PDA

View Full Version : $23 Million for What? More crap ads?

Ruby Justice
12-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Sorry, but what people are producing on their own costs $0.00 to the campaign and is much more effective. I haven't seen a single ad from HQ that matched the winning ad that was aired on the CNN/Youtube debacle.

I'm royally turned off by the new immigration ad, and I'm sure others are too.

lew
12-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Are you kidding?

The CNN/Youtube ad was atrocious. It wasn't very professional at all.

The Campaign's ads, likewise though, have been downright horrible, up until the last 2 or 3 ads. The production value has been kicked up a huge notch. They still have a long way to go though.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Admitted, the ads got off to a bad start, but they've been getting a lot better. I think they're finally (FINALLY) hitting their stride.

FreedomLover
12-29-2007, 11:23 PM
The latest immigration ad was one of their best if not the best one yet, and the majority agree with me.

risiusj
12-29-2007, 11:24 PM
Like it or not, the money has to go through the national campaign for us to win this thing.

N13
12-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Besides producing the ads, the most significant cost is televising them. If there are no funds for that, the best commercials in the world have nothing more than free internet exposure.

This campaign needs exposure on TV and Radio. That costs money. To do it effectively for Super Tuesday, its going to take a lot of $$$$$$$$.

0zzy
12-29-2007, 11:27 PM
The latest immigration ad was one of their best if not the best one yet, and the majority agree with me.

Majority do. But a minority are pissed off because of "terrorist nations" language and they believe he'll say students can't come to this country on a student visa if they are from the middle east.

They seem to be forgetting that Ron Paul wants to stop the war, overturn the Patriot Act, the Military Commission Act, save the economy, save money, stop future wars, etc.

They won't put in any other money because they are royally pissed with an ad that is not targeted for them. They want all advertisements to appeal to them, and they want the wording to be less strong or not even there.

noztnac
Sorry, but what people are producing on their own costs $0.00 to the campaign and is much more effective. I haven't seen a single ad from HQ that matched the winning ad that was aired on the CNN/Youtube debacle.

I agree 100%. I was a media arts major. I give all of the ads so far an F-.

I have sent them scripts for professional quality ads. headquarters is not listening. The ads they have been producing thus far almost lead me to believe there is a mole from one of the other campaigns intentionally sabotaging things.

Everyone needs to contact headquarters and demand change immediately.

Misesian
Uhh, I think the new immigration ad is their best one. It resembles a FrankDogg ad and it hits on one of the most important issues to Republicans at the moment, ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION!

If you don't want to contribute, DON'T, let others who want to help Ron Paul win do so. For the record I've contributed to both the campaign and to independant efforts and think that both are important and necessary to win. There is no media coverage generated from independant efforts and there would not be any moneybombs generated for independant efforts too so there would likely be much less funds overall if the campaign did NOTHING and relied solely on grassroots efforts.

Maybe you guys jumping on the "I HATE THE NEW IMMIGRATION AD" bandwagon should go over to www.ronpaullibrary.org and read his articles he's written in the past on immgration, and on the war on terror too. I mean c'mon guys, I even hear Alex Jones screaming how much he "hates Al Qaeda" too!

coboman
12-29-2007, 11:28 PM
And, since this is a criticism of the official campaign, this thread will be moved to hot topics, or some other "free speech zone".

Geez, between the "terrorist nations" (whatever happened to "terrorism is a tactic"?), the expensive bureaucratic incompetence, and the herd mentality, this campaign looks each time more like the things we are supposed to be fighting.

FreedomLover

I have sent them scripts for professional quality ads. headquarters is not listening. The ads they have been producing thus far almost lead me to believe there is a mole from one of the other campaigns intentionally sabotaging things.

I think the ad was great. And I honestly think they know more about the people they are targeting their ads at then you do.

Liberty Star
Lets put this $23 mil thing on hold for now.

me3
12-29-2007, 11:29 PM

Oh my, that tin foil hat is stylish on you!

noztnac
12-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Majority do. But a minority are pissed off because of "terrorist nations" language and they believe he'll say students can't come to this country on a student visa if they are from the middle east.

They seem to be forgetting that Ron Paul wants to stop the war, overturn the Patriot Act, the Military Commission Act, save the economy, save money, stop future wars, etc.

They won't put in any other money because they are royally pissed with an ad that is not targeted for them. They want all advertisements to appeal to them, and they want the wording to be less strong or not even there.

The ad was not good. It wasn't just the language. The production values are also low. All of these ads are being done on video. They need to be using film and then bumping over to digital fr editing. Shows like C.S.I., Dexter, and the Wire are done this way and that's why they have better contrast and depth.

Also, he should never say "overturn the patriot act". That's falling into the trap of accepting the name "Patriot Act". We o this forum understand that it is an unpatriotic act but many less informed people will interpret that as "Ron Paul is unpatriotic". He should instead say he is against wiretapping, and spying on US citizens.

PimpBlimp
12-29-2007, 11:33 PM
The ads have been getting better.

0zzy
12-29-2007, 11:34 PM
The ad was not good. It wasn't just the language. The production values are also low. All of these ads are being done on video. They need to be using film and then bumping over to digital fr editing. Shows like C.S.I., Dexter, and the Wire are done this way and that's why they have better contrast and depth.

Also, he should never say "overturn the patriot act". That's falling into the trap of accepting the name "Patriot Act". We o this forum understand that it is an unpatriotic act but many less informed people will interpret that as "Ron Paul is unpatriotic". He should instead say he is against wiretapping, and spying on US citizens.

The production quality is amazing. You're off your rockers if you thought that was "bad" quality.

And you are saying he should change his language, while at the same time getting mad at him for using strong language in the new ad?

Ron Paul Fan
12-29-2007, 11:34 PM
The ad was a masterpiece. Ron Paul should say that he wants to overturn or repeal the patriot act all he wants. He can do whatever he wants. He doesn't want to run my life and I don't want to run his. The HQ ads have been getting better and better. The last 2 have been extremely good and I guess I'm one of the few left who supports Ron Paul 100%.

0zzy
12-29-2007, 11:35 PM
The ad was a masterpiece. Ron Paul should say that he wants to overturn or repeal the patriot act all he wants. He can do whatever he wants. He doesn't want to run my life and I don't want to run his. The HQ ads have been getting better and better. The last 2 have been extremely good and I guess I'm one of the few left who supports Ron Paul 100%.

I'm the second out of the few! Who's the third!

Misesian
12-29-2007, 11:37 PM

Right here, though I KNOW that the market and private charity wouldn't leave people out on the street and I'm sure Ron Paul knows that too!

