PDA

View Full Version : I realized something regarding Howard Stern

james1906
07-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Ron should not go on his show. The reason is because he delivered the singer Selena. After she was murdered, Stern joked about it. I think Ron would put his principles over publicity and not go on the show.

Lord Xar
07-12-2007, 12:49 AM
???
Did Howard Stern ask him to come on? Is Howard Stern a supporter?

I think Ron Paul would understand that Howard Stern is a "comedian/performer/entertainer" -- do you think Howard believes in half the things he says. He is called "shock jock" for a reason...

I say if Ron Paul can go on, he should... Howard reaches millions of people... He will only gain supportes and cannot lose any supporters he doesn't have.

Also, I am sure Ron Paul has peole around him that 'care about him' - so if howard starts getting stupid, then can say "excuse me this interview is over..." and leave.

james1906
07-12-2007, 12:53 AM
i don't know if stern has asked him or not, but it has been discussed on here. i'm sure it would upset selena's family if he went on the show. wouldn't that look bad?

torchbearer
07-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Is selena more important than any other person on this planet?

Kuldebar
07-12-2007, 01:23 AM
I don't see a need to go on that show...it's not exactly an essential stop for serious dialog or even entertainment for that matter. It's not that it couldn't be positive or a benefit...it's more a question of...aren't there better venues?

james1906
07-12-2007, 01:24 AM
Is selena more important than any other person on this planet?

where did that come from?

torchbearer
07-12-2007, 01:26 AM

You comment about what her family would think....
This country is about more than just one family and what they think... I wouldn't consider the feelings of her family over any other when it came to accepting a radio interview. that is what i was saying. sorry if that was ambiguous.

Lord Xar
07-12-2007, 01:29 AM
I don't see a need to go on that show...it's not exactly an essential stop for serious dialog or even entertainment for that matter. It's not that it couldn't be positive or a benefit...it's more a question of...aren't there better venues?

Well, there are more "appropriate" venues.. BUT when you consider the number of people who listen to Howard Stern then you have to ask yourself..

Are there better promotional venues that can reach such a wide audience with such minimal effort? And are these other venues actually available?

Kuldebar
07-12-2007, 01:30 AM

Probably a reply to this:

i don't know if stern has asked him or not, but it has been discussed on here. i'm sure it would upset selena's family if he went on the show. wouldn't that look bad?

I almost replied in the same vein but I read the first post again and realized the "Selena" was in referencing. It's been a few years, don't really think the matter is really pertinent there are plenty of other people that have been insulted or degraded by Stern since that time, I am sure.

Chester Copperpot
07-12-2007, 02:02 AM
???
Did Howard Stern ask him to come on? Is Howard Stern a supporter?

I think Ron Paul would understand that Howard Stern is a "comedian/performer/entertainer" -- do you think Howard believes in half the things he says. He is called "shock jock" for a reason...

I say if Ron Paul can go on, he should... Howard reaches millions of people... He will only gain supportes and cannot lose any supporters he doesn't have.

Also, I am sure Ron Paul has peole around him that 'care about him' - so if howard starts getting stupid, then can say "excuse me this interview is over..." and leave.

Howard stern SHOULD like Ron Paul... Ron Paul would get rid of agencies like the FCC that have been nothing short of tormenting for Howard.

libertarian4321
07-12-2007, 05:34 AM

What? Howard Stern has had thousands of guests in the MANY YEARS since she died.

Does the family get tied up in knots every day?

That must be rough...

Ava
07-12-2007, 05:43 AM
Anytime Ron Paul has a good chance to express the message of freedom and liberty, he should take it. I think that Howard Stern would be a good platform for the message, because it would reach a lot of people.

DeadheadForPaul
07-12-2007, 06:01 AM
I don't think going on Stern is a good idea. I can just imagine Stern asking something absurd, Ron answering it, and then Fox running it constantly

rockfree33
07-12-2007, 06:28 AM
I think Stern will try his best to get Ron Paul elected just to abolish the FCC's power to censor.

rajibo
07-12-2007, 06:38 AM
If Stern is supportive of the message, I think he should go on the show and believe Stern would be respectful. It would be a huge boost to the campaign. The show is repeated all day long, so the maximum amount of people would hear it.

Don't underestimate the power of the 'Stern effect' and an endorsement by him. He did spearhead the 'Vote for Sanjaya' phenomena this year, which kept that kid on American Idol far longer than he should have been. We just need him to now use that power for something truly important.

Unfortunately, he's said before that he supports Guliani, although he may just not yet realize how much of a fraud Guliani really is.

As an aside, Tucker Carlson is a frequent guest on the Bubba the Love Sponge show, which is on Howard101 on Sirius. It would be a good start if Ron was brought up on there.

spacebetween
07-12-2007, 06:53 AM
WHAT??

