PDA

View Full Version : Reaching $23 million is going to be a breeze.

ronpaul4pres
12-29-2007, 10:10 PM
We've been requested (http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2007/12/the-time-is-now.html) to raise $23 million. It's not too clear, but Kent suggests we need to do this in 6 weeks not 3 months! "Holy smokes!" was my initial reaction.

But, we can raise $23 million in 6 weeks - we just need a little organization.

There are 129,237 individual donors in Q4 (just click once on the right arrow on the flash object). Let's say over 3% are maxed out for a nice round 125,000 donors ready for the next 6 weeks.

If we divide $23 million by 125,000 donors, we each need to give $184 dollars. Divide that by the 6 week limit, and you get just over $30 per week. But, our base of donors keeps growing, so if we all donated $25 every Friday starting on Jan 4th, we'll make it just fine.

Who's with me?

bobmurph
12-29-2007, 10:12 PM
I agree. Ron Paul payday every Friday.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Gosh, we could end up with $30m total for Q5. That'd be something else.

Chester Copperpot
12-29-2007, 10:15 PM

I think you're right.. The payday is the way to go.. everybody can afford $30 a week.. no problem

B9vot3r
12-29-2007, 10:15 PM
check the other forum post on this. i agree that people are far more energized for huge pushes rather than more interval bursts. is it for the excitement ? maybe... but it hink most of all its because of the impossibility of the task at hand that gets people to push.

i really think that one big weekend donation orgyfest style deliverance will be the most productive... say perhaps starting Fridaynight/Satmorning the 19/20th and ending at 11:59 on 21'st (coincides with MLK day money bomb already).

i personally think 30 a week makes the most sense, but its the hardest to organize, and the graphs are showing that the large support of RP donors arent really there. not to make the 22M mark anyway.

Chester Copperpot
12-29-2007, 10:16 PM
The guy who started the payday thing is going to have an avalanche of pledgers now. haha

freedom-maniac
12-29-2007, 10:17 PM
We'd be in Hillary/Obama #'s then...wow.

Chester Copperpot
12-29-2007, 10:18 PM
check the other forum post on this. i agree that people are far more energized for huge pushes rather than more interval bursts. is it for the excitement ? maybe... but it hink most of all its because of the impossibility of the task at hand that gets people to push.

i really think that one big weekend donation orgyfest style deliverance will be the most productive... say perhaps starting Fridaynight/Satmorning the 19/20th and ending at 11:59 on 21'st (coincides with MLK day money bomb already).

i personally think 30 a week makes the most sense, but its the hardest to organize, and the graphs are showing that the large support of RP donors arent really there. not to make the 22M mark anyway.

We need the payday thing I think.. its like in the colonial days when they fired by rows at one time.. it kept up the sustained fire.. thats what we're doing in a fashion.

ronpaul4pres
12-29-2007, 10:20 PM

We cannot afford this any more. Doesn't everyone remember the campaign complaining about waiting until Dec 16th - thus Rudy's Reading List was born? They need constant money flowing in. With a small 6 weeks left, we don't have the time to wait.

The campaign needs constant money. Besides, we're talking about six $3+ million "money bombs". It'll be the first time in history a candidate got so many multi-million dollar money bombs. Our glory is not the money but getting Paul elected. Period.

Sey.Naci
12-29-2007, 10:22 PM
If you support Ron Paul's Payday, please add a blurb and link to it in your forum signature (also email signature, if that would be relevant), as in:

ronpaul4pres
12-29-2007, 10:29 PM
If you support Ron Paul's Payday, please add a blurb and link to it in your forum signature (also email signature, if that would be relevant), as in:

Great idea!

ronpaul4pres
12-29-2007, 10:37 PM
The guy who started the payday thing is going to have an avalanche of pledgers now. haha

He better be ready! :)

Jeremy
12-29-2007, 10:39 PM
But what if the tea party people think they've donated enough by donating once?

tsetsefly
12-29-2007, 10:39 PM

exactly , doesnt mean we cant also have ron paul payday...

tsetsefly
12-29-2007, 10:40 PM

if he does well in NH and Iowa(top 4) then that will motivate more people...

ronpaul4pres
12-29-2007, 10:42 PM

Valid point, but it should be more than likely to convince most everyone to spare $25-$30 each week for just the next 6 weeks. Let's not forget the amazing growth of donors we have.

