PDA

View Full Version : Blackwater & Airship Management

pacelli
12-29-2007, 07:28 PM
ELIZABETH CITY, N.C.

For nearly two years, Blackwater has been developing an airship to tap a growing government demand for aerial surveillance and security - from patrolling U.S. borders and coastal waters to guarding military bases in hostile lands.

Earlier this month, its efforts finally got off the ground.

"It's very responsive. It's the most maneuverable blimp I've ever flown," said Blackwater test pilot Doug McFadden, who said he has worked for airship operators Lightship Group and Airship Management Services.

http://hamptonroads.com/node/433181

We contacted Airship Management Services and the president/owner, Mr. George Spyrou, enthusiastically returned our call and turns out to be a supporter of Ron Paul and wants to help us spread the word!

Ron Paul mercenary operations? This is awesome. The blimp team is using the same company that trained Blackwater Airship pilots! How's that for bumping out the mercs :)

pacelli
12-30-2007, 04:07 AM
Bump, thought this was amusing. Maybe we can get Blackwater to co-fund the blimp? Let them install all of their cameras, we broadcast the games, done deal =) Yes, I'm kidding.

tangent4ronpaul
12-30-2007, 06:13 PM
yada, yada - he's a Blimp pilot. The only way you become a blimp pilot is by working for a blimp company of which there are very few in the country.

face it - he's a blimp pilot first and for most and Blackwater is an incidental employer. That's like hiring an astronaut and condemning him because he was previously associated with NASA.

-n

Ethek
12-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Well, Ron Paul is for private security. However, I think the whole situation there is not suitable for our Army operating as a police force or private companies who aren't subjected to anyones law.

ItsTime
12-30-2007, 08:23 PM
ouch