The bigger message here is that Ron Paul delivered Selena!!

Where on earth did this information come from? This could be HUGE with the Hispanic community! Many people still gather in Corpus Christi, TX and all over the Rio Grande Valley (in South Texas) for memorials to Selena to this day.

ProximoAZ
07-12-2007, 08:05 AM
Stern made a tasteless joke about Selena - and the media made a huge deal about nothing as usual. He did not hate Selena and that certainly would have no effect on his opinion on Dr. Paul.

Being an avid listner of Howard I think if he really got to know Ron Paul's stand on most issues he would probably support him, but he actually is now mostly a supporter of Hillary and somewhat supports Guliani because he is under the impression he was a good mayor of NYC. Basically he has only superficially looked at the candidates.

rockfree33
07-12-2007, 08:53 AM
I think we should start sending Ron Paul t-shirts, hats and signs to Howard Stern.

http://www.howardstern.com/contact.hs

Andrew76
07-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Yeah, we shouldn't underestimate the power of Stern. A few friends of mine, hardworking blue collar kinda guys who supported GWB had their minds changed by Howard Stern. I can't remember what exactly happened, but I know at some point Howard had some beef against the Bush administration, probably some censorship ordeal. Anyway, he went out of his way from that point on to slag Bush whenever he could, presumably he still does. At some point my pro-Bush friends changed their tune. I think he should definitely go on the show if given the opportunity.

Man from La Mancha
07-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Ron has said that it is the parents responsibility to censor the media for their children. And he always leads by example. Do you think he wants his grandchildren listening to Stern? What of these children's friends say about Ron being on a show that has sluts, garbage mouth talk and anal jokes, ect. They would want to hear their granddad on the show and what would he tell them to not listen to this show. Not a great example.

You like this humor, great, do you want your 5 year olds to hear it?

DisabledVet
07-12-2007, 10:34 AM
It's a game of numbers folks... Howard Stern doesn't bring people onto his show that he doesn't like or support (politically) so if at least Howard endorsed Ron, you would have the huge following of Howards Serius subscribers...in the millions whom regard Howard as some sort of a mini god... they will listen and respond in like.... it might not be all that bad....

Man from La Mancha
07-12-2007, 10:45 AM
No offense but has Ron ever sold out his beliefs ever for money, position or popularity? Howard could still endorse him all he wants.

ceakins
07-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Ron has said that it is the parents responsibility to censor the media for their children. And he always leads by example. Do you think he wants his grandchildren listening to Stern? What of these children's friends say about Ron being on a show that has sluts, garbage mouth talk and anal jokes, ect. They would want to hear their granddad on the show and what would he tell them to not listen to this show. Not a great example.

You like this humor, great, do you want your 5 year olds to hear it?

No that's what being a parent is about you control what your kids do. I having diffaculty in understanding your logic. On one hand you tout how Ron Paul is against government run censorship on the other you suggest he should censor himself from being on a show that could reach millions of people, which is a good thing. I don't agree with everything Ron says but on a whole I think he's right. Ron would be a good fit to be endorsed by Howard, considering what he's gone through with the FCC.

Man from La Mancha
07-12-2007, 11:17 AM
No that's what being a parent is about you control what your kids do.

And what is the best way of teaching your children not do something? Beat them, dictate over them or teach by example. Again if Howard likes him he can support him. I'm sure Howard's fans aren't so one sided they can't get the Paul message another way.

ceakins
07-12-2007, 11:23 AM
And what is the best way of teaching your children not do something? Beat them, dictate over them or teach by example. Again if Howard likes him he can support him. I'm sure Howard's fans aren't so one sided they can't get the Paul message another way.

All of Ron's kids are of the Adult age, so I think they can decide for themselves.

wbbgjr
07-12-2007, 11:25 AM
for those who aren't howard listeners - it would be great to get howard onboard. he can actually get very political and when he does he promotes the candidate like crazy. when he was in his john kerry phase he would constantly bash bush and bring up issues that the MSM dare not bring up. he was like a 6 hour a day advertisement for Kerry at the time.

there's a good chance howard would support ron paul's ideals. howard is a lot smarter than people give him credit for.

Man from La Mancha
07-12-2007, 11:25 AM
All of Ron's kids are of the Adult age, so I think they can decide for themselves.

GRANDCHILDREN

rajibo
07-12-2007, 11:54 AM
If somebody's 5 year old grandchild is listening to Howard Stern, then they must be a horrible grandparent. First, you would need a subscription to Sirius, then you would need to give your grandchild access to the Sirius radio, then you would had to have failed at locking out the channels you don't want your grandchild to listen to, then you would have to assume your grandchild wouldn't rather listen to all the other music channels that would probably be far more interesting to them than Howard Stern.

