PDA

View Full Version : Apparently Proctor and Gamble are getting inundated with emails.

Son of Freedom
12-29-2007, 09:38 PM
I emailed a few companies, Proctor & Gamble being one of them.

On their website there is a suggestion/comment section and during the process of submittal they present a FAQ which might answer your questions so they don't have to spend more time on it.

This couldn't be a standard Q&A, it has to be because of what's going on today.

Question: Why do you advertise on news programs?

Answer: We'd like to share some background on how sponsorship of news programs works. The preparation of news and public affairs programs is handled entirely by the news staff of the television network, and the selection of program content is based solely on their judgment. Advertisers are not given the opportunity to review the program content in advance.

We want you to know that the appearance of our commercials on such shows indicates neither our approval nor our disapproval of the content, just as the appearance of one of our ads in a newspaper or news magazine is not an endorsement of the publication's editorial policy.

matthylland
12-29-2007, 09:40 PM
well that doesn't matter, they should pull there stuff off and run it on ESPN then. They will be boycotted if they are on there. simple enough for me

parke
12-29-2007, 09:41 PM
I emailed a few companies, Proctor & Gamble being one of them.

On their website there is a suggestion/comment section and during the process of submittal they present a FAQ which might answer your questions so they don't have to spend more time on it.

This couldn't be a standard Q&A, it has to be because of what's going on today.

Question: Why do you advertise on news programs?

Answer: We'd like to share some background on how sponsorship of news programs works. The preparation of news and public affairs programs is handled entirely by the news staff of the television network, and the selection of program content is based solely on their judgment. Advertisers are not given the opportunity to review the program content in advance.

We want you to know that the appearance of our commercials on such shows indicates neither our approval nor our disapproval of the content, just as the appearance of one of our ads in a newspaper or news magazine is not an endorsement of the publication's editorial policy.

Thats nice you dumb ass advertiser. I want you to know I wont buy your fkn product unless you put pressure on Fox TO BE FAIR AND BALANCED.

Castrensis
12-29-2007, 09:42 PM
I call bullshit. The sponsors of FNC directly subsidize their bad behavior. Sponsors pulled support for Dr. Laura Ingraham when she started espousing anti-gay rhetoric. It's a band-aid, a soundbyte meant to dissuade you from protesting.

Son of Freedom
12-31-2007, 08:48 PM
Some surprising responses here and I could be receiving it wrong also. I was trying to make the following point.

Apparently they are getting hit by us hard when they put up a very weird "commonly" asked question. That is NOT a standard question any company gets.

Like you I don't agree with their reasoning. Time to change toothpaste.

That is all, later.

ChristopherBearkat
01-01-2008, 02:16 AM
You better believe we're causing some headaches for those who sell advertising for Fox News!

liberty_Forever
01-01-2008, 02:23 AM
Trust me, they will care. That's amusing you got a reply, and of course the "we're not responsible for the content" is nonsense. Sorry that is old world. Welcome to new world. They bought the airtime. They will be held responsible or can buy airtime somewhere else.