Carole
12-29-2007, 10:43 PM
Folks, some thoughts.

$30 payday every week (one of the suggestions). Only problem is the fee/charge for transaction, is this right?

Larger donation every other week (some do first and third and some do second and fourth)

If it looks as though we are not meeting the requirement, then we could still plan a bomb to boost the total.

Thoughts?

ronpaul4pres
12-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Folks, some thoughts.

$30 payday every week (one of the suggestions). Only problem is the fee/charge for transaction, is this right?

Larger donation every other week (some do first and third and some do second and fourth)

If it looks as though we are not meeting the requirement, then we could still plan a bomb to boost the total.

Thoughts?

As I understand it, the credit card companies charge something like a $0.30 fee for all transactions plus 2% of the total amount. So, whether you donate $25 or $2,500, it doesn't make too much difference - the fees will be around 2% in both cases.

Liberty Star
12-29-2007, 11:02 PM
We've been requested (http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2007/12/the-time-is-now.html) to raise $23 million. It's not too clear, but Kent suggests we need to do this in 6 weeks not 3 months! "Holy smokes!" was my initial reaction.

There are 129,237 individual donors in Q4 (just click once on the right arrow on the flash object). Let's say over 3% are maxed out for a nice round 125,000 donors ready for the next 6 weeks.

If we divide $23 million by 125,000 donors, we each need to give $184 dollars. Divide that by the 6 week limit, and you get just over $30 per week. But, our base of donors keeps growing, so if we all donated $25 every Friday starting on Jan 4th, we'll make it just fine.

Who's with me?

I hope that's the case but I doubt $23 will be reached with the kind of ad they just released labeling other nationas as 'terrorist nations'. They are alienating some supporters unnecessarily.

ronpaul4pres
12-29-2007, 11:17 PM
I hope that's the case but I doubt $23 will be reached with the kind of ad they just released labeling other nationas as 'terrorist nations'. They are alienating some supporters unnecessarily.

Wow! I really didn't think it that big of an issue, but, apparently, it is.

Is there any denial that certain nations foster terrorism against us (either intentionally or not)? I think we can all agree about that. So, a "terrorist nation" label seems fair.

Of course, you and I both would like to see no such label applied to any nation. I feel Ron Paul is the best person to help lessen terrorism (at least against America) because he's the only one talking about the true causes (which means to say he's the only one who has solutions). Thus, he will help to remove at least some of those labels.

Agreed?

pacelli
12-29-2007, 11:22 PM
I think the key will be the frequency of paydays, the loss in service charge is something we've always had to deal with - so it shouldn't discourage us from keeping it rolling.

I think we'll let the bombs work themselves out, but since the good Dr. is working, he should have a good paycheck almost immediately.

We need to find out how many people are honestly able to donate $30 for the next 6 weeks, or, $180 total per person.

With the number of people signed up already - 419 -, donating $30 / week for 6 weeks, our final total will be $75,420. This is not on the path set out by the payday which was to raise $500,000 per week.

If we had - 2800 - donors signed up to donate $30 / week for 6 weeks, we'd end up giving $504,000 per week, with a final total of 3.02 million dollars.

10,000 donors, $30 / week, end total is 10,800,000.

If we want to use the payday model, we are really going to need to have at least 2800 people committed to the project.

I'm in. I'm still going to be a part of our moneybombs though :)

pacelli
12-29-2007, 11:29 PM

Well that will clearly increase numbers of people who haven't maxed out, we just need folks to think about it, see if $180 total works for them to be a part of the payday. Signing up is very important because if the payday looks like it'll be short ahead of time, we can really get behind the moneybomb for that week.

If we had 10,000 people signed up, we'd make half of the 23 million goal. The rest of the moneybombs should take care of the other half. This is all speculative though, how do folks feel financially about all of this? lol.

