PDA

View Full Version : $23 Million "Base Bomb"

RlxdN10sity
12-29-2007, 10:31 PM
hmmmm....man that is a sh*t ton more money. Once we blew past "$12 Million to Win" I was maxin and relaxin. i thought "he needs $12 million to win, he is gonna surely have $20 million by the end of the quarter so we can almost win twice. Now, apparently it is not enough. Arrrghhh.... I know we can do it.

How many people do we have on this forum? 3k? 10k? 20k? I think depending on how many core members we have here, figure 10k for this example. We could start a subforum with a list. Each member could commit to recruiting 20 new donors to donate a $100.00 each, or maybe you have a well off friend you've been slowly converting and is now ready to stand up for his country and he donates $1000.00 and you find 10 other people to donate $100.00 each. Basically, if there are 10k of us that are serious, then each of us commit to recruiting $2000.00 worth of donations in 2 or 3 weeks.

I think this is extremely possible. We just need some numbers on serious forum members and get some commitment. As each member who has committed to donor recruitment has satisfied his/her committment we need to mark them off in the subforum. Instead of pledging to donate, we need to pledge to recruit donors. This needs to be more of an "Expand the Base Bomb" or just "Base Bomb".

The effect of this is two fold.
1 - it satisfies the newest HQ request for donations in the matter of time we have.
2 - we greatly expand the base of support for Ron Paul in the General and hopefully for some of the Feb. 5 primaries.

We can do it folks, I think something along these lines is what we need to work toward. I think for this amount of money we need to move away from single day events and have more of a start day and end day. I know we promoted the hell out of the Tea Party, which was successful by nearly any definition, but we still did not pull off a $10 Million day. We need more of a 2 or 3 week "Base Bomb" or whatever catchy title we can come up with.

If any of you think this idea has merit, please make your suggestions and lets iron out the details and get it up and running.

adwads
12-29-2007, 10:32 PM
can u add some space or formatting or something?

RlxdN10sity
12-29-2007, 10:36 PM
I'm sorry. I am not sure what you mean. Should I make bold? Double space between lines?

RlxdN10sity
12-29-2007, 10:42 PM
can u add some space or formatting or something?

Is that better? I am not well versed in forum etiquette regarding spacing and formatting. If there is anything else I should do to make this less painful to read, please tell me.

Elwar
12-29-2007, 11:01 PM
all your base are belong to US

RlxdN10sity
12-29-2007, 11:49 PM
all your base are belong to US

LOL, man. Classic
Well, I gave it a go. Guess I'll do what I can out here and try to participate in whatever idea gets traction and encourage others to do the same.

pacelli
12-29-2007, 11:51 PM
Look. Ron Paul's Payday is the way to go here, in combination with moneybombs. Expand the base, the base might want to enter payday or moneybomb. Very good idea!

You got $30 for Dr. Paul for the next 6 weeks? It's 180 bucks total. If we can get enough people doing it, it is at least a steady flow for the campaign. Sign up for payday! This friday Dr. Paul gets paid.

T206
12-29-2007, 11:52 PM
I think we both have a similar idea...see my thread here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=68424

Highstreet
12-29-2007, 11:56 PM
hmmmm....man that is a sh*t ton more money. Once we blew past "$12 Million to Win" I was maxin and relaxin. i thought "he needs $12 million to win, he is gonna surely have $20 million by the end of the quarter so we can almost win twice. Now, apparently it is not enough. Arrrghhh.... I know we can do it.

How many people do we have on this forum? 3k? 10k? 20k? I think depending on how many core members we have here, figure 10k for this example. We could start a subforum with a list. Each member could commit to recruiting 20 new donors to donate a $100.00 each, or maybe you have a well off friend you've been slowly converting and is now ready to stand up for his country and he donates $1000.00 and you find 10 other people to donate $100.00 each. Basically, if there are 10k of us that are serious, then each of us commit to recruiting $2000.00 worth of donations in 2 or 3 weeks.

I think this is extremely possible. We just need some numbers on serious forum members and get some commitment. As each member who has committed to donor recruitment has satisfied his/her committment we need to mark them off in the subforum. Instead of pledging to donate, we need to pledge to recruit donors. This needs to be more of an "Expand the Base Bomb" or just "Base Bomb".

The effect of this is two fold.
1 - it satisfies the newest HQ request for donations in the matter of time we have.
2 - we greatly expand the base of support for Ron Paul in the General and hopefully for some of the Feb. 5 primaries.

We can do it folks, I think something along these lines is what we need to work toward. I think for this amount of money we need to move away from single day events and have more of a start day and end day. I know we promoted the hell out of the Tea Party, which was successful by nearly any definition, but we still did not pull off a $10 Million day. We need more of a 2 or 3 week "Base Bomb" or whatever catchy title we can come up with.

If any of you think this idea has merit, please make your suggestions and lets iron out the details and get it up and running.

I think all this has merit and should be done.

But I also think we are overanalyzing this.

Most GOP heavy hitters are waiting for the "Viability" proof from the first couple primaries. Once he gets in the Top 3 in both IA and NH, they will start rolling in.

Some media outlets have noticed this, and mentioned it. The big money in the GOP is waiting for the weathervane in this Primary season because the field is so divided.