Ron Paul Fan
12-29-2007, 11:39 PM

Thank you Ozzy! We could use more people like you and me around here who never give up faith in Ron Paul. I think Ron Paul is going to surprise a lot of people here in a couple days. When he does well it'll be because of people like you and I who stood by him through thick and thin. He defends our freedom! Ron Paul for President!!!!!!!

FreedomLover
Right here

I'll be a fourth!

davidhperry

Me as well!

me3
12-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Whatever. There are so many people on this forum who are emotional basket cases, I'm beginning to wonder if freedom is such a good idea anymore.

The amount of venom directed at the campaign, everything it does, it's starting to make me feel sick, like this movement is incapable of staying focused on what matters, in the 11th hour no less.

You don't want to give them money? Don't.

You don't like the ads? Contact the campaign.

Filling the forum with endless bitching and negativity is a major downer for those of us trying to stay focused on a 50 state campaign, and looking for snippets of information from various grassroots threads.

Please, take your bitching to the campaign. I can only speak for myself, but I imagine there are people who agree with me on this, it's becoming a distraction in unproductive and demoralizing ways.

Go hand out some lit and call everyone you know to confirm they are registered and registered on the Ron Paul site. Do something to help the campaign win, not tear the campaign down minute by minute.

Yes, you're free to whine like a child but freedom also brings responsibility. I don't want to be subjected to the complaining anymore.

Ruby Justice
12-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Ron Paul's staunchest supporters are speaking out against the last lousy ad with the "terrorist nations" language...even Justin Raimondo from antiwar.com has this to say below. So you can repeat that it's a good add all you want, it's not gonna change the fact that it's rubbing lots of people the wrong way! If you don't see the hypocrisy in it, then look inside yourselves..

Ron Paul’s Disgraceful Ad
This new Ron Paul ad is absolutely, outrageously, tragically wrong:

“No visas for students from ‘terrorist nations’”?

Rarely has a more ignorant proposal been advanced – and it is made even worse by the fact that this is Ron Paul we’re talking about.

To begin with, it is odd, indeed, for a libertarian to be invoking the concept of collective guilt: is every citizen of these unnamed “terrorist nations” to be declared persona non grata on account of the actions of a minuscule number of their countrymen?

Secondly, just which nations is Rep. Paul talking about? Fifteen of the 9/11 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia: two were from the United Arab Emirates, one was Egyptian and another one hailed from Lebanon. Is Paul seriously saying that we should deport the thousands from these countries studying in the US? And why stop there? Why allow anyone from these so-called “terrorist nations” entry into the US for any reason whatsoever – just to be on the safe side?

This is pandering to the worst, Tom Tancredo-esque paranoia and outright ignorance (or do I repeat myself?) and is not worthy of Dr. Paul. I have the utmost respect for the candidate, but in using this unfortunate term, “terrorist nations,” the Good Doctor undermines his non-interventionist foreign policy stance. If these are, in truth, “terrorist nations” – which most will take to mean all predominantly Muslim nations — then why not invade them, kill the terrorists, and be done with it? This phraseology gives the War Party carte blanche – and, believe you me, they’ll use it.

As Murray Rothbard explained, the anti-interventionist conservatives of the 1950s made the same mistake when they jumped on Joe McCarthy’s bandwagon. The “red scare” was payback for the “brown scare” of the 1940s in which prominent conservatives were basically run out of public life on a rail for not getting with the program until Pearl Harbor. The original McCarthyite movement was directed against domestic reds, and was a sweet revenge for those conservatives who had been targeted as “subversive” and even “pro-Hitler” for being anti-interventionist during the Roosevelt era. However, it wasn’t long before the domestic witch-hunt spilled over the border and became an international armed crusade that roped us into NATO, lured us into Korea, and got us bogged down in Vietnam.

Thousands of students from the Middle East, North Africa, and the Muslim countries of Indonesia, Malaysia, and elsewhere come to this country and bring home with them the ideas of liberty, tolerance, and fair play that are the predominant themes of our culture. Barring them would be politically foolish, economically counterproductive, and a prelude to much worse.

It saddens me to write this, and yet I cannot be silent in the face of such a brazenly ugly attempt to cash in on barely disguised anti-Muslim sentiment, especially since his proposal would penalize large numbers of perfectly innocent people, young people whose only “crime” is to want to come to America. The Paul campaign should scrap the ad, pronto.

literatim
12-29-2007, 11:42 PM
I don't care who it rubs the wrong way.

me3
12-29-2007, 11:43 PM
I don't care who it rubs the wrong way.
No crap. I actually support the policy. Like changing the ad is going to change his position. :rolleyes:

Ron Paul Fan
Thank you freedomlover and davidhperry for supporting the ONLY candidate who wants to end the war in Iraq, repeal the Patriot Act, and doesn't want to nuke Iran! I guess some people just weren't familiar with Ron Paul's stances on some issues and are now just finding out that they didn't do enough research. Maybe Tucker was right. At least there are a few of us left who still believe in freedom!

PimpBlimp
rabble rabble rabble

N13
12-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Whatever. There are so many people on this forum who are emotional basket cases, I'm beginning to wonder if freedom is such a good idea anymore.

The amount of venom directed at the campaign, everything it does, it's starting to make me feel sick, like this movement is incapable of staying focused on what matters, in the 11th hour no less.

Filling the forum with endless bitching and negativity is a major downer for those of us trying to stay focused on a 50 state campaign, and looking for snippets of information from various grassroots threads.

Please, take your bitching to the campaign. I can only speak for myself, but I imagine there are people who agree with me on this, it's becoming a distraction in unproductive and demoralizing ways.

Go hand out some lit and call everyone you know to confirm they are registered and registered on the Ron Paul site. Do something to help the campaign win, not tear the campaign down minute by minute.

Yes, you're free to whine like a child but freedom also brings responsibility. I don't want to be subjected to the complaining anymore.

Yeah dude, you feel it too.

"Get a grip people." Learn and understand the pragmatic approach to life.

Crickett
12-29-2007, 11:52 PM
I totally agree with you, Ozzy

Fox McCloud
12-29-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm an ultra-conservative Libertarian-Constitutionalist....I have yet to find one thing Ron and I disagree on (after all, I view 100% Libertarianism as dangerous, and it must be offset by some conservatism...but only a teeny tiny amount)...it's obvious Ron tows a similar line.

Either way, it's truly disturbing how people are abandoning Ron over small trivial things, such as "oh no! He doesn't believe in evolution" "Oh no he thinks the earth is 6000 years old "oh no, he's against immigration from countries with a high margin of terrorists" "oh no, he doesn't support the separation of church and state 100%" "oh no he says he supports the traditional definition of marriage". What will it be next? "Oh no, Ron Paul is a believer in Christ, we can't support him!"

I'm starting to lose faith in some Ron Paul supporters...they're jumping ship, despite the fact that Ron is easily the best candidate in this race...to abandon him over minor things here and there is...dare I say, "foolish".