Yom
12-29-2007, 11:41 PM
HQ realizes that $23 million in 1/4 a quarter's time is crazy, right? That's basically around the Q1 numbers (always the biggest) that Hillary and Obama (not combined) got! We're going to have to encourage a lot of new people to donate. We can't rely on just a "few" (and I use that very relatively) supporters donating a lot in order to meet those goals.

Johncjackson
12-29-2007, 11:43 PM
They are asking for $23 Million EXTRA, not total. The plea states $23 million more than they currently have.

Ronin
12-30-2007, 12:02 AM
They are asking way too much. WTF? This is a cop out and excuse to say we didn't have enough money. I don't mean to be negative and I support the movement 100%, but WTF do they expect. 23 million is crazy in 1 month. I mean lets be real. Sending them 1million on Feb 15th means nothing.

ronpaul4pres
12-30-2007, 12:18 AM
They are asking way too much. WTF? This is a cop out and excuse to say we didn't have enough money. I don't mean to be negative and I support the movement 100%, but WTF do they expect. 23 million is crazy in 1 month. I mean lets be real. Sending them 1million on Feb 15th means nothing.

Well, that's what many of us said about the $12 million goal for Q4 when they announced it. It seemed "crazy" high at the time, but just look where we are now! Or even the last week in Q3: they asked for $500K and got over $1M. I've gotten used to us surpassing the goals.

Small correction to your post: it's needed over 6 weeks not 1 month.

beobeli
12-30-2007, 12:36 AM
How about we each contribute $200 two days before NH - a single day $23M "money bomb". That way the money would be in early and the campaign can do their planning. Besides this would solidify our determination going into NH, and "bomb" any negative efforts by Faux News.

If you can't afford $200, find two to three friend/family/people who have not donated previously and three/four of you could donate $50-$65 each. If you can afford $200, still try to find additional people that could donate $50-100. (They may be "scared" to donate more than that to a political campaign, especially if they have not done this previously). We must be thinking of this multiplier.

Ratchet it up -- find new people to pitch in. Work within your circle of contacts

ronpaul4pres
12-30-2007, 01:12 AM
How about we each contribute $200 two days before NH - a single day $23M "money bomb". That way the money would be in early and the campaign can do their planning. Besides this would solidify our determination going into NH, and "bomb" any negative efforts by Faux News.

If you can't afford $200, find two to three friend/family/people who have not donated previously and three/four of you could donate $50-$65 each. If you can afford $200, still try to find additional people that could donate $50-100. (They may be "scared" to donate more than that to a political campaign, especially if they have not done this previously). We must be thinking of this multiplier.

Ratchet it up -- find new people to pitch in. Work within your circle of contacts

What's wrong with six $3.8 million donation "pay" days? It's much easier to get your average Joe/Jane to commit to $25 in one week.

Trigonx
12-30-2007, 01:20 AM
We should be happy about the statement released by HQ, it shows us that HQ is serious in taking the steps needed to WIN HUGE on super tuesday instead of just hoping on early state momentum to pull them through super tuesday.

ronpaul4pres
12-30-2007, 01:41 AM
We should be happy about the statement released by HQ, it shows us that HQ is serious in taking the steps needed to WIN HUGE on super tuesday instead of just hoping on early state momentum to pull them through super tuesday.

Yes! This is getting exciting. Ron Paul may raise more money than Hillary and Obama.

Joe Schwartz
12-30-2007, 01:51 AM

Consider that in Q4 we raised about 4 times as much as we did in Q3. With the steadily increasing number of new donors, it's not unrealistic to expect to raise 3x or 4x next quarter. The growth is exponential, not linear.

european
12-30-2007, 02:02 AM
i remember that people saying 5 million would be impossible to raise in a full quarter lol. that was fcking huge back in the summer. now we can laugh about that. it will be the same this time ;) we can have a laugh afterwards, but first we have to take the next step and be very serious about this and just do it :D

JT1
12-30-2007, 02:07 AM
I think the Ron Paul ampaign is banking on top 3 results in Iowa and NH to help bring in fresh donors to help with the $23 Million goal.

If 10,000 new people feel the Ron Paul message and plunk $2300 it could happen pretty quick.

