PDA

View Full Version : How much pander/politicking room would you give Ron Paul?

gagnonstudio
12-29-2007, 07:02 PM
We're coming down to the wire now. Iowa is only a few days away, and we have a great opportunity to build momentum from there.

Ron Paul has started to sound more "tough" the past few days. He put out the immigration ad where it states we should "no longer accept student visas from terrorist nations." He also put out the infomercial with abortion as a strong focus. I noticed this upset a few people on the boards.

I think this is all strategy, and Ron Paul deserves to play politics a little to win some votes in the home stretch. So my question is, how much pander/politicking room would you give Ron Paul before you were completely turned off. I'm just curious, I know Ron Paul isn't going to start pandering like crazy, or anything like that. He's too principled. But the campaign may start to spin a few lines and put out some hard statements and sound bytes that may appeal to certain groups. He has to win over some of the hard line Republican base to win.

Micahyah
12-29-2007, 07:06 PM
A lot.

We are in this to win it. Not have a 'noble' loss.

i.e. if the abortion and immigration stuff help secure 3rd or better in Iowa, I'm all for it.