There's only a few of us that agree with Ron Paul 100% (I guess it just so happened that our experiences in life, beliefs, and so on and so forth formed very very similar opinions) on this forums....we'll probably never be deterred from Ron. Sure, there's some of you that just mostly agree with him....or you agree with him more than anyone else...if that's the case, why would you be willing to abandon him over one issue.

It's your choice to leave his campaign or not...just stop and thinking about it really hard for a minute.....there's only 5 candidates in this ENTIRE race...both Republican and Democrat who aren't CFR.....the 2 democrats stand no chance (Gravel and Kucinich), and 1 of the 3 on the Republican side has dropped out.....and let's be honest...Duncan Hunter stands NO chance of winning.

Where does that leave us? Only one truly electable candidate who isn't part of the CFR....hmmm, even those who still support the "lesser of two evils" ideology (I abandoned this philosophy after the '04 elections), would probably agree that it be better to vote for someone with an honest voting record, sound ideas, and says things that are truthful over any of the other CFR maniacs.

*sigh*

paulitics
12-29-2007, 11:55 PM
I support Ron Paul 80%. I disagree with him on minimum wage, abortion (not high importance), and some aspects on the war on terror. We need to protect our borders, but finish the job in Arab and Pakistan, use special forces when necessary, and root out Al Quada, and investigate 911 incompetence, and intelligence incompetence and "mischief". He scores a B- on this.

I support any other politicain 0%. They are practically insane compared to Ron Paul. I'm not going to be some impractical idealist, and say this man does not stand for freedom because he is not 100% to my standards on every issue. The wording in the commecial could be better, but look at the big picture here. We do need to do a better job screening, esp those who can be breaking our laws.

noztnac
12-30-2007, 04:43 AM
The production quality is amazing. You're off your rockers if you thought that was "bad" quality.

And you are saying he should change his language, while at the same time getting mad at him for using strong language in the new ad?

Ron Paul has never equated terrorism with nations. That's the Bush doctrine.

noztnac
12-30-2007, 04:46 AM

I still support Ron Paul 100%. I am frustrated that the campaign is making ads that seem at odds with everything Ron Paul has stood for. There's no reason for Ron Paul to be alienating people. He doesn't have to pander.

JohnnyWrath
12-30-2007, 05:01 AM
Maybe he should say he hates god and he wants to import terrorists....that will get votes from republicans [sarcasm]

I thought the last two ads were the best yet...

no votes from mainstream republicans = Clinton back in the Whitehouse

smartguy911
12-30-2007, 05:08 AM
$23 million is not for ads only. I am liking the ads they are putting out now.

takadi
12-30-2007, 05:09 AM
It's obvious that the campaign has TERRIBLE common sense when it comes to marketing. Jeremiah black just came out with a new ad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD3zH...eature=related

See, it still appeals to traditional conservatives without being divisive like that idiotic Tancredo-like immigration ad.

Here's also an awesome "commercial" that could possibly be aired if people would donate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCSTHykU8dU

Well check it out you guys! Stop complaining about the official campaign. It's the grassroots that drives this thing, so invest in it!

http://operationnh.com/

constituent
12-30-2007, 05:15 AM
if you're really concerned, send them a copy of one of the following scripts, w/ your $2300 donation explaining why these would be better:

I: Down the Road

This requires three vehicles, four actors and very little camera work, three cameras total. CAMERA ONE (CAR A) that needs an active cameraman, CAMERA TWO mounted on the hood of a follow car, and CAMERA THREE (CAR B) mounted on the dash, only two cars will be in the commercial.

"CAR A" has a young couple in it, "CAR B" has an old couple in it.

Commercial Starts in CAR A, shot is looking down at a cell-phone whose browser is in a generic forum (representing of course a Ron Paul forum, it would help if the general appearance was like that of ronpaul2008.com on a cellphone).

the camera picks up from the phone's screen and moves backward so that it is facing out front of the car right between driver and passenger.

in the right third (out the passenger side window) you see a van pull up and slightly ahead of CAR A. This van is CAR B.

camera shot is then out the window of CAR A looking at an old couple in CAR B that looks really happy and is chatting it up.

voice of driver in CAR A: Hey, they're Ron Paul fans!

cut to CAMERA 2:

CAMERA 2 shows the rear bumper of both vehicles on a city highway side by side. the back of both vehicles are plastered in (or at least have one or two) ron paul for pres stickers. The audio is CAR A honk honk honk honk honking at the old folks in

cut to CAMERA 1:
Driver is waving and honking like crazy as camera moves in between driver and passenger and looks down at the cellphone screen.

Driver: (lightly, in jest) Ahhh, those crazy old folks, can't even hear us.

On the cellphone screen, passenger sends a text that says, "we're driving next to some old folks in a van w/ Ron Paul stickers right now!!!!!"

Driver: oh well. crazy old people, let's go.

On cellphone screen a text comes in that says, "is that you in the (whatever color, make) CAR A. as this is on screen, the passenger in CAR A says,

Passenger: Is that you in the (color, make) car?

CAMERA ONE pulls back from the cellphone to the split driver/passenger shot as the two look at each other kinda puzzled. cut to CAMERA THREE

CAMERA THREE is mounted on the dashboard of CAR B. Inside you hear the radio,

"if you google Ron Paaaauuul, if you google Ron Paaaauuul." and you see the old folks, driver and passenger waving out the window.

cut back and forth from CAMERA THREE to CAMERA ONE, audio is a fade from the old people laughing to the young people laughing. Cut to CAMERA TWO

CAMERA TWO looking from behind sees the stickers prominently in the shot as CAR A speeds away and both cars drive off, follow car applies brake to allow both CAR A and CAR B to pull off into the sunset.

II: Jogging Grandmas

This one is about two old women who meet up to go "jogging" but they're really trying to keep it under wraps that they're guerilla style Ron Paul supporters... so they sneak out w/ a sign and hop in a van... go and hang the sign over the freeway during rush hour traffic... run into either their husbands, or some young people, whoever. They setup the Ron Paul banner across the overpass, and begin broadcasting guerilla radio, or bullhorning the the traffic below.

Script:
Grandma #1 in workout clothes walks up a sidewalk to the door ::in a type of townhouse complex, i have a particular one in mind.. will describe in more detail if necessary:: rings doorbell.

Grandma #2 (workout clothes) opens the door.

Grandma #1: are you ready?

Grandma #2: of course.

Grandma #1: do you have the... trails off

Grandma #2: yea uh... right here ::she does that shifty eye thing and reaches
behind the door. Just take this.