HazardPerry
12-30-2007, 02:13 AM
I hope I'm not the first one to point this out, but I just read the e-mail and

All of this, plus other projects, will cost $23 million more than we presently have in the bank.

...sounds to me as though the campaign is asking for $23 million dollars more than is presently on-hand, which I'm assuming would be the current $18.9 million minus how much of it they have spent so far. So we are not looking to raise ~$4 million in six weeks (bringing our current total to $23 million)...aren't we looking to raise $23 million?

Tronchaser
12-30-2007, 02:38 AM
So we are not looking to raise ~$4 million in six weeks (bringing our current total to $23 million)...aren't we looking to raise $23 million?

Yes! Isn't it exciting? We are grassroots David versus the 23 million dollar giant! :eek:

voisine
12-30-2007, 03:05 AM
It's a tall order, but at our present rate of fund raising increases, 600k, 5M, 20M, getting another $23M in the first half of the next quarter isn't that far fetched.

amonasro
12-30-2007, 03:12 AM
We can do it. They presented a tall order for 12 million and it seemed insane. We can do 23 mill and more.

JohnnyWrath
12-30-2007, 03:18 AM
I know this is fresh news, but wow. we would have to average $ 23,000 per hour constantly for 6 weeks starting now.

dave_mack33
12-30-2007, 04:35 AM
is it any easier to pledge at ronpaulpay day and then just donate on the official website. is there a certain amount of time that would be added to have the money go the long way to the official campaign?

Just Come Home
12-30-2007, 04:40 AM

Who's with me?

What we need is a video that really hammers this home... Videos work.

RP-Republican
12-30-2007, 04:42 AM
same

dave_mack33
12-30-2007, 04:42 AM
i agree, the videos are best. i just pleged :D

go ron go!

Just Come Home
12-30-2007, 04:47 AM
Also, why doesn't the campaign have a "repeating donation" option?

Amount donating: _______

Check this box for a repeating donation - (Check)
---every month (check)
---every week (check)
---every _____ days (check)

*I understand that I am authorizing the RonPaul2008 campaign to deduct (X amount) from the account provided every (Y period agreed upon). I will receive an email confirming this amount has been deducted, and understand that there will be a link provided in that email that will allow me to stop donations at any time.

ronpaul4pres
12-30-2007, 01:02 PM
What we need is a video that really hammers this home... Videos work.

If anyone wants to make a video about this, please do!

Corydoras
12-30-2007, 02:48 PM

Nobody seems to know. Other people have brought it up to them before.
:(

tanstaafl
12-30-2007, 03:08 PM
I have been pretty vocal about the poor use HQ was making of the money - at least in the area of advertising (which I presume is the main expense). I have also been distressed that Ron Paul was not making a cogent case, nor even a clear assertion, that HIS plan, alone, would actually strengthen our national defense.

Both of these concerns appear to be in the process of being addressed.

However, I've proceeded to spend a lot of money on operationnh.com and buying signs and DVDs for distribution (100 large car magnets, 500 DVDs). I'm going to sit things out for while on the HQ donation side - although I'll relinquish my vow to not donate any more money to HQ.

Is everyone signed up to participate on signbomb08.com? THIS is the next "bomb" that really needs to happen. There are lots of useful places we all can contribute - but I can't think of a one that would likely have the return on investment of this: each of us distributing 10 signs by Jan 8.

jeff_from_VA
12-30-2007, 03:19 PM
23 million more in less then a month - that's a tall order to say the least!!!

I remember when the campaign said they were trying to figure out how to spend the money they had.... LOL - looks like they figured it out, and then some!!!!

I think it's possible to do, but it's not going to be easy!!!

bobmurph
12-30-2007, 03:52 PM

Amount donating: _______

Check this box for a repeating donation - (Check)
---every month (check)
---every week (check)
---every _____ days (check)

*I understand that I am authorizing the RonPaul2008 campaign to deduct (X amount) from the account provided every (Y period agreed upon). I will receive an email confirming this amount has been deducted, and understand that there will be a link provided in that email that will allow me to stop donations at any time.

Good idea.

Aron98831@msn.com
12-30-2007, 03:56 PM
less then $38,000 tell $19 million