PDA

View Full Version : Why Bush is insane.

ChooseLiberty
07-12-2007, 08:18 AM
And Cheney too.

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005116033

"The DSM-IV provides another explanation for their behavior: irreparable damage to the neo-cortex—a part of the brain that has nothing to do with neoconservatism. It's that delicate part that controls language, reason, empathy, abstract thinking, and concepts of culture and spirituality. Such damage can occur with long-term alcoholism or, occasionally, when the brain is deprived of oxygen during a heart attack or heart surgery.

When a human neo-cortex is damaged, the more robust Reptile Brain gets control. (The Reptile Brain is so called because we share it with, well, reptiles. Anyone who doesn't believe in evolution should study the physiology of the human brain.)

The Reptile Brain is concerned with survival to the point of insanity. It's the fight-or-flight part of our brains that makes us want to kill or enslave strangers. It claims and defends territory and is concerned with hierarchy and authority. It sends us into blind panic or blind rage or blind lust. It's the part of our brain that gets caught up in the frenzy of a mob. It's impossible to reason with.

The Reptile Brain may explain the sociopathic impulses that all of us have but most of us control. It may explain administration policy. It may explain our recent presidential elections. What can't be explained is how a country founded on noble and abstract principles can survive when the Reptile Brain is in charge."

PMorphy65
07-12-2007, 08:38 AM
I'd have to agree with that article to some extent. I've worked in the Psychiatric community for the last 10 years as a Psychiatric Nurse. When Bush ran for office in 2000, I had strong suspicions that he had some sort of a personality disorder. Personality disorders in the DSMIV - Axis II have a wide variety and characteristics. Sociopaths are in this category, and have a marked ability to persuade others with charm. It's almost impossible to reason with these types of people due to their sense of entitlement and lack of emotion. One thing that tipped it off for me later was when he said: "He tried to kill my Dad." I knew that was a significant statement, referring to Saddam. When his attention was diverted to Iraq after 9/11, I wasn't surprised. I don't want to sound like Nostradamus, but I knew that this country was heading south for the rest of his term. A lot of people looked at me as if I were on Crack, but here we are.

rpf2008
07-12-2007, 08:40 AM
Well he was the governor of the state that put the most people to death.

ChooseLiberty
07-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Very interesting. In your experience is this damage irreversible and if so is there some indication of that point?

Is your moniker related to the chess player by any chance?

I'd have to agree with that article to some extent. I've worked in the Psychiatric community for the last 10 years as a Psychiatric Nurse. When Bush ran for office in 2000, I had strong suspicions that he had some sort of a personality disorder. Personality disorders in the DSMIV - Axis II have a wide variety and characteristics. Sociopaths are in this category, and have a marked ability to persuade others with charm. It's almost impossible to reason with these types of people due to their sense of entitlement and lack of emotion. One thing that tipped it off for me later was when he said: "He tried to kill my Dad." I knew that was a significant statement, referring to Saddam. When his attention was diverted to Iraq after 9/11, I wasn't surprised. I don't want to sound like Nostradamus, but I knew that this country was heading south for the rest of his term. A lot of people looked at me as if I were on Crack, but here we are.

PMorphy65
07-12-2007, 09:12 AM
The damage to the brain in relation to alcohol abuse is not reversible. Most of the damage is to the frontal lobe, and as the article points out about the reptilian brain, they are closely related to sociopathic behaviors. There is no cure for either condition; no medicine; no therapy; nothing. You are correct about my name, you must be a chess player. Paul Morphy is my favorite, after all, he's the pride and sorrow of America.

LibertyBelle
07-12-2007, 09:13 AM
This I feel is pretty accurate. My father, for example, is 68 and had a massive heart attack 12 years ago followed by a quintuple bypass and defibrillator/pacemaker installed. That combo along with other physical problems (mild diabetes which has progressed) has made him more and more aggressive over time. He is a staunch neocon and torture supporter, is now into his 'authority', and has recently had a physically aggressive incident with my mother. :( Revenge is a big issue with him.