Grandma #2 hands Grandma #1 two signs rolled together to obscure their contents. the two old ladies, carry the flags off like a body and run away looking sneaky to Grandma #1's van parked up the road. The two get in and floor it.

camera fades out

camera comes back in as Grandma #1 slams the van in park off the side of a busy access road. the two old ladies get out A-team style and grab the signs... unfurling them, they look proudly (guiltily) at each other and jog to an overpass. When the two arrive, they see two other people (old men, young people, whoever... dressed ninja style or something) who've arrived with their Ron Paul banner and loudspeaker.

The two parties make eye contact and both see each other's Ron Paul banners... smile and wave as the two old ladies begin jogging back and forth waiving their banners, and the others setup their station in the middle of the overpass to blast their message. Below gridlocked traffic.

As the camera moves away from the overpass and glides over the stalled traffic an announcer could say anything relevant to the campaign and local events taking place.

::edit:: better yet, have it be their husbands all dressed in fishing gear.

III: Grassroots vs. Official

CAMERA 1

City Street framed by tall buildings, standing on opposite sides of the street
are two "armies."

Army #1 Consists of men and women in business suits all prim and propers,
talking on the cell phones etc. w/ a few notable campaign faces in the front of
the crowd. In the back you see the standard style Ron Paul 2008 signs like
battle flags above their heads

Army#2 Consists of men and women in all sorts of clothes, casual, black, etc.
and they have the R 3VO_| ution signs in the back.

You see the eye to eye old western bit between a couple people in the front of Army #2 and then a couple of people in Army #1 (pref. campaign staff). The shot cuts back and forth back and forth, and the two "armies" begin charging at each other up the street.

CAMERA 2

looking up street intersecting where the two armies will collide. Up the road, across the fated intersection you can make out a figure in a business suit
(could that be ron paul?). the camera pulls a bad ass action movie dolly ride through the intersection just spining around and stopping as the two "armies" collide in the middle.

there's shirt grabbing, the whole bit going on, when suddenly their is a loud whistling noise and the sound stops. everyone looks at the camera, the camera turns around looking at Ron Paul.

Ron Paul signals to the two armies to follow him and they follow him up the road.

Are you seeing the pattern? This dovetails with the “Blue Sky (#5)” as well as the “Jogging Grandmas,” which collides with the “Grassroots vs. Official” and the “Down the Road” commercials during the following:

IV: Commercial - Convergence

Camera One: This one begins inside the young people’s (Down the Road Commercial, DTRC) car as they are continuing up the freeway after passing their counterparts in the previous commercial. One is humming “if you gooooogle ron pauauaual.” The driver speaks:

“Hey (pronoun), Check that out on the overpass, (reading sign) ‘Big Event.’”

Camera Two: Side Angle on the overpass looks at characters (Jogging Grandmas) as they are taking down their sign and packing up to leave.

Camera looks down below the overpass, as the young people’s (DTRC) vehicle passes honking underneath.

As they (grandmas) are looking down, the (Grassroots vs. Official) mob envelops them, and they begin walking up the street with the crowd. The crowd crosses the street.

Camera Three: Lady (Blue Sky) walks out of corner house with little red wagon and two children as the crowd’s last stragglers are moving past. A van (vehicle two DTRC) passes by and honks briefly at the mother, commercial closes as mother watches the van drive off, with multiple Ron Paul for President stickers on the back.

V: Commercial – Blue Sky

on screen:

a blue sky, wind, first autumn leaves...

close up shot of hippie mom's (R 3Vo_| ution shirt) face as she pulls away from setting her two kids in a little red wagon (wood slated sides), says "I love you guys."

panning out... she grabs her man's hand and they take off walking up the road as camera pulls further out and into a passing car.

Inside car man is listening to a Ron Paul song or something upbeat, you see his face smiling as camera spins around over his shoulder and back out the window.

camera behind car sees ron paul bumper sticker and spins as car pulls into the driveway (left). man in car's wife is visible in left third of the shot running toward car in Ron Paul shirt w/ her kids in tow (ron paul shirts). Husband pops out of the door and asks, "we're not late are we."

wife replies... "no no no, just hurry. come on kids, let's go." Lady tosses shirt to husband who fumbles with it as he gets into the car and they back out of the driveway.

camera follows car momentarily and then zooms straight ahead, up the road into a town square situation. as the camera moves up the road, you see people exiting their homes, a church lets out, more families and young people all converging on some spot ahead... the crowd gets increasingly dense. A young person (Internet Rockstar shirt) turns around and waves to the camera.

It is increasingly clear that some sort of event is taking place, but when the camera gets to the middle of town, there is no event, only people talking and laughing and shaking hands. some people picking up trash ::you know some volunteer activity going on:: music has been building all along and crescendos as the camera moves overhead panning out up into space (you see a huge crowd below clogging all entrances to the town center, RP in the middle).

Then as the camera moves away and the lights fade, with text and perhaps a voice,

Narrator: Something big is happening, but you won't see it watching t.v. The world is changing one person at a time. Guess what? You're Next.

Be Alive.

Be Free.

::Ron Paul Logo::

Hope for America

Be a Part of it.

takadi
12-30-2007, 05:18 AM
Why doesn't the campaign hold ad/script competitions?

I wonder how a Paul administration is going to be like if the campaign is so damn disconnected from its supporters

LibertyEagle
12-30-2007, 05:19 AM
Lets put this $23 mil thing on hold for now.

What? :eek: On hold? The campaign said they need the money now. I don't exactly think it is a good idea to just put it on hold.

LibertyEagle
12-30-2007, 05:20 AM
I wonder how a Paul administration is going to be like if the campaign is so damn disconnected from its supporters

It will adhere to the Constitution. Which will be something that none of us have probably experienced in our lifetimes.

takadi
12-30-2007, 05:20 AM
What? :eek: On hold? The campaign said they need the money now. I don't exactly think it is a good idea to just put it on hold.

I'd rather donate to the liberty PAC or operation nh

dave_mack33
12-30-2007, 05:22 AM
the last commercial idea is the best. it represents the revolution best especially with the one person at a time, be a part of it.

any chance hq will use it?

and personally, i'm very glad that the campaign is almost up to $19 million. it's worth it to get the $23 million more in six weeks. yeah it sounds next to impossible but i've never been more proud to belong to something so important.

it's worth it. Hope for America.... Be part of it ;)

takadi
12-30-2007, 05:24 AM
the last commercial idea is the best. it represents the revolution best especially with the one person at a time, be a part of it.

any chance hq will use it?

Probably not.

The official campaign has enough money. Let the free market do its thing. Jeremiah black and other grassroots efforts obviously have superior marketing skills.

