, 01:49 AM
After Ron Paul shocks in Iowa and NH, the media will do the advertising for him i.e. Huckabee.

adwads
12-30-2007, 01:50 AM
Let people start with signing up at www.ronpaulspay.com so we are spreading the chances and making sure people are busy with this every day of the week. And next to this regular income, we have to focus on a major moneybomb. where people will donate the most serious donation they can.

Benjamins for Paul:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=68476

dircha
12-30-2007, 01:51 AM
If January 20th is a good estimate of the latest we can still buy ad runs in the 22 Super Tuesday states, then a MLK Day money bomb is off the table, isn't it?

It just seems impossible. I think the only way it will happen is if we are consistently in the top 3 in the first 6 states.

Aron98831@msn.com
12-30-2007, 01:54 AM
We need to start thinking this out, everyone he is trying as hard as they can, but will are not always pulling in the same direction. This is a national election, the best people in the world are working against us. We need a WIN in Iowa. That would change the game, that would push everything in our favor. Go online during the day, get the white pages for Iowa and call these people, tell them why they must support RP. If you can't do that write them emails, or send the messages, (myspace/facebook/any way you can find peoples emails in Iowa). We can win and we must!

davidt!
12-30-2007, 01:59 AM
I thought it was 12 Million to win? Now it's 43 Million to win. Wow, this is getting serious.

dircha
12-30-2007, 02:05 AM
I thought it was 12 Million to win? Now it's 43 Million to win. Wow, this is getting serious.

$12 million was 4th quarter.

A new email from the campaign came out today setting a goal of an additional $23 million:
http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2007/12/the-time-is-now.html

If you haven't received it, it means you haven't registered on the official site.

Go to the following page and register. This is how your state organizer - once one is appointed - can keep in touch with you and explain what needs to be done in your state.

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/join/

Aron98831@msn.com
12-30-2007, 02:14 AM
we can get the 23 million, what we must get is the win in Iowa. Money is still coming in right now, in the last 3 hours, over $11,000 as come in, I we push a little would could get to 19 million in the morning. and 20 on new years is easy. who ever wins in Iowa will see millions come there way, lets make sure that person is Dr. Paul

JT1
12-30-2007, 02:18 AM

I believe $12 Million was to win Iowa and NH. The $23 Million is to go for the Super Tuesday states.

0zzy
12-30-2007, 02:20 AM
I believe $12 Million was to win Iowa and NH. The $23 Million is to go for the Super Tuesday states.

7+23=29million. We raised over 7 for Iowa and NH winage.

american.swan
12-30-2007, 02:31 AM
After Ron Paul shocks in Iowa and NH, the media will do the advertising for him i.e. Huckabee.

I would be willing to bet against that.

jblosser
12-30-2007, 02:36 AM
We don't entirely need the media to report it. There's plenty of people holding their money until they see where the early states go. If we do well there they'll give. Especially if someone else they're scared of (like Huckabee) also does well.

Paul4Prez
12-30-2007, 02:41 AM
If that is the case, it seems the only way we can raise that kind of money is if we have very strong showings in the first 6 states and bring in literally thousands of new donors.

In that case, which of the first 6 states before January 20th: Iowa, Wyoming, New Hampshire, Michigan, Nevada, and South Carolina are we going to have 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place finishes in?

Thoughts?

December 30th - Today

January 3rd - Iowa
January 5th - Wyoming
January 8th - New Hampshire
January 15th - Michigan
January 19th - Nevada, South Carolina
January 29th - Florida
February 1st - Maine

February 5th - Super Tuesday (22 states)

Iowa: Mitt and Huckster probably have 1st and 2nd sewn up. 3rd would be a good showing there for us, but if we get everyone out to vote, anything is possible.

Wyoming: Mitt seems to have gone after the county chairs who were already in place, but no one else is even trying. 2nd might be possible for us.

New Hampshire: Ron Paul is popular there, but voter turnout is high. I could see us falling to 3rd behind Mitt and McCain, or taking second, or winning and setting us up big time.

Michigan: We are going to really surprise people there, because the Dems are so messed up. Still, Romney's dad was the governor there, and McCain is popular too. Another 3rd? Maybe higher if the antiwar Dems and independents go our way.

Nevada: This is a must win. Low turnout caucus, and only Mitt is competing with us.

South Carolina: A six-way race. We could win it with good turnout, or place anywhere from 2nd to 5th.

Florida: Rudy is betting the farm here, and Huckster has been gaining. 2nd place would be huge, 3rd or 4th is more likely.

Maine: Another caucus state, and one with an independent streak. Another must win for us.

Alex Libman
12-30-2007, 02:43 AM
What we've accomplished in the 4th quarter of 2007 is amazing, but we need to not just keep that momentum going but accelerate going into January!

The time for cautious fence-sitting or half-hearted patronage has now passed! Everything is on the line, and we need to push with everything we've got! Max out your credit cards, people! Be a few months late on some bills! In a few years no one will care if your credit rating has dipped a bit this winter. But being a part of this movement, here and now, is something you'll be proud to tell your great-grandchildren about! Members of the "Ron Paul $2300 Club" will always be respected - it will buy you the level of respect a guarage full of Porsches will never buy! Every dollar counts! Don't let yourself get away with only giving $100 when you could give $200, only giving $1000 if you could give $1001!

This here is our one shot, our final chance to save this country, or the swan song of American liberty! The very notion that a free, constitutionally-bound nation can still exist on this earth is hanging in the balance! What each of us will do for the Ron Paul campaign will echo in eternity!

dircha
12-30-2007, 04:01 AM
Iowa: Mitt and Huckster probably have 1st and 2nd sewn up. 3rd would be a good showing there for us, but if we get everyone out to vote, anything is possible.

Wyoming: Mitt seems to have gone after the county chairs who were already in place, but no one else is even trying. 2nd might be possible for us.

New Hampshire: Ron Paul is popular there, but voter turnout is high. I could see us falling to 3rd behind Mitt and McCain, or taking second, or winning and setting us up big time.

Michigan: We are going to really surprise people there, because the Dems are so messed up. Still, Romney's dad was the governor there, and McCain is popular too. Another 3rd? Maybe higher if the antiwar Dems and independents go our way.

Nevada: This is a must win. Low turnout caucus, and only Mitt is competing with us.

South Carolina: A six-way race. We could win it with good turnout, or place anywhere from 2nd to 5th.

Florida: Rudy is betting the farm here, and Huckster has been gaining. 2nd place would be huge, 3rd or 4th is more likely.

Maine: Another caucus state, and one with an independent streak. Another must win for us.

That seems pretty realistic.

What has me so nervous is that a 4th place finish in Iowa and a 5th place finish in New Hampshire would likely spell the end of our run for the nomination. We're betting a lot on believing that the media polls are underestimating our support by 10% or more.

I guess we will know very soon.