PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Tactics...

Santana28
07-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Okay, so for the most part up til now the MSM has used basically the same tactics when going against Ron Paul and his supporters - they call us spammers, extremists, etc. They accuse us of manipulating poll results and even using a "google bomb" to inflate RP's numbers on the internet. In articles the facts are twisted oh-so-slightly as to distort the reader's perception of Ron Paul, while not outwardly lying (MOST of the time).

Right now we are entering Phase II it seems - MSM shows are inviting Ron on just to take advantage of the ratings jump they will recieve from his faithful supporters, and discredit him openly. As someone else mentioned before in another thread - it IS psychological warfare to state things like "You have no chance at winning" to a casual audience. they are doing this on purpose.

Lately we've seen a huge rise in Meetup.com signups and myspace friends and other numbers we've been watching closely. The article about the google bomb just came out.

But imagine this - what is stage II of their attack is to enact the very things they accuse US of - and then use it to discredit Ron or dillute his support? What if an infiltrator DID create a google bomb, even though it's obvious to all of us that we clearly don't need one? What if we have spammers faking memberships in the Ron Paul meetups? I'm sure after Ron wins the Iowa Straw Poll, the first thing that will come out is how there was a "concerted, dishonest effort" by Ron Paul supporters to take Mitt Romney's $35 fee and then vote for Ron instead. and they might have even planted people among us who are willing to use under-handed tactics on purpose to give them ammunation for later.

I think we need to be careful that we aren't being played... Ron needs to get some public address TV and Radio ads out there... he needs to tape a weekly address and put it on his website explaining his positions very matter-of-factly (as usual)... and we need to be careful how we respond to being "played."

just a thought.

belian78
07-12-2007, 10:53 AM
I'd say that this is something deserved of consideration. similar types of things have happened quite frequently throughout our political history. Just take a look at what was done to Cynthia McKinney in her re-election bid.

angelatc
07-12-2007, 10:58 AM
What happened to McKinney? She embodied the very "the rules I make don't apply to me!" attitude that I detest in our rulers.

belian78
07-12-2007, 11:10 AM
i dont know the specifics, but it had to do with some campaign contributions coming from certain organizations that later were later deemed terror financiers.

what do you mean about "the rules i make" statement? did i miss something?

Cindy
07-12-2007, 11:33 AM
This is why it is vital now to take his campaign to the streets. The more the MSM viewer, sees real Ron Paul supporters out there, the easier it will be for them, to start questioning what they are being spoon fed.

I posted at my local meetups, (who currently do a lot of sign waving at busy street corners on the weekends) for my area in Florida to do an overnight in August before the Iowa debates.

We should also get a link to this site stickied at the top of all of his meet up groups message boards. Lots of great ideas and inspiration through meetup group video clips are here. This is an awesome forum, like the unofficial Ron Paul HQ.

Everyone should get Ron Paul T shirts and make it a point to wear them when out grocery shopping, casual dining out, etc.

How can the MSM get away with saying, Pauls support is a couple of computer geek wiz spammers, when from town to town, city to city, Ron Paul is everywhere in the material reality as well.