Donate to operation nh instead. I'm sure there are other PAC's or companies like the LLC which we can donate to

Alex Libman
12-30-2007, 05:25 AM
Quit trolling, Ruby! Ads are an important part of the equation, and so are the many other things the campaign needs to spend money on!

austin356
12-30-2007, 05:28 AM
There's only a few of us that agree with Ron Paul 100%

I'm one:D:D:D

agree 100% of the time. (though have personal intellectual indecisions about capital punishment).

free.alive
12-30-2007, 05:33 AM
You people who tout the Jeremiah Black, on-dimensional, limited focus/appeal ads over the calculated ads the campaign is producing simply haven't a clue. The ads are working wonders. From the very first ad to the last. This new one will be no exception. The first ad was intentionally the quality and feel it was for a reason.

If you want to see great campaign ads, check our "there's a bear in the woods" or "morning in america." Compare the style and feel of those ads with Ron Paul's.

(bear in the woods is simply a work of art!)

LibertyEagle
12-30-2007, 05:37 AM
Probably not.

The official campaign has enough money.

How are you judging that? Do you have any idea of how much of that 18 million they have already spent? Without money, how are they going to open up the many campaign offices they need to across the country? Without money, how are they going to air radio ads and place newspaper ads?

Our TV commercials are better, yes, I agree, and we need to fund them. But, there is far more to running a campaign than just TV ads.

free.alive
12-30-2007, 05:40 AM
Takadi, looking at your post history, you seem to lack the positivity and enthusiasm of the typical Ron Paul supporter.

Put things into perspective and see how much more than half full the glass is than it has been, recognize how far we've come.

It can't hurt to give the impression that you're part of this movement other than having reasons to complain about things.

I'm sure you're working hard over there, so please don't allow yourself to sound like such a troll.

rodent
12-30-2007, 05:41 AM

I'm really not digging your negative vibe, man. You got your words in on this immigration thing on a lot of other threads, but I think you've gone too far.

I am starting to think you are a divisive troll.

takadi
12-30-2007, 05:44 AM
If you guys can't afford to put a fire under the campaign's ass simply because you're too afraid of damaging its credibility, you guys are mistaken. They do that on their own.

I've donated 600 dollars to the campaign. That is an arm and a leg with my income. If they are going to use my money on terrible divisive ads, I'm going to encourage others to donate elsewhere. I have every damn right to complain

The campaign's ads have gotten nothing but criticism. The operation nh ads have gotten nothing but praise. Guess which one is better?

I'm doing my part, but just because I don't spend my entire life on these forums to grovel at the campaign's feet and praise their every move doesn't mean I'm not doing my part or even trolling.

I have nothing but respect for Ron Paul. But my goal is to get him elected and, at the same time, I'm not gonna fail in my principles as well. Ron is still one person, and part of being eternally vigiliant is being skeptical of our candidates.

And if the campaign is failing to be effective, why allow them to be the monopoly? It's obvious that the competition is so much better

Revolution9
12-30-2007, 06:09 AM

For a young lad you are very astute. Fuck pandering and targeting ads to whiners. The world is not a happy place and is not filled with puppy dogs and rainbows. There are some mind you, and we are looking for a larger quota of aforesaid items but as it stands today in the stark shadow of the sneeringly infarcted VP and his bozo the drooldonkey prez sidekick..well..

Best Regards
Randy

wildflower
12-30-2007, 06:17 AM
If you guys can't afford to put a fire under the campaign's ass simply because you're too afraid of damaging its credibility, you guys are mistaken. They do that on their own.

I've donated 600 dollars to the campaign. That is an arm and a leg with my income. If they are going to use my money on terrible divisive ads, I'm going to encourage others to donate elsewhere. I have every damn right to complain

The campaign's ads have gotten nothing but criticism. The operation nh ads have gotten nothing but praise. Guess which one is better?

I'm doing my part, but just because I don't spend my entire life on these forums to grovel at the campaign's feet and praise their every move doesn't mean I'm not doing my part or even trolling.

I have nothing but respect for Ron Paul. But my goal is to get him elected and, at the same time, I'm not gonna fail in my principles as well. Ron is still one person, and part of being eternally vigiliant is being skeptical of our candidates.

And if the campaign is failing to be effective, why allow them to be the monopoly? It's obvious that the competition is so much better

If you feel so strongly about it, why not get in touch with the campaign directly, instead of posting a negative, inflammatory thread that everyone on the world wide web can read? :rolleyes:

Also, this statement is simply not true:

The campaign's ads have gotten nothing but criticism.

Plenty of people have said that the last few ads have been great (aside from the controversy over the wording on the latest one) and have improved from the earlier ads.

takadi
12-30-2007, 06:21 AM
If you feel so strongly about it, why not get in touch with the campaign directly, instead of posting a negative, inflammatory thread that everyone on the world wide web can read? :rolleyes:

Of course I haven't thought of that! *smacks head* /sarcasm

The campaign rarely listens to dissenters. Or else I wouldn't be so damn frustrated

Revolution9
12-30-2007, 06:34 AM
Geez, between the "terrorist nations" (whatever happened to "terrorism is a tactic"?),

Pakistan is now a terrorist nation if not so prior. It executed Bhutto to consolidate dictatorial powers. It trains terrorists with terrorism tactics. It is a government that uses this tactic and therefore by logics necessity it is labeled as a terrorist nation. Terrorism is criminal gangsterism sponsored by states or by huge money interests. So if you run these style of ops then you should be designated a criminal gangster and dealt with appropriately. If the citizens of your country want access to American education then by God, you better get your fricking act together. The designation of criminal status amongst the world of nations is not a permanent designation. Change your tune and have the police do the appropriate policing actions in your country and we can talk.

If there is a crackhouse down the block I would be a fool to ignore that fact and let the denizens of that den of iniquity prowl my yard or house. I could care less the crackhead planned to give up his addiction after he stole my shit.

Best
Randy

thuja
12-30-2007, 06:40 AM

so many youtube ads are better and more inspiring! i agree to call the others crap ads.

i hope they do more stylish work soon.

grfgerger
12-30-2007, 06:42 AM
he's catching on, i'm tellin ya

Kingfisher
12-30-2007, 06:46 AM
It would be impossible to have an ad that didnt displease someone. I think its a good ad. Someone thinks its a bad ad. But whats the point of wasting time arguing about it?

freelance
12-30-2007, 06:56 AM

Amen to that!

I don't agree with 100% of Ron Paul's positions, but I support him 100%. I don't think there's anything that could change my mind, unless he did a 180-degree turn. I can't imagine agreeing with 100% of anyone's positions!

Freedom and reclaiming our country are all that matter to me at this point. Without that, we have NOTHING! Can you name any other candidate out there who stands behind freedom and reclaiming our country the way Ron Paul does? I cannot imagine any true supporter changing his or her tune and voting for anyone else. If they do, then they never got it in the first place.

