PDA

View Full Version : Billboard Campaign & Web Designer Needed!

RonPaulCoalition
05-20-2007, 05:11 PM
We are planning a grass roots solution to the lack of Ron Paul billboards in the United States. Billboards cost between $700 - $2,500 a month, but we have found a cunning legal and effective way around that.

Our plans will be announced throughout the web, but please also add our MySpace profile (http://www.myspace.com/ronpaulcoalition) to keep up to date with other important announcements. The profile is a work in progress. We are trying to work as quickly as we can, and there is a lot of information to compile and organize.

We are also devising a Ron Paul Campaign Manual that will be available as a PDF file containing a host of techniques for effectively spreading the word with a shoe-string budget.

Lastly, we need to strengthen our web design and graphic art department. Please contact us immediately if you possess those skills. You can contact us through our MySpace profile (http://www.myspace.com/ronpaulcoalition) or email us at ronpaulcoalition@gmail.com

We plan to put up official website at www.RonPaulCoalition.org (also .com).

At both MySpace profile and the main site we'll be outlining a variety of Internet Actions and Real World Actions that people can take to promote the Ron Paul's Presidential Campaign.

Right now our strongest point is having already brought on several individuals with strong marketing and organizational backgrounds. We intend to work ourselves to the bone without pay, so if you wish to get involved prepare yourself for massive commitment.

We'll have an official recruiting announcement up soon.

Thank you,
Dev
Ron Paul Coalition

denvervoipguru
05-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Looking forward to your work.

I'm the Secretary for Denver Metro Committee for Ron Paul

We're just two weeks old and have 31 members. I highly recommend the meetup.com service

A couple big things I’d recommend with regard to your efforts.

1) Maximize efforts by communicating with existing groups. Try to form a coaltion of ALL THE MAJOR RON PAUL groups to collaborate (they may already be in your plans)

2) Support existing marketing efforts (ie, Ron Paul Revolution), or online communities, etc.

2) Take a page out of the hard earned experience of direct response advertisers and don’t put up a single billboard or other advertisement that does not include a specific call to action.

A call to action can be as simple as...

“Be part of the Revolution – 22,433 and counting. Join us today at RonPaulCoalition.com”
“Get your free bumper sticker today – 800-RON-PAUL”

3) REDIRECT your contacts to offline communities of local REAL LIFE Ron Paul groups (using services like meetup.com)

4) Design your website in such a way that you encourage visitors to “SIGN UP”. Capture their email address by offering something for free (even if it’s just information or a free bumper sticker, or the right to view an exclusive video, etc.). This list will become invaluable to you and US.

cujothekitten
05-23-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm a designer and I sent you an e-mail. :)

tangent4ronpaul
05-24-2007, 04:57 AM
The first post in this thread is entirely off topic for this forum, excepting a plea for a web designer in the title.

The "Ron Paul Coalition" (though it has other names) just laundered their name and image. They were previously known as "John Clifton Coalition for Ron Paul" and have less than a stellar reputation. They are bureaucratic, authoritarian, secretive, and somewhat deceptive. Recently, "Dr" Tom Stevens (he's a lawyer), the person that runs their yahoo group (closed, invitation only and with 28 members) tried to prevent members of another Ron Paul meetup group in NYC from distributing flyers. The organizer of the second group reported that Mr Stevens was vocally anti-grassroots and expressed that we should be devoting all our energy to attending GOP dinners and trying to win over the hard core Republican supporters.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3085887&pager.offset=0

The person Mr Stevens sings high praise to is Gary Coplin who is well known as a provocateur and has been a thorn in the campaigns side for months.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RonPaul2008/message/1251

They have been showing up on facebook and myspace pitching their coalition, and specifically on facebook, pushing installing their state coordinators into the grassroots effort of every state.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2229718737&topic=3047

In short, a group that has existed since early February and has managed to accomplish nothing other than set up a couple of groups and holding some teleconferences would like to be your boss. Initially they were organizing their coalition and trying to recruit people, only they neglected to pull anything together about what they were planning to do - their mission. Well, they finally got around to that, now using other peoples ideas - like mine. This brings us to the free billboard idea they are using as a teaser, not to help the grassroots movement, but bo build their organization and control. Deciding pecking order, heirarchy and how they were going to interview, assign and manage "workers". They are still pushing some ideas that are based on multi-level marketing and pyramid schemes.

