PDA

View Full Version : McCain Campaign Florida Co-Chairman Arrested!

Santana28
07-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Arrested pol is McCain campaign Florida co-chairman

by PageOneQ

You can DIGG this story, by clicking on this link: Arrested pol is McCain campaign Florida co-chairman.

A member of the Florida House of Representatives arrested yesterday on charges of soliciting a male undercover police officer is the co-Chairman of the Florida campaign of presidential hopeful John McCain, PageOneQ has learned.

Bob Allen (R) was appointed Florida co-Chairman of the McCain campaign in March. At the time, McCain said he was proud of the support he received from Allen and that Allen and his three co-chairs were "respected leaders in their communities and have real experience wrestling with the important issues of our day." McCain pledged to "turn to these leaders. Their counsel will be very helpful and their support invaluable."

Fox News Orlando reported the arrest yesterday evening. According to the report, Allen was charged with a second degree misdemeanor. Allen, who is married, was arrested in Titusville, Florida, approximately twenty-five miles east of the district he represents.

Allen has a strong conservative record. PageOneQ has obtained information regarding Allen's voting record and ratings by advocacy organizations. Between 2003 and 2006 Allen voted with the Christian Coalition over 90% of the time. Allen has been endorsed by the Florida Right to Life Committee and this year he voted to impose a 24-hour waiting period on third-trimester abortions.

Allen serves on the House Agriculture & Environment Appropriations Committee, Environmental Regulation Committee, State Infrastructure Council and the Utilities & Telecommunications Committee. He is chairman of the Spaceport & Technology Committee.

On his House web page, Allen's listed recreational interest is "water sports."

A message left seeking comment from McCain's campaign went unreturned by press time. Updates as they become available...

Additional information on Allen's record may be seen at Joe My God.

Excerpts from the Fox News Orlando report follow:

Titusville police say they have arrested Florida State Rep. Robert "Bob"

Allen, of Merrit Island, on second degree charges for solicitation for prostitution.

Allen, 48, was arrested Wednesday afternoon at Veteran's Memorial Park on East Broad St. in Titusville. The park was under surveillance by a detail of undercover police officers.

Officers say they noticed Allen acting suspicious as he went in and out of the men's restroom 3 times. Minutes later, he solicited an undercover male officer inside the restroom, offering to perform oral sex for $20. Officers realized he was a public figure after the arrest.

T.J. Helmstetter contributed research to this report.

angelatc
07-12-2007, 11:01 AM
This wouldn't be criminal behavior if I had my say. He's a grown-up and he wasn't out to hurt anybody.

Digging this is pandering to homophobes and powerbrokers.

Santana28
07-12-2007, 11:05 AM
true... but it's not going to help McCain with those evangelical christian voters much...

DjLoTi
07-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Is this someone he hasn't already fired?

torchbearer
07-12-2007, 11:10 AM
He fired me and I'm not even on his campaign.

ceakins
07-12-2007, 11:10 AM
This wouldn't be criminal behavior if I had my say. He's a grown-up and he wasn't out to hurt anybody.

I agree, prostitution should be legal and regulated like it is in Nevada. Legalized prostitution would lead to a decrease in HIV and other venereal disease transmission. Which is the logical approach, like drugs it's not going to magically go away because it's illegal.

mdh
07-12-2007, 11:11 AM
On his House web page, Allen's listed recreational interest is "water sports."

Allen, 48, was arrested Wednesday afternoon at Veteran's Memorial Park on East Broad St. in Titusville. The park was under surveillance by a detail of undercover police officers.

Officers say they noticed Allen acting suspicious as he went in and out of the men's restroom 3 times. Minutes later, he solicited an undercover male officer inside the restroom, offering to perform oral sex for $20. Officers realized he was a public figure after the arrest.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL.
LOL. Srsly. LOL.

Bergie Bergeron
07-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Nice to see he took a page out of George Michael's book !

chandlerLBT
07-12-2007, 11:24 AM
even if prostitution being illegal is unjust, oral sex or sex in a public park restroom where kids are around is at least indecent exposure.

ceakins
07-12-2007, 11:25 AM
even if prostitution being illegal is unjust, oral sex or sex in a public park restroom where kids are around is at least indecent exposure.

I will agree with you on that, however if it was legal, and put into a certain district like it is in Nevada he wouldn't need to go find them in a mens room in a park.

Bradley in DC
07-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Let's all brush up on our "nice things about McCain" arguments to win over his supporters to our side: patriot willing to defend the country (as soldier, if not as senator!), proud of his strong independent stance against US government use of torture, and, um, could someone else please jump in and help here....

mdh
07-12-2007, 11:29 AM

It's also property of the municipality/state/whatever and they can enforce any rules they wish. If you want to get a prostitute, do it on property you own, or private property where it is allowed (like a sleazy motel.)

chandlerLBT
07-12-2007, 11:32 AM
umm. he says he's the most experienced. paul has what, 20+ years in the house? and they're both about the same age, i think mccain is 70, and paul is 71 or the other way around, that's about it on the positive. mccain's audience is mainly the senior votes, at least it is here in arizona when he gets reelected every time.