I thought the idea here was to get Ron Paul elected to President of the United States. I see no conflict between Ron's philosophy of freedom and him making an appearance on the Howard Stern show. I think it would be harmful to limit his options for spreading the message (both to Ron Paul and the message itself).

And I'm sure Ron's grandchildren would be brimming with pride to see him on that old Morton Downey Jr. show.:eek:

ChooseLiberty
07-12-2007, 12:10 PM
I just got this mental picture of a long line of Stern listeners waiting to register Republican. (If you've seen old Stern TV shows you know why this is humorous)

It's a game of numbers folks... Howard Stern doesn't bring people onto his show that he doesn't like or support (politically) so if at least Howard endorsed Ron, you would have the huge following of Howards Serius subscribers...in the millions whom regard Howard as some sort of a mini god... they will listen and respond in like.... it might not be all that bad....

Man from La Mancha
07-12-2007, 12:18 PM
If somebody's 5 year old grandchild is listening to Howard Stern, then they must be a horrible grandparent. First, you would need a subscription to Sirius, then you would need to give your grandchild access to the Sirius radio, then you would had to have failed at locking out the channels you don't want your grandchild to listen to, then you would have to assume your grandchild wouldn't rather listen to all the other music channels that would probably be far more interesting to them than Howard Stern.

I thought the idea here was to get Ron Paul elected to President of the United States. I see no conflict between Ron's philosophy of freedom and him making an appearance on the Howard Stern show. I think it would be harmful to limit his options for spreading the message (both to Ron Paul and the message itself).

And I'm sure Ron's grandchildren would be brimming with pride to see him on that old Morton Downey Jr. show.:eek:

One off the grandchildren friends has listened to their big brothers sirrus radio and comes up to that child and says I heard your grand dad was on that bad words show Howard. He goes home crying because he knows that grand dad won't do that. So what doe's grand dad say to him now do what I say not as I do, haven't I told you to not listen too all those dirty words shows.

Why you must think Howard listeners are so stupid they can't learn about Paul some other way.

Answer me this. Was Kerry on the Howard's show? Is it necessary for Ron to be on it?

Stern endorsed John Kerry in the 2004 U.S. presidential campaign, and urged his listeners to vote for him, the latest in a long string of political endorsements Stern has made.[22] In the past, he had also supported former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani.

ronpaulitician
07-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Ron should not go on his show. The reason is because he delivered the singer Selena. After she was murdered, Stern joked about it. I think Ron would put his principles over publicity and not go on the show.
Really? He delivered her? Small world.

Paul on Stern's show: "I really didn't like the comments you made about Selena after her death, but I will defend your right to say those things."

BLS
07-12-2007, 12:39 PM
All I see is alot of bitching about something that isn't even possible yet.

Unless somebody here is buddy's with Howard Stern, can call him and say "hey, we've (RP supporters online at www.ronpaulforums.com) decided that we want Ron Paul on your show...get him on tomorrow, OK", then we don't really need to WASTE a bunch of time about it here.

RIGHT??

C'mon guys..find something more productive than infighting.

Tim724
07-12-2007, 01:07 PM
S
Being an avid listner of Howard I think if he really got to know Ron Paul's stand on most issues he would probably support him, but he actually is now mostly a supporter of Hillary and somewhat supports Guliani because he is under the impression he was a good mayor of NYC. Basically he has only superficially looked at the candidates.

I am also an avid Stern listener (I've had Sirius since the first day he went on satellite).

Yes, he is a pretty big supporter of Hillary and Guliani.

Stern isn't very smart when it comes to politics and economics. That said, it could be an interesting interview with RP.

Stern's sound engineer--"Scott the engineer"--is a major neo-con/Bush apologist. Stern periodically fights with Scott about politics on the air. Right or wrong, Stern always makes Scott's views sound foolish. It could be interesting if RP were in the middle of Stern's centrism and Scott the Engineer's neo-conservatism.

winston84
07-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Howard Stern is a slug. I distinctly remember that immediately after 9/11 went down, he was spouting off about how we should nuke the middle east.

iiguns
07-12-2007, 01:25 PM
I have been a fan of Howard for 24 years. And I Know if Howard Likes Ron, He will not hit him with any questions or bits that the media would be able to spin. And the publicity on Sterns show would be huge!!!
We are talking Millions of voters.

rajibo
07-12-2007, 01:35 PM
All I see is alot of bitching about something that isn't even possible yet.

Unless somebody here is buddy's with Howard Stern, can call him and say "hey, we've (RP supporters online at www.ronpaulforums.com) decided that we want Ron Paul on your show...get him on tomorrow, OK", then we don't really need to WASTE a bunch of time about it here.