So I do believe that some of the behavior they exhibit is brain damage/chemistry related, childhood rearing/experience I'm sure also contributes. They grew up in authoritarian environments, which can lead to authoritarian tendencies. The combo of the brain damage/chemistry problem with the upbringing, a doozy.

PMorphy65
07-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Hey LibertyBelle, if your father is on any psychiatric medications, keep a sharp eye on his diabetes. Recently we have found that psychiatric medications either cause or exacerbate diabetes. You are probably right about his condition; a heart attack is a condition mostly marked by a disruption in blood flow. If there is decreased blood flow to his heart, there is a great chance that there is decreased blood flow to his brain. This will cause a change in his basic behavior. That coupled with the upbring you have stated, I'm sure there will be some aggression. I venture to say that the doctors are prescribing some sort of psychiatric medication to control his angry outbursts. Probably mellaril, seroquel, or risperdal?

LibertyBelle
07-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Hey LibertyBell, if your father is on any psychiatric medications, keep a sharp eye on his diabetes. Recently we have found that psychiatric medications either cause or exacerbate diabetes. You are probably right about his condition; a heart attack is a condition mostly marked by a disruption in blood flow. If there is decreased blood flow to his heart, there is a great chance that there is decreased blood flow to his brain. This will cause a change in his basic behavior. That coupled with the upbring you have stated, I'm sure there will be some aggression. I venture to say that the doctors are prescribing some sort of psychiatric medication to control his angry outbursts. Probably mellaril, seroquel, or risperdal?

No, he is not on any. I am not fond of psych drugs for many, many reasons. The side effects are dangerous. Many psychiatric drugs (such as Effexor) interfere with the process of the conversion of the thyroid hormone T4 to T3, which will actually cause brain chemistry problems and much more! Big Pharma loves to hide stuff. Hypothyroidism has been linked with diabetes, as well as psychiatric conditions. There are plenty of people with depression, anxiety and psych conditions that are undiagnosed and/or improperly treated hypothyroidism, and other hormone imbalances follow or procede the hypo and contribute to the problem. They don't need psych drugs, they need hormone treatment and nutritional supplements. Docs love to throw meds at people that treat the symptoms but not the problem that causes the symptoms. I have researched this to the hilt, hence the website in my signature. I also have a health profession degree. :) Thought you would really be interested since you are a psych nurse. Check out the website, and read the 'Thyroid, Depression, and Mental Health' section. Go from there.

By the way, Bush, Sr supposedly has hypothyroidism, which leads to a buttload of problems! The adrenal glands frequently have a problem along side the thyroid. I bet Cheney has some major health problems other than heart conditions. Houston, we have a problem with our health care system anyway. Been there, done that....and it's not pretty. I go to a nurse practitioner now that is not mainstream, and works with a doc that is not mainstream. Otherwise, without my own research, that website, and the N.P., I would still be in dire straits. Don't even want to talk about where I used to be.

Even without Cheney and gangs health problems, just the childhood rearing itself can lead to dictatorship leanings. They just get more and more bloodthirsty with the brain problems.

mdh
07-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Power is very, very attractive. It's difficult for a lot of folks to fight their own inner demons when there's a great deal of power to be had at the virtual flick of the wrist.

torchbearer
07-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Power is very, very attractive. It's difficult for a lot of folks to fight their own inner demons when there's a great deal of power to be had at the virtual flick of the wrist.

Perfect reason to decrease the power of the president.
i.e. legalize the consitution again.

angelatc
07-12-2007, 10:59 AM
And the downside of it is that the people that don't really care about having it (ie Libertarians) are often the same groups that end up ignored and exploited.

PMorphy65
07-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Well LibertyBelle, I'm impressed and glad you have the knowledge to keep your father safe. You are absolutely right ( of course ), that Physicians will throw medications at patients without truly understanding their condition. One of the symptoms that hypothyroid problems have in my field is delusions. We ALWAYS check thyroid functioning as part of admission labs. Your assertion that psychiatric medications are unsafe is very correct. Very rarely do I see any improvement in the patients that I care for, and yet the doctor will continue to justify treatment by adjusting medications. It's really quite the joke. I am seriously considering changing the field of nursing that I am in mostly because of these reasons. I knew Cheney had a plethora of medical problems, but I didn't know Bush,Sr. had hypothyroidism...scary! I don't think hypothyroidism is hereditary...is it?

