PDA

View Full Version : *****Why do you support Ron Paul?*****

parke
12-29-2007, 08:57 PM
NPR started a story on asking who we are. They had to shut the comments down because of the response. So here is my 2 cents.

Ive lived with government intrusion my entire life. Ive seen welfare tear homes apart, Ive seen regulation strangle business owners, Ive felt the long arm of Big Brother for to long. Ive learned in my short lifetime that the answer is not more government, its less. The larger government grows the more freedom is lost. In a truly free society the government wouldnt be needed in health care.. because providers would have to compete for individual money. The way its set up now, employers are forced to provide it, which creates a smaller market and causes the prices to go up (thank Nixon for that one). Logic tells me, that if big brothers involvement screwed healthcare to begin with, then more big brother WONT FIX IT. You certainly will lose your freedom of choice, you will have to see doctors that play by the government rules. No homeopathy doctors, massage or holistic choices.

I support Ron Paul for these reasons.

1. Get us out of the mideast. Cut off foriegn aid. End meddling in other country affairs.

2. Pay down our debt. We are on the verge of a big problem. Ron Paul has studied economics for 30+ years and understands how to fix the dollar crisis.

3. Restore our liberty. If we do not have our rights, what have we become?

He is not a saint. He is not perfect. What Ron Paul represents to me is a chance to save this country before we are destroyed financially. All empires come to an end when the currency is destroyed.

Only this time, unlike during the Depression, we will not have our civil liberties. That my friends, is more scary than whether or not we have a government sponsored healthcare program or whether we should stay in the mideast.

Liberty Star
12-29-2007, 09:10 PM
I support Ron Paul for these reasons.

1. Get us out of the mideast. Cut off foriegn aid. End meddling in other country affairs.

2. Pay down our debt. We are on the verge of a big problem. Ron Paul has studied economics for 30+ years and understands how to fix the dollar crisis.

3. Restore our liberty. If we do not have our rights, what have we become?

He is not a saint. He is not perfect. What Ron Paul represents to me is a chance to save this country before we are destroyed financially. All empires come to an end when the currency is destroyed.

+1

End of Iraq war, putting stop to war with Iran and restoration of liberties at home, if I were to add anything more to these very well put reasons.

atilla
12-29-2007, 09:11 PM
because he's sexy!

james1844
Good question.

Real_CaGeD
Globalism vs Sovereignty

yongrel
12-29-2007, 09:22 PM
the free candy

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-29-2007, 09:34 PM
1. Ending the war in Iraq and bringing our troops home from around the world. We won't be the world's police force and waste lives and resources defending other countries.

2. Someone to "walk the walk" on illegal immigration and put a stop to it.

3. He's fiscally responsible and will really cut spending, balance the budget, and shrink the national debt.

4. He'll fight to stop the failed "war on drugs" and ease our prison and law enforcement problems.

5. He'll stop federal interference in state laws, such as medical marijuana and physician-assisted suicide.

6. He'll fight the nanny state mentality that tells us we can't play poker online, or smoke in our cars or apartments.

7. He'll work to abolish the Patriot Act and restore the government's adherence to the Constitution.

8. He'll lower our income taxes and we'll have more money to spend, invest for retirement, and use to improve our own communities.

9. He's for getting us out of the U.N. and other organizations and treaties that hurt this country and threaten our sovereignty.

10. He'll restore our nation and make Americans proud again, and improve our tattered image around the world.

parke
12-29-2007, 09:34 PM
the free candy

cmon.. Id like to see a solid thread started in seriousness..

parke
12-30-2007, 09:31 AM
10. He'll restore our nation and make Americans proud again, and improve our tattered image around the world.

Amen.

Ive never been prouder to be an American.

Luft97
12-30-2007, 09:41 AM
I support Dr. Paul because:
1) He offers hope to restore our liberty and freedom.
2) He will work to get rid of the unfair income tax system.
3) He will change our policy around the world and stop proping up governments.
4) He is well spoken and devoted to the constitution.