Paulbot_9876
12-30-2007, 07:05 AM

at first the ad was a bit iffy to me but good....the immagration ad that is....but after i watched it couple times....it is a great ad....how many average joe blue collar worker gives a sh!@ if students come here from another country or not???
we been brain washed to think we are the whole world.... we are not the whole world...we are a country...we are americans...i do not want to be as other countries....i want to be independant and stand out as our own....we have been having our thoughts massaged to accept that we are one as every country...
its ok to think out side the box but not out side our country....we are our own and have forgotten this.....they act like these other countries are part of america and we have to get involved...they act like other people from other country are americans....they are not in any way shape or form part of our country....

takadi
12-30-2007, 07:07 AM
I personally am not too upset by this.

What I'm upset about is that it'll piss off potential independent votes and cross-over votes, especially the ones who already hopped on the bandwagon. I've witnessed 4 supporters already "withdraw" their support until they dropped this ad.

Yes it'll get the six pack joe's vote, but at what cost?

Paulbot_9876
12-30-2007, 07:17 AM

What I'm upset about is that it'll piss off potential independent votes and cross-over votes, especially the ones who already hopped on the bandwagon. I've witnessed 4 supporters already "withdraw" their support until they dropped this ad.

the cost of saving lifes and help prevent another attack...maybe that should be talked about with this ad....the terrorist was from other countries with visas...

Pete
12-30-2007, 08:08 AM
I think the immigration ad is perfect. It will prompt discussion, and in that discussion Dr. Paul will shine, per usual.

What the hell are we doing, conducting a WOT© with open borders? And if Congress designates countries as being sponsors of terror, what are we doing accepting students from those countries? Dr. Paul will annihilate his opponents in exploring these inconsistencies. Under a Ron Paul administration, the 'terrorist' designation would not last for long, I would imagine, nor would trade policies that put two million small Mexican farms out of work. Remember, one important tactic of his is opening with a seemingly outrageous statement, then backing it up with a well-reasoned and nuanced argument.

As far as the quality of the campaign's ads go, I think they have all been great, from the amateurish "He's catching on" to the tabloid quality of this one. They break from monotonous slickness and glitz, and really grab attention.

thuja
12-30-2007, 08:20 AM

i hope you can convince them of these excellent ideas.

LibertyEagle
12-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Amen to that!

I don't agree with 100% of Ron Paul's positions, but I support him 100%. I don't think there's anything that could change my mind, unless he did a 180-degree turn. I can't imagine agreeing with 100% of anyone's positions!

Freedom and reclaiming our country are all that matter to me at this point. Without that, we have NOTHING! Can you name any other candidate out there who stands behind freedom and reclaiming our country the way Ron Paul does? I cannot imagine any true supporter changing his or her tune and voting for anyone else. If they do, then they never got it in the first place.

QFT

Sometimes it makes me wonder if Paul is falling off the untouchable pedestal that some people had him on. In my opinion, that's a good thing. After all, he is a man; not a saint. But, he is a man who loves his country, has tremendous integrity and honesty and will work his heart out to put our country back on track. I don't agree with him on every single issue, but I am behind him 100%.

GO, RON, GO!!!!

LibertyEagle
12-30-2007, 08:34 AM

Takadi, then contact the campaign and at least attempt to express to them your rationale as to why they should drop the student visa point from the ad.

voytechs
12-30-2007, 08:38 AM
You guys don't get it. :( Someone long time ago posted about the topic of ad quality. This guy was a advertising guru. He said this was all part of the master plan. The campaign purposely produces cheap looking ads in the beginning to make it look down to earth, not polished. :confused: This is the first step, just to get some recognition out there, not to turn heads or voters, not yet at least. :confused: Then towards the end the ads get much much better quality showing people how much the campaign has grown. :D The voters that have not made up their minds yet (which is majority) are now going to be hit with a barrage of super high quality ads, with very strong and targeted messages, like the immigration ads. Heads are turning, exactly how its supposed to play out. ;)

This is one of the best ways to expose people to new ideas and products (Dr. Paul in this case.) So stop whining unless you sit in the campaign strategy meetings and you are whissle blower and have something significant to say.

Same thing goes for poll numbers. The campaign has been saying all along they are exactly where they want to be, under the radar most of this time. The perverbial shit hits the fan after Christmas which it has, we've risen into double digits, and they still grossly underestimate our turn out, we've got a rock solid war chest for the first states, swat poll monitoring teams :eek:, etc, etc..

Now lets figure out how give the man what he needs! :)

TruckinMike
12-30-2007, 08:39 AM
TruckinMike Speaks...

The immigration ad is GREAT!

And I have been very critical of other ads in the past. -- But this one has the strength that the others lacked. It is powerful, and it will be very effective.

TMIKE

Menthol Patch
This was a fantastic ad! We need to all get behind the official campaign if we are going to win!

mbrebstock
the most important thing is - with ron paul as president there are no terrorists left. everybody loves america again and all students are allowed to get a visa.

and not only that. with ron paul as president there will be less taxes, less welfare and more prosperity and a huge need of people who want to immigrate legally and nobody could ever be opposed to any hard working immigrant who wants to help the nation becoming even better and more prosperous.

i think ron pauls position is as following:

america caused hate from all over the world with their useless wars. this should be changed. no more useless wars. until there are still a lot of people out there who dont like america because they lost some family members in a war as a civilian you should be a little suspicious who you let in.

you have to handle it the same way as you would with your e.g. restaurant. if there is the son of a father who was killed by your grandfather - you probably don't let him in -because you think its too dangerous. as long as you let anybody else in this is not perfectly safe - because this son could have a friend who comes to your restaurant to kill you - but you feel more safe.

Ozwest
12-30-2007, 08:40 AM
You guys don't get it. :( Someone long time ago posted about the topic of ad quality. This guy was a advertising guru. He said this was all part of the master plan. The campaign purposely produces cheap looking ads in the beginning to make it look down to earth, not polished. :confused: This is the first step, just to get some recognition out there, not to turn heads or voters, not yet at least. :confused: Then towards the end the ads get much much better quality showing people how much the campaign has grown. :D The voters that have not made up their minds yet (which is majority) are now going to be hit with a barrage of super high quality ads, with very strong and targeted messages, like the immigration ads. Heads are turning, exactly how its supposed to play out. ;)

This is one of the best ways to expose people to new ideas and products (Dr. Paul in this case.) So stop whining unless you sit in the campaign strategy meetings and you are whissle blower and have something significant to say.

Same thing goes for poll numbers. The campaign has been saying all along they are exactly where they want to be, under the radar most of this time. The perverbial shit hits the fan after Christmas which it has, we've risen into double digits, and they still grossly underestimate our turn out, we've got a rock solid war chest for the first states, swat poll monitoring teams :eek:, etc, etc..