As to the free billboard idea, I call it barnpainting and passed it by them and the PEC, among others. I have no problem if they use it, but I want the whole grassroots movement to use it - and not to build someones personal organization, but to promote Ron Paul!

Barnpainting - well, it doesn't have to be a barn, but if Ron Paul supporters can keep their eyes out for barns and the walls of buildings that are next to and very visible from major roads, that when found, the owner should be contacted, pitched about Ron Paul and if they like him, asked if they would be willing to let supporters paint a large sign or mural on the visible side of the building promoting him.

Variations exist - supporters via meetups and mailings could be asked if they had a visible surface like this they wouldn't mind using this way. Those that say yes could either be put in touch with supporters having artistic skills (probably with the aid of templates, or a LCD projector) or if a large format vinyl cutter is available, templates could be cut and shipped with instructions and a list of addresses - theirs and where to ship the templates next and ask them to put it up. Another variation would be if a large format vinyl printer is available and ship strips that could be tacked up, on above the other, making a large format sign. Yet another variation is having one of the banner factories mail them a banner to put up.

Lets put the Ron Paul message on buildings all across the country!

Nathan

cujothekitten
05-24-2007, 07:22 AM
Wow.

Thanks for the heads up Nathan http://www.afcore.com/phpbb/images/smilies/icon_eek.gif

tangent4ronpaul
05-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Another way to do this, is by making signs that are 4'x8' and mount them on a 1/2” plywood backing. Then mount on 4'x4's or the kind of polls or logs found for landscaping around garden beds. They would need to be buried, so a post hole digger and some cement should do the job. Put the image on it with one of the previously mentioned methods. Thats still going to cost around $35 - $40 per sign.

Another way to get a usable flat sign surface for big signs is to disassemble cardboard boxes and lay them over each other with the conjugation going different directions. And glue the sheets together. Then repeat with additional layers of cardboard. When you have a 4'x8' sheet that is ˝” to 1” thick, stop. Paint with deck waterproofing compound. It will be very strong and fairly lightweight. Try to seal the combs on the edges with tape or hot wax. You'll have to experiment as to what kind of paint adheres to it.

Nathan

cujothekitten
05-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Another idea is street advertising. Here in Chicago it is illegal to put up graffiti BUT if you use chalk spray-paint there isn't a problem. It washes off in a couple days so no harm no foul.

It would probably work better for people in the burbs and rural areas. You can spray your garage/driveways/homes/barns/cars with the stuff and not worry about it staying forever.

It's also great for kids :)
http://www.kuzsports.com/spray_chalk.htm

Also, if anyone is interested in some Ron Paul stencils I can make up a few besides the revolution ones. Just let me know and I'll make a few.

StagirasGhost
05-24-2007, 09:53 PM
I realize not all of us (including me) are not objectivists for Ron, but in keeping with Simon and Garfunkel's indirect allusion to "Who is John Galt?" spray-painted in the subways of New York, using the chalk-spray to coat cities across the country with "Who is Ron Paul?" and the varying web sites is a great idea.

As long as no property is damaged, of course.

During the '96 campaign me and a team of "420 republicans" covered our campus and the surrounding city with Ron "campaign collateral" and it made not only the university paper, but papers across central Texas. We used shoe polish, under the cloak of darkness.

Searchronpaul
05-25-2007, 04:10 AM
When I clicked on the above site (RonPaulCoalition.org) POSSIBLE DANGER DO NOT VISIT LINK, to check it out, my spyware sweeper and firewall went into overdrive -- and stopped whatever malware was intended for my machine. The domain BTW is undeveloped w/ zero content.

# # #

ktunstall
05-25-2007, 09:28 AM
I am a former county coordinator for Ron's congressional campaign.
I am also the campaign manager for Bob Smither in '06.
I have personal knowledge of Mr. Coplin.

