PDA

View Full Version : If the FEC is out of business after Dec 31st...

deedles
12-29-2007, 09:11 PM
does that mean the 2300.00 cap on campaign donations is no longer in effect? Just wondering.......:rolleyes:

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Nope. :(

defcreative
12-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Uh oh, thats going to get ridiculous when all of the million+ dollar donations come in to the other corrupt politicians from the corporations and special interest groups. How is this being allowed to happen?!?

walt
12-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Does anyone know the real deal with this?

deedles
12-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Uh oh, thats going to get ridiculous when all of the million+ dollar donations come in to the other corrupt politicians from the corporations and special interest groups. How is this being allowed to happen?!?

I didn't say it was, I asked if that was the case...

defcreative
12-29-2007, 09:27 PM
I didn't say it was, I asked if that was the case...

I wasn't directing that comment at anyone, just pointing out the obvious. ;)

AdamT
12-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Does anyone know the real deal with this?

I spoke to the FEC yesterday (about PAC business) and I asked them about this rumor. What happened is some of the new board members got their approvals balled up in the Senate, and more less after Dec. 31st there are only 2 board members. 1 dem and 1 repub. So effectively no new laws can be passed until new board members get approved by the Senate.

However, this has no effect whatsoever on FEC operations. All staff remains intact and functioning as normal.

defcreative
12-29-2007, 09:51 PM
I spoke to the FEC yesterday (about PAC business) and I asked them about this rumor. What happened is some of the new board members got their approvals balled up in the Senate, and more less after Dec. 31st there are only 2 board members. 1 dem and 1 repub. So effectively no new laws can be passed until new board members get approved by the Senate.

However, this has no effect whatsoever on FEC operations. All staff remains intact and functioning as normal.

Ahh, that is very relieving to hear. Good work getting some real information.