PDA

View Full Version : What's the NEW HAMPSHIRE situation?

dt_
12-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Wasn't NH supposed to be the libertarian-leading independent-minded state that would push Ron Paul to victory? The poll numbers don't seem to be high enough for that to happen right now :/ are the numbers that inaccurate or have the supporters forgotten about NH amid all the IA hubbub?

jgmaynard
12-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Polls are nearly useless in NH - Witness Carter, Reagan, Dukakis, Clinton, McCain, Keough, Shea-Porter, etc. I've been involved in NH politics all my life - I've seen the polls blown so many times I have little faith in them in this state. We Inds make up 44% of the electorate and most don't make up their minds until just a few days before or even less.

The real measure is who are people talking about the most (politics is staple conversation here year-round), how many lawn signs are there on private property, and where do you get supprt from both Rs and Ds? Ron's got all three.

JM

jointhefightforfreedom
12-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Polls Are Bs !!

brumans
Polls are nearly useless in NH - Witness Carter, Reagan, Dukakis, Clinton, McCain, Keough, Shea-Porter, etc. I've been involved in NH politics all my life - I've seen the polls blown so many times I have little faith in them in this state. We Inds make up 44% of the electorate and most don't make up their minds until just a few days before or even less.

JM

I hope you are bringing 100 of your closest friends to the polls with you :)
And have each friend bring 100 more...

nist7
Did you forget that the "polls" only poll GOP members in NH?

I won't be surprised if the GOP base in NH is VERY small.

Travis
12-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Here is just a glimpse at some of the things that are happening in New Hampshire!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gCQKLqO_0k

walt
12-30-2007, 12:35 PM
stop posting poll garbage in this forum - it's not a grassroots activity

jgmaynard
12-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Did you forget that the "polls" only poll GOP members in NH?

I won't be surprised if the GOP base in NH is VERY small.

It's about 44% Ind, 31% R, 24% D. But keep in mind that even our Ds and Rs are not what you would expect in other states - Most of our Rs are pro-choice and pro-gay marriage and most of our Ds are anti-tax and pro-gun rights.

We DO have a strange state. :)

JM

Cleaner44
12-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Wasn't NH supposed to be the libertarian-leading independent-minded state that would push Ron Paul to victory? The poll numbers don't seem to be high enough for that to happen right now :/ are the numbers that inaccurate or have the supporters forgotten about NH amid all the IA hubbub?

Polls. Polls!
You are kidding right? The polls are designed to create not report. Who cares?

nist7
12-30-2007, 12:46 PM
It's about 44% Ind, 31% R, 24% D. But keep in mind that even our Ds and Rs are not what you would expect in other states - Most of our Rs are pro-choice and pro-gay marriage and most of our Ds are anti-tax and pro-gun rights.

We DO have a strange state. :)

JM

Holy crap.....well, Ron Paul should be able to draw from everywhere!!!!

woot :D