PDA

View Full Version : "I Voted for Ron Paul" T-shirts - Captured on Video on Primary Day

beachmaster
12-29-2007, 11:09 PM
I just reserved this domain after having a thought today as we were wrapping up a local sign waving (I always get inspired after a good sign waving when more and more people are honking for Ron Paul!).

Whether this will work or even make sense to others, I know not, but for the $10, I figured the domain would be a good one to secure.

It's too late for Iowa and NH of course, but what if hundreds of thousands (or even tens of thousands in the right precincts) of "I Voted for Ron Paul" tshirts could be put into the hands of (er, or onto the torsos of) Ron Paul voters in key precincts where they would be video monitored all day. I'm talking late January and Super Tuesday states here.

Sure if you can quickly get some out to Iowa and NH, great... perhaps someone else is already planning on it as I noticed "IVotedFORRonPaul.com" is already taken, though not developed yet. Maybe the website could be used after the fact for voters to submit an internet affidavit that they voted in "precinct 10, Jones County" or whatever.

If the average precinct has 1000 voters (I recall reading that somewhere, but don't hold me to that figure), wouldn't it look good if 30% percent of the voters were video taped coming out with their "I Voted for Ron Paul" tshirts or sweatshirts aimed at the cameras?

Wouldn't it even be better if local or national news media caught it? Of course the national media would edit it out, but nevertheless, it couldn't hurt us to have video documentation of the voters now could it?

The shirts would be promoted through the website and through these forums, meetup groups, myspace, etc.

IVoted4RonPaul.com

Input on this idea please... whacky, waste of time, or is it feasible and worthwhile? Be brutal, I can take it! lol

PaleoForPaul
12-30-2007, 10:43 AM
I don't think it would be a good idea.

I could see Paul supporters being harassed at the polls.

beachmaster
12-30-2007, 10:51 AM
I don't think it would be a good idea.

I could see Paul supporters being harassed at the polls.

Yes, this point was brought up here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=67260

I suggested that instead of Tshirts, Ron Paul supporters should enter the polling place in stealth, then EXIT the polling place holding up an "I Voted for Ron Paul" mini poster (which would be paper, folded up and in pocket during the stealth part of the voting process).

Seeing tons and tons of viral videos showing swarms of "I Voted for Ron Paul" signs might make the vote manipulators back down a little.

beachmaster
12-31-2007, 03:39 PM
So apparently my domain is not even worth a negative comment! lol

Damn, there goes another ten bucks! :)