Paulbot_9876
12-30-2007, 09:45 AM
i do not want my children to be future slaves and get arrested for the way they talk or think....

tsetsefly
12-30-2007, 09:45 AM
1. Wants to restore the rule of law (Habeas corpus, restore civil liberties, end patriot act)
2. Only candidate who is commited to cut spending.
3. Will lower taxes
4. Will end the war in Iraq and bring the 200,000 troops in bases around the world home...

lucius
12-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Gurudas said it best in his 'Treason: The New World Order':

“All these people say there are powerful groups threatening our way of life. Some sources identify the bankers and corporate elite as the source of our problems, while others feel the national security state is the threat. The power of Wall Street is now obvious to many. So much is happening today that it is increasingly clear a police state is no longer some distant event to fear. The American people must awaken and join together to restore constitutional government and diminish the power of the large corporations and their agent, the federal government, so that we can again be a free people.”

Truth Warrior
12-30-2007, 09:54 AM
Because IF we absolutely HAVE TO HAVE a president, I would prefer it be Ron Paul. :)

Adamsa
12-30-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm a small gov. conservative, there is no other! :D

Pharoah
12-30-2007, 10:00 AM
I took the red pill.

parke
12-30-2007, 10:11 AM
I took the red pill.

Waking up is a double edge blade tho. Ignorance is bliss..

lynnf
12-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Waking up is a double edge blade tho. Ignorance is bliss..

"Ignorance is bliss.." only until reckoning day comes, then the bliss has to be paid for and the more bliss that was had, the steeper the price.

Oh, and the reason I support RP: the Constitution and the way all politicians except RP only give it lip service. we need to "legalize" the
Constitution even though it never was illegal in the first place.

lynn

Truth Warrior
12-30-2007, 10:27 AM
I took the red pill.
Yeah, me too ....... in 1972. :)

ProBlue33
12-30-2007, 10:42 AM
He Has Common Sense

His explanations just make logical sense, he will make a statement and I will think why didn't we think of that before, or how come nobody ever told me this before.

The message is different, it is stop being so fearful of the rest of the world, it is anti war propaganda. And he wants peace in the world.

And he isn't scared to vioce his opinions, that level of bravery in a statesman is rare.

What other presidential canadidate would be brave and couragous enough to take on Abe Lincoln and the civil war. I want Hillary to answer that one so bad during the general election.

It would be squirm flip flop city for her.

parke
12-30-2007, 10:45 AM
He Has Common Sense

What other presidential canadidate would be brave and couragous enough to take on Abe Lincoln and the civil war. I want Hillary to answer that one so bad during the general election.

It would be squirm flip flop city for her.

Id pay anything to have Hillary and Paul debate publicly

TheEvilDetector
12-30-2007, 10:49 AM
I support the man for the following:

1) Shrink government to proper constitutional size

2) Stands on Principle

3) Tells the Truth

4) No Income Tax

5) Hard Currency

6) Concerned about economy and has sound ideas to fix it

7) Concerned about immigration and has sound ideas to fix it

8) Wants to communicate with Countries instead of the bomb or subsidise routine.

9) Travel, trade, talk with all.

10) Wants to kill NAU

11) Wants to get out of UN and other globalist agencies that do not care about US sovereignty

12) Wants to prevent and stop Illegal wars eg. Iraq.

13) Hopefully will make CIA/NSA/FBI etc behave a bit better and more in line with the constitution.

There are probably more reasons...

There are things (that happened rather recently) that I do not like about him, but for the purposes of this,
let's just say the things I like far outweigh the things I do not like.

Azprint
12-30-2007, 10:49 AM
NAFTA and Iraq War.

NAFTA- EU proved, that it won't do anything good. Right now standard of living is going down in Europe, due to wave of cheap labour from Eastern Europe. You think it is bad with Mexico now? Wait till they open borders completely.

Iraq War- stupid war without anything positive coming out of it.

Thomas Paine
12-30-2007, 11:03 AM
I support Ron Paul because of all the candidates for president, he is the only person who can save this country from the impending disaster addressed in the article below:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/80fa0a2c-49ef-11dc-9ffe-0000779fd2ac.html

leglock
12-30-2007, 11:03 AM
His message.

parke
12-30-2007, 02:54 PM
bump.. keep em coming.

parke
12-30-2007, 10:01 PM
bump