PDA

View Full Version : How about a money bomb weekend?!

Menthol Patch
12-29-2007, 10:42 PM
I suggest we consider a money bomb weekend. It has been proven that money bombs are effective. They motivate people to donate who would ordinarily not do so. Additionally, it gets people excited so they donate more! A money bomb WEEKEND would combine the benefits of a money bomb with the following....

1) There would be more time to donate. It would be over a Saturday and Sunday instead of just ONE day. More time to donate means more time to convince people to participate. People watching a money bomb feel compelled to donate. I think a two day money bomb would help convince even MORE people to participate!

2) It would be easier on the campaign's servers. During the last money bomb their servers began to crash near the end of the day. I really think a two day money bomb would be a little bit more gentle on the servers while bringing in a LOT of money.

3) Instead of one day of fun we get two days of excitement!

My suggestion is that we should GO AHEAD with the New Years Even money bomb but should pick an EARLY weekend in January for this two day money bomb. Remember, the campaign needs this money EARLY so they can purchase the advertising they need!

What do all of you think?