During the Smither campaign, Mr Coplin attached himself to our efforts.
He kept telling us what we should be doing which amounted to the following:

Conduct endless teleconferences
Conduct "rallies" weekly
Have our candidate blog daily
Have our candidate on a yahoo group daily
Attend Republican functions (Bob was a LP candidate)
Conform to and accept GOP (neo-con) positions (pro-war).
etc., etc., ad nausea.

Mr. Coplin would attend campaign meetings where he would badger our volunteers and ridicule them for their efforts.
He insulted so many of our volunteers that they threatened to leave the campaign.
He would also "tell" them what they should be doing, while NEVER doing anything himself.
He would condescend our candidate for not bringing in mega-bucks for the campaign.
However, he never contributed financially himself.

Had I listened to Mr. Coplin, our candidate would not have garnered the votes and support he received.
The opposition (Dems and Reps) spent over 5 million on the race. We spent 50K.
As a LP candidate, Smither received 6.1% of the vote in a neo-con strong hold (CD22 - DeLay's old seat).
When is the last time you heard of a LP candidate getting more than 2% in a three way, well funded congressional race?

Bottom line, Mr. Coplin was at best a serious distraction with his constant phone calls.
At worst, Mr. Coplin was working for the establishment Republicans (neo-cons) trying to derail our efforts.

I know Gary personally.
I would gladly sit down and drink a beer or two with him.
However, I will NEVER allow him to be on ANY campaign that I am associated with.
I believe that he wishes to be a campaign consultant.
However, his lack of knowledge with respect to GOTV and grass-roots campaigning will prevent him from ever achieving this status.

K D Tunstall

Libre vivo o morir!

ktunstall
05-25-2007, 09:53 AM
put a face to the name......Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeres Gary

http://photos2.meetupstatic.com/photos/member/3/2/b/6/member_972982.jpeg

Searchronpaul
05-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Hmm -- very stylish guy.

# # #

put a face to the name......Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeres Gary

http://photos2.meetupstatic.com/photos/member/3/2/b/6/member_972982.jpeg

Sal Collaziano
06-07-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm excellent with SEO and okay with web design and I just sent you an email..

Ulf5
06-19-2007, 12:05 PM
http://www.libertarianfreedomcouncil.org/profiles/drtomstevens.htm

He was active with the NY Libertarian Party, as was John Clifton, who I think was the head of the NY LP. I never heard of Gary Coplin.

I don't think either guy is a mole, just trying to get in on the ground floor of the campaign as "executives".

tangent4ronpaul
07-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Tom Stevens is the guy in the background of this group. He's stated that Gary Coplin is a "campaign genius" and not only applauded Gary's efforts but actively worked to prevent another MeetUp group from doing grassroots activities. Someone dug up a news item about him trying to hire someone in a murder for hire plot against an opposition organizer from someone he believed to be a member of organized crime. He was acquitted as the FBI botched the case... Gary Coplin IS a mole!

The Clifton Coalition has a long history - none of it good!

As a first post, I'm not really impressed with your trying to clear the guys name as you obviously work for him.

-n

Jive Dadson
08-03-2007, 05:15 PM
My $0.02 on "barn painting." I'm dubious about the chalk paint. Even though it might wash off with the next rain, it would have the appearance of permanent graffiti. Advertising is all about image, and we do not want the image of graffiti vandals.

emilysdad
08-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Okay. Our meetup came up with this idea as well and I found this link while surfing for templates. Hopefully somebody can help. We live in a rural type setting along the 101 freeway in California. We have already secured 2 locations on private property with freeway visibility. We intend to place 4x8 plywood signs posted in concrete. Our goal is 20 signs along a 50 mile stretch.

I need designs and templates to fit these billboards. Any help or suggestions is appreciated. Anxious to get going on this NOW, so please help asap.

Thanks,

Bill
kinsjon@yahoo.com

LibertyGuy2008
08-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Web Company Favorable to Ron Paul (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=11276)