A side note: Funny how the educated voters lean toward Dr.Paul :)

ChooseLiberty
07-12-2007, 11:30 AM
"Ron Paul - the thinking person's candidate"

I like it.

Dan Klaus
07-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Bush and Cheney and the elite have a compassion deficit so resounding its dangerous to have them lead others....thus the Ron Paul Revolution...

LibertyBelle
07-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Well LibertyBelle, I'm impressed and glad you have the knowledge to keep your father safe. You are absolutely right ( of course ), that Physicians will throw medications at patients without truly understanding their condition. One of the symptoms that hypothyroid problems have in my field is delusions. We ALWAYS check thyroid functioning as part of admission labs. Your assertion that psychiatric medications are unsafe is very correct. Very rarely do I see any improvement in the patients that I care for, and yet the doctor will continue to justify treatment by adjusting medications. It's really quite the joke. I am seriously considering changing the field of nursing that I am in mostly because of these reasons. I knew Cheney had a plethora of medical problems, but I didn't know Bush,Sr. had hypothyroidism...scary! I don't think hypothyroidism is hereditary...is it?

A side note: Funny how the educated voters lean toward Dr.Paul :)

Yesiree! Any thinking person will convert to supporting RP once they become educated about his record and ideas! Non-thinking won't get it. ;)

Hashimoto's (autoimmune attack on thyroid causing hypo for those who don't know) tends to run in families. As for testing....they can say you are 'normal' but in many cases not so. 40-50% of the population is supposed to have hypothyroidism, tons of undiagnosed and undertreated cases. Bush, Sr has signs supposedly that he is not being treated right. No surprise. :rolleyes: So many docs now come out of the cattle chute from med school brainwashed and really just repeat what they hear. Many just don't care, see you as an ink blot on a piece of paper, and really are just in it for the money. Barely any doc nowadays talks to you about nutrition (not being taught in med school, wonder why.....big pharma money poured into med schools) and natural medications. All most know is synthetic drugs, and big pharma is constantly pushing them...obviously! Can you say the biggest advertisers on TV!! Patients and docs being taught to think synethetic drugs are the answer.

Yes, it is really quite the joke. Seen it with my own two eyes from working with docs, and experienced it head on personally. Fired 2 endocrinologists. The good docs are hard to come by, of course we know Dr. Paul is one! :) I love my N.P., she knows about the system and we learn from each other.

Her joke: What is the difference between doctors and God?
Answer: God knows he's not a doctor.

Hee hee, of course this doesn't apply to all docs, like RP. :D

PMorphy65
07-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Staggering news about hypothyroidism LibertyBelle. I had no idea so many people suffer from it. You mentioned about pharma influence in medicine; I talked to an addictionologist today ( the doc I work for ), and he said that Oxycontin got sued recently for lying to the public about its addictive qualities. Can you imagine?! Wait, let me take that back...of course they lied. I think the settlement is roughly 600 million dollars. In the Michael Moore film "Sicko", they say that there are 4 drug lobbyists for every Congressman. Now that's just crazy. Are health care has gone to crap and has a wondering 'p' wave :) Anyway, thanks for the information on the hereditary question, and I like that joke about the doctors/God.

thuja
07-12-2007, 06:38 PM
here is something to do:www.pledgetoimpeach.org

according to dr robert o young who has a site calld phmiracleliving.com, there is a simple solution for diabetes

i am unsure about brain damage, but we should not wait to see what is next from him.

glts
07-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Bush is a puppet. He may be insane as well though. His mother for sure lacks empathy for people. She said on a Good Morning America interview March 18, 2003, "But why should we hear about body bags, and deaths, and how many, what day it's gonna happen, and how many this or what do you suppose? Or, I mean, it's, it's not relevant. So, why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that."

The apple didn't fall far from either of the trees that Georgie boy was spawned from!