Now lets figure out how give the man what he needs! :)
+1

Menthol Patch
12-30-2007, 08:40 AM
TruckinMike Speaks...

The immigration ad is GREAT!

And I have been very critical of other ads in the past. -- But this one has the strength that the others lacked. It is powerful, and it will be very effective.

TMIKE

I agree! It's one of the best ads I have seen yet!

I am especially glad it addressed birthright citizenship.

acroso
12-30-2007, 08:42 AM
I love laughing at libs.

Ron Paul's new ad roxors.

Deport the illegal aliens, kill the terrorists, destroy the IRS!

Charles Wilson
12-30-2007, 08:52 AM
I received the same email that most of you received and I will post my response below. Do you folks realize the seriousness of what is at stake here?

Folks, as you know, we are in a war with the MSM and the neocons. They control how much free access we have in the press on the national level. With that in mind, I urge you to seek Federal matching funds. If Ron Paul had received equal free access in the MSM I would not be suggesting this. We can use those funds to try and de-program the public. The massive propaganda used by the neocons to brainwash the public following 9/11 is staggering.

I see this election as a life or death struggle for Democracy in this country. If Ron Paul does not win this election then the Elite power brokers will consolidate their power and we will never have another chance to take our country back at the ballot box in a peaceful revolution.

Neoconservative is just another name for Fascism. Fascism has arrived in America wrapped in an American flag. Various scholars attribute different characteristics to fascism, but the following elements are usually seen as its integral parts: nationalism, statism, militarism, totalitarianism, anti-communism, corporatism, populism, collectivism, and opposition to political and economic liberalism.

Fraudulent Elections: Sometimes elections in fascist nations are a complete sham. Other times elections are manipulated by smear campaigns against or even assassination of opposition candidates, use of legislation to control voting numbers or political district boundaries, and manipulation of the media. Fascist nations also typically use their judiciaries to manipulate or control elections. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism.

I will be donating another 100 dollars tomorrow but that will max me out.

Regards

Charles F. Wilson

P.S. After watching part of the interview between Tim Russert and Huckabee this morning I realize that Fascism has arrived in America wrapped in an American flag carrying a cross. I am a born again Christian and know a phony when I see one. It appears that Huckabee was coached. Tim Russert threw him soft balls and coddled him -- Huckabee is their man!

thuja
12-30-2007, 09:08 AM
I received the same email that most of you received and I will post my response below. Do you folks realize the seriousness of what is at stake here?

Folks, as you know, we are in a war with the MSM and the neocons. They control how much free access we have in the press on the national level. With that in mind, I urge you to seek Federal matching funds. If Ron Paul had received equal free access in the MSM I would not be suggesting this. We can use those funds to try and de-program the public. The massive propaganda used by the neocons to brainwash the public following 9/11 is staggering.

I see this election as a life or death struggle for Democracy in this country. If Ron Paul does not win this election then the Elite power brokers will consolidate their power and we will never have another chance to take our country back at the ballot box in a peaceful revolution.

Neoconservative is just another name for Fascism. Fascism has arrived in America wrapped in an American flag. Various scholars attribute different characteristics to fascism, but the following elements are usually seen as its integral parts: nationalism, statism, militarism, totalitarianism, anti-communism, corporatism, populism, collectivism, and opposition to political and economic liberalism.

Fraudulent Elections: Sometimes elections in fascist nations are a complete sham. Other times elections are manipulated by smear campaigns against or even assassination of opposition candidates, use of legislation to control voting numbers or political district boundaries, and manipulation of the media. Fascist nations also typically use their judiciaries to manipulate or control elections. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism.

I will be donating another 100 dollars tomorrow but that will max be out.

Regards

Charles F. Wilson

P.S. After watching part of the interview between Tim Russert and Huckabee this morning I realize that Fascism has arrived in America wrapped in an American flag carrying a cross. I am a born again Christian and know a phony when I see one. It appears that Huckabee was coached. Tim Russert threw him soft balls and coddled him -- Huckabee is their man!

yes, this is all very very serious, and we should wok harder than ever for Dr Paul. if that person wins anything our country and our lives will be much worse of than now,even.

skeryl
12-30-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by voytechs View Post
You guys don't get it. Someone long time ago posted about the topic of ad quality. This guy was a advertising guru. He said this was all part of the master plan. The campaign purposely produces cheap looking ads in the beginning to make it look down to earth, not polished. This is the first step, just to get some recognition out there, not to turn heads or voters, not yet at least. Then towards the end the ads get much much better quality showing people how much the campaign has grown. The voters that have not made up their minds yet (which is majority) are now going to be hit with a barrage of super high quality ads, with very strong and targeted messages, like the immigration ads. Heads are turning, exactly how its supposed to play out.

Same thing goes for poll numbers. The campaign has been saying all along they are exactly where they want to be, under the radar most of this time. The perverbial shit hits the fan after Christmas which it has, we've risen into double digits, and they still grossly underestimate our turn out, we've got a rock solid war chest for the first states, swat poll monitoring teams , etc, etc..

Now lets figure out how give the man what he needs!

+100

peter_lifton
12-30-2007, 09:59 AM
I loved the ad. It appealed to CONSERVATIVE LIBERTARIANS - i.e. ME. Many Ron Paul supporters are liberal libertarians who enjoy what immigration has done to the country (i.e. anti-nationalist anarchists)

No visas for people from countries where political bombings are common. i.e. the middle east. What is wrong with saying "NO!" to Arabs wanting to entry the US? I can't go to Saudi Arabia and neither can you, student visa or not.

The Federal government should be able to decide who comes into this country and so far they have done NOTHING to prevent 25 million illegal immigrants from INVADING the southern border. Ron Paul will change all that, not as well as Tancedo would have but Ron Paul is excellent on ALL the issues.

Why do we need student visas for people from Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iran etc. We need more AMERICAN engineers, doctors, scientists.

Thomas Paine
12-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Getting Ron Paul elected as President is more important than you can possibly imagine. This country is headed for a train wreck and of all the presidential candidates, Ron Paul is the only person who can stop the train wreck before it happens. If the Ron Paul campaign needs $23 Million more, then its time for everyone who wants to preserve this nation for future generations to open up their wallets, make some financial sacrifice, and pony up.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/80fa0a2c-49ef-11dc-9ffe-0000779fd2ac.html

Rex
12-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Why don't we get some production companies to donate free ads to the campaign??

michaelwise
12-30-2007, 11:06 AM

I'm royally turned off by the new immigration ad, and I'm sure others are too.We only have to change 1 word in the ad to make it perfect. Maybe you should change your name to Rudy Justice. Such a cry baby.

deedles
12-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Of course I haven't thought of that! *smacks head* /sarcasm

The campaign rarely listens to dissenters. Or else I wouldn't be so damn frustrated

Maybe going out and knocking on some doors and handing out some literature and telling people about Dr. Paul would help you vent some frustration....

deedles
12-30-2007, 11:13 AM

I will be donating another 100 dollars tomorrow but that will max be out.