RIGHT??

C'mon guys..find something more productive than infighting.

Actually, comedian Doug Stanhope is a frequent guest on the Stern show and is endorsing Ron Paul for President. We need him to have a little chat with Howard.

Stanhope supports Ron Paul myspace page (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=89839372)

Man from La Mancha
07-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Please forgive me I do not want to rain on your parade. I have nothing against the idea of being on Howard's show. I know that Ron could handle himself in any kind of an interview. And I believe Mr. Stern would really respect him. I just think it would be against his religious belief(modesty) to do so. But I'm not the one to judge. Just my opinion.

acstichter
07-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Stern fan here. A way to get Ron Paul brought up on Howard's radar is to win the support of his dad, Ben. Howard has his dad on the program fairly often because he finds it interesting to ask him his opinions on life, politics and business. He'll often call him when talking about a deep topic.

I don't know Ben Stern's political views, but when Howard was 7 Ben recorded tapes where Ben was interviewing Howard and his sister asking questions like "Do you think it is a good idea for the US to join the United Nations?". It is a famous tape because Howard made a joking answer about "Japs" and Ben yelled at him "I told you not to be an Idiot!".

But Ben is a good guest and a practical thinker. I bet he would receive Ron Paul's message very approvingly. Howard often agrees with his dad or waxes on how smart he is and how he reads the papers every day religiously.

Howard is also very smart and his jokes about turning sand into glass in ME was an honest expression of his reaction to being attacked and not knowing who to hit back at.

Howard was awesome after 9/11 actually. He was broadcasting On-Air in a building in the city and reacted live to the news. He debated on air whether to end the show and get home but decided to stay in the building and broadcast what was happening for his audience. It is an amazing-classic show. He was very quick on pinning it directly to Bin Laden and knew all about him. I think he even talked about how Bush would try to go into Iraq and Iran because of this. His knowledge of the ME seems top notch. This issue alone could cause him to support Ron Paul.

We should definately present him with the introduction to Ron Paul.

www.SternFanNetwork.com is a place all his staff reads religiously to get show ideas and follow the wind of his supporters. This will be a good place to start.

paulitics
07-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Howard endorsed Giuliani for mayor. Think about that.

isufferfromronpaulfever
07-25-2007, 04:57 PM
People, our entire goal here is to spread the message.

Without ANY doubt in my mind, the Howard Stern show is the biggest way of reaching millions.

Why oh why is this topic being neglected? Forget many of these realistically impossible things like raise 10 million, this and that. If we can get Dr. Paul 1 appearance on this show...

I promise you things will change OVERNIGHT!

This is so important. Many of you must not realize the potential with making this happen.

Roxi
07-25-2007, 05:14 PM
I can't stand howard stern....mostly because of the baby in the toilet scene in "private parts" I dont think RP would go on his show if he knew about this issue

that being said if he did go on his show, i wouldnt think it a bad reflection on his part... i dont agree with all of anyones beliefs but i just can't imagine that someone would be turned off by Ron Paul just because he was on the show of some guy that has no moral fiber.....

i mean what someone believes is just that...what they believe....so it shouldn't come into play when your talking politics, or anything that doesnt involve thier personal life

Kregener
07-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Then Ron Paul should not go on television, because television accepts advertising from Planned Parenthood.

And he should avoid Fox because they are war cheerleaders.

And he should avoid CNN because they are communists.

And he should....

Nevermind.

I personally cannot STAND Howard Stern. He panders to the most base and degenerate among us.

isufferfromronpaulfever
07-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Then Ron Paul should not go on television, because television accepts advertising from Planned Parenthood.

And he should avoid Fox because they are war cheerleaders.

And he should avoid CNN because they are communists.

And he should....

Nevermind.

I personally cannot STAND Howard Stern. He panders to the most base and degenerate among us.

You really do have no idea. This is not about Howard Stern and whether you like him or not. It is about targeting an audience on a wide scale basis. Unless you can provide an easier and realistic way of making this kind of impression happen, do not be so quick to write it off.

isufferfromronpaulfever
07-25-2007, 07:51 PM
People are quick to write off the idea because they do not like Howard but what they fail to see is that this is NOT about Howard Stern.

This about touching a wide scale audience.

A Howard Stern appearance is something that Dr. Paul can make happen. It is a realistic possibility. Howard has a bigger following than any other broadcasted, live show. Millions of loyal fans listen daily to him on the Sirius satellite and his shows are available On Demand on many cable and satellite networks.

Bigger than any television program, CNN, Fox News, talk radio show. Its Howard.

One showing could make a HUGE impact. People need to be more open minded and be willing to put their 2 cents into making this happen.

Whether you like Howard or hate him. He is more mainstream than the mainstream media itself.