Santana28
07-12-2007, 11:33 AM
you've got to remember one thing... a lot of these people that go trolling for sex in public places do it because they like the thrill of being in a public place.... having it legalized in certain locations won't likely deter those people. and especially if he is involved in politics - even if it WERE legal - do you think he would take to patronizing those places where he would be very likely to be called out for doing so?

chandlerLBT
07-12-2007, 11:36 AM
you've got to remember one thing... a lot of these people that go trolling for sex in public places do it because they like the thrill of being in a public place.... having it legalized in certain locations won't likely deter those people. and especially if he is involved in politics - even if it WERE legal - do you think he would take to patronizing those places where he would be very likely to be called out for doing so?

you can't assume an action would have been taken anyway without actually playing out the hypothetical in real life. if prostitution was legalized, no one knows if this guy would still be looking for a cheap thrill in the bathroom versus one in a private area.

angelatc
07-12-2007, 11:52 AM

I don't doubt it, but I suspect that exhibitionist hetero couples are busted for public sex but sent home with nothing more than a stern talking to.

I do not think for one instant the the article will lead to anything except laughter from the liberal factions about the hypocrisy of the right, and it will not be because the Christian Coalation rants incessantly about the immorality of public sex.

DjLoTi
07-12-2007, 12:02 PM
With McCain's position on the war and on amnesty, seems like his supporters are the least likely to transfer over to Ron out of all other candidates. Just my opinion..

klamath
07-12-2007, 12:08 PM
It is the pure hypocrisy matched with the voting record. If Barney Frank did something like this- big deal. Who cares.

quickmike
07-12-2007, 01:02 PM

I agree, it shouldnt be criminal behavior, but hes the one pushing conservative christian morality through legislation, so its just fitting that he should get busted for something like this. Hypocracy is one of the worst traits in a human being that I can think of. If this was someone else that got busted for something like this in his district, you bet your ass he would be grandstanding saying stuff like "its this kind of behavior that we must be vigilant against, these actions are destroying the moral fiber of our country" or some BS like that. Im glad he got busted for it.

I agree though, it should not be something that is legislated.

DeadheadForPaul
07-12-2007, 01:04 PM
I agree, it shouldnt be criminal behavior, but hes the one pushing conservative christian morality through legislation, so its just fitting that he should get busted for something like this. Hypocracy is one of the worst traits in a human being that I can think of. If this was someone else that got busted for something like this in his district, you bet your ass he would be grandstanding saying stuff like "its this kind of behavior that we must be vigilant against, these actions are destroying the moral fiber of our country" or some BS like that. Im glad he got busted for it.

I agree though, it should not be something that is legislated.

While I do not object to his personal lifestyle, I do object to hypocrisy

PatriotOne
07-12-2007, 01:10 PM
I do object to hypocrisy

My thoughts exactly.

ThePieSwindler
07-12-2007, 01:12 PM
You guys are missing the forest for the trees. The point of this is that it further shows how McCain's campaign efforts are crashing down and in freefall. Why are we debating whether or not prostitution should be legal or homosexuality in a public figure frowned upon. Point is, it hurts john Mccain and his campaign. Thats what matters, in relation to Ron Paul.

PatriotOne
07-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Sure is a lot of news on Campaign Managers these days. Giuliani's are either dying (D'Amato) or getting busted for drugs (Ravenel) and now this? What the heck is going here? Are healthy and honest/clean CM's in short supply or what?

PatriotOne
07-12-2007, 01:17 PM
You guys are missing the forest for the trees. The point of this is that it further shows how McCain's campaign efforts are crashing down and in freefall. Why are we debating whether or not prostitution should be legal or homosexuality in a public figure frowned upon. Point is, it hurts john Mccain and his campaign. Thats what matters, in relation to Ron Paul.

LOL...I didn't miss it but the parties been over for McCain for weeks already...the fat lady just hasn't sung yet.

SlapItHigh
07-13-2007, 01:53 AM

No, I don't think they go to parks because they like the thrill of public places. If that were the case, they'd go somewhere that was more public. This is happening in parks all around the country. Ask moms who take their kids to parks. Homosexual males go to parks to find other men to have sexual encounters with in the woods. They go to parks because they are more secluded and usually wooded. They don't typically go to parks without woods or parks out in the open. They may meet up in the bathroom or parking lot but usually take it to the woods where they won't be seen. The police in my area know this goes on and they don't do anything about it because they see it as harmless, which it probably is. I, for one, would feel a lot more comfortable taking my children to the park to play on the playground if it wasn't a place for people to have sex all around us. If it were legal, I don't think it would be going on in wooded parks. Wooded parks are the most common place for this kind of activity all over the whole country. The bathrooms are usually next to the playground. I get nervous everytime I take my children to the playground at the local parks and I see a bunch of cars with just one man in the front seat staring out the window, but I try to remind myself that they aren't there for me or my kids.

angelatc
07-13-2007, 02:18 AM

I suppose I'm just not cut out for politics. I'd like to win on the issues, not on crap like this.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-13-2007, 06:30 AM
I'm going to play devil's advocate. While I have no problem with legalization of prostitution, it's really up for states or, better yet, local governments to decide criminal code.

Furthermore, I could make an argument that a state, which authorizes marital contracts, could enforce such marital contract against violation through civil courts. Just an idea . . . If you want to get married and play around, choose to get married in a state that does not criminalize adultery. (No state of which I am aware does criminalize adultery, but it could via sanctioning of marital contracts.)

I actually happen to believe states needn't even be in the business of licensing marriage and that it could be done by churches or as civil contracts which could codify their own rules about adultery.

But I've gone off on an only partially related intellectual excercise, aka a tangent.

mikelovesgod
07-13-2007, 06:49 AM
I'm sure Dr. Paul is against prostitution, and would be all for laws on the local level to punish these people. It's not part of his platform on the federal level, but if local level policies decide to punish degeneracy it's their prerogative for the good of society.

sunny
07-13-2007, 06:49 AM

right on pie swindler~