Regards

Charles F. Wilson

You are 100% right. We are going to have to make up for what the campaign isn't going to get from the MSM. They've drawn the line, we only need to see it for ourselves. Everytime they try to marginalize him, he gains support. I think they've finally seen that the only thing that works is to absolutely ignore him. Black-balled. It's analagous to the old soviets air-brushing people out of books and pictures. Gone.

I will donate everything I can.

DirtMcGirt
12-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Can the campaign hire Edward Tufte?
http://www.edwardtufte.com/tufte/

gb13
12-30-2007, 11:20 AM
And, since this is a criticism of the official campaign, this thread will be moved to hot topics, or some other "free speech zone".

Geez, between the "terrorist nations" (whatever happened to "terrorism is a tactic"?), the expensive bureaucratic incompetence, and the herd mentality, this campaign looks each time more like the things we are supposed to be fighting.

Shut the fuck up. You sound like a complete moron. The heard mentality is rampant, but it is limited to those of you, yourself included, who jump down the campaign's throat every time they do some minuscule thing you don't like.

I can't believe a matter of word-choice has divided us to this degree. This fucking revolution doesn't need a bunch of high-schoolesque drama.

If you don't like RP anymore due to the wording of a millisecond phrase in one thirty second ad, get the fuck out.

Get over yourselves.

JimDude
12-30-2007, 11:20 AM
I think this is a fundamental flaw of the campaign. A lot of people have even said, winning is pretty much on the shoulders of the grassroots, yet, who is getting all the money? The offical campaign is!!

The Offical campaign has fallen short on numerous occassions. If we made a mistake, it was thinking HQ would somehow use it's money wisely. Despite mistakes they've made, people kept giving. Frankly, the campaign itself probably should of never tried to do anything, instead they should of leaned on their greatest tool, the grassroots. But instead, grassroots were often only mentioned as statistics or numbers. There needed to more cooperation between us and them. The best ads I ever saw were on Youtube. Not just 9 minutes, but excellent 30 second ads that actually appealed to people. There is a lot of creativity and intelligent in the grassroots, but it was rarely if ever utilized.

Just look at other campaigns, they've all made numberous mistakes and have done worst things than ours have. What were we thinking? We were all duped in believing that somehow the RP HQ would be perfect and do everything right, but we were wrong.

I think if there was a good offical campaign in the whole race, is was Mike Huckabee's. He had less 1/4 the money we have, yet with the little money he had, he managed to make excellent ads with Chuck Norris and suddenly, he shot up in the polls, and He got 10x more coverage than we did. That is EXACTLY what we needed to do, not use chuck norris, but come up with ad that was gonna get people to vote for us. There was a massive opportunity for us to take back our country, but we simply never came together to make a ad good enough.

twdahm
12-30-2007, 11:28 AM
i like the immigration ad i thinks it great.

amistybleu
12-30-2007, 11:30 AM
This is absolutely ridiculous, The President of the USA has a duty to protect the citizens of this nation and if there is a Country that has active terrorist cells within it's borders and that country is not destroying those cells then extending stundent visas to that country would be foolish. Any American, and rightfully so would be outraged if they had a family member killed by someone who recieved a student visa from a country that harbors or supports terrorist groups.

#1 is protecting American's

#2 is whatever else may be on the table

I think I speak for the majority here when I say we all want legal Immigration and the ability of forthright students to come here for an education but it MUST be handled in a manner that best meets the protection of Americans.

Illegal Immigration in this country has acconted for over 48,000 American deaths and our current President could give a rats ass, RP on the other hand would put American safety, American, Jobs, American prosperity, above all else.

This really cant be a problem, can it?

I assume you want to be safe in your own nation, So how does extending student visas to a Nation that has people in it that wish to kill Americans protect your security.

Corydoras
12-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Ron Paul has never equated terrorism with nations. That's the Bush doctrine.

It's the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961.

speciallyblend
12-30-2007, 12:12 PM
then produce your own ad and fund it,pretty simple

FreedomLover
12-30-2007, 12:15 PM
This is a dumb thread. Just because you didn't like one phrase in an ad targeted at iowa republicans, you throw a tantrum.

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Admitted, the ads got off to a bad start, but they've been getting a lot better. I think they're finally (FINALLY) hitting their stride.

I agree.

tamor
12-30-2007, 12:22 PM
You will never agree with HQ 100% of the time, none of us will. Remember their goal is not to make everyone happy. It is to get Ron Paul elected. Sometimes we have a limited view of things, but HQ sees the whole picture better than we do. But, if you can do better, make your own ads, pay for them, and get them on the air. Oh yeah, be sure to research your audience so you get the result you want.

ThePieSwindler
12-30-2007, 12:22 PM
the official campaign eats baby fetuses and drinks the blood of virgins :rolleyes:

Dude theyve done a great job with radio and many TV ads. Their first couple ads sucked, but since the first few its been mostly effective ads, but the most important thing about them is theyve gotten his name and message out, and in a place like Iowa its really paid off!
Rather than complaining about the official campaign, and rather than donating your money to it, donate your time to the grassroots by writing letters: http://www.louislogan.com/letters/index.asp , going door to door, talking to everyone you know, getting apathetic friends to register to vote for Ron Paul just "as a friend" and promise youll smoke them up on an eighth, buy them a night of beers, or take them to a strip club, if they help you out by voting for ron paul. Do whatever you can to get votes.

Alex Stern
12-30-2007, 05:35 PM
deleted.

Paulinista4TW
12-30-2007, 09:30 PM
ONE WORD! One word people are complaining about and they could have changed it to hostile nations or unfriendly nations. And we are NOT gong to shut up and sit down. I have also put and arm and a leg into the "official" campaign and I'm not going to sit quietly while they turn Ron into the candidate of fear instead of the candidate of hope. Upsetting 40% of Ron's hardcore supporters because of ONE WORD is not worth it. Lets see how this effects the New Years mini-bomb.

Ruby Justice
12-30-2007, 09:40 PM

DarkReign
12-30-2007, 10:07 PM
The problem here is that anyone who criticizes the campaign in any way, or suggests an alternative option to something is automatically labeled as a troll, and ignored. But they're just trying to help! C'mon, you sound like nationalists who yell at those who criticize the government for doing a bad job on something.

Nothing will get done if we don't listen to those with the complaints, and FIX them!

The ADS suck!

Name ONE person you know that became a Paul supporter after seeing an ad on TV. One.

And be honest, don't make up names, because I want to see what the effectiveness of these ADS is.