PDA

View Full Version : DEADLINE THIS 12/31 - 500 letters to Wyoming

fortilite
12-29-2007, 02:03 PM
http://www.louislogan.com/letters/index.asp

It is VERY important that you hand write the Wyoming letters. Don't bite off more than you can chew. I am just taking 10 so I can hand write them. The deadline is soon.

These are to the precinct committee members - these are the 800 people who will be voting in Wyoming on the 5th. Quality over quantity. This needs to happen.

fortilite
12-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Cool, lots of people are taking them. We still need 350 more though!!!

fortilite
12-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Sorry, my bad. 390.

fortilite
12-29-2007, 02:16 PM
If we miss writing to even 1 committee member we are failures as a grassroots.

krott5333
12-29-2007, 02:39 PM
bumpity bump bump

sluggo
12-29-2007, 02:41 PM
What's the latest they can be sent and still be effective?

fortilite
12-29-2007, 02:50 PM
What's the latest they can be sent and still be effective?

Monday. Tuesday is a holiday.

LibertyEagle
12-29-2007, 03:03 PM
bump

sluggo
12-29-2007, 03:03 PM
another bump.

Let's keep this on top until it's done!

ThePieSwindler
12-29-2007, 03:09 PM
So if i start writing now, and send them out ON monday, will they get where they need to go in time?

ThePieSwindler
12-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Wait isnt wyoming on the 5th? Will these get there beforehand?

fortilite
12-29-2007, 03:20 PM
If we send them by Monday they'll get there in time. I'm gonna drop mine in the blue box near the post office tomorrow, just in case.

Just think of it, if you send 10 letters that is to 1.2% of the entire Wyoming vote! :)

ThePieSwindler
12-29-2007, 03:23 PM
If we send them by Monday they'll get there in time. I'm gonna drop mine in the blue box near the post office tomorrow, just in case.

Tomorrow is sunday... dropping them off monday would work just as well.

sluggo
12-29-2007, 03:31 PM
bumpity

fortilite
12-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Bump: 318 to go.

Just imagine, you can write to 1.2% of the Wyoming voters by simply writing 10 letters! Or if you're really ambitious, 2% with 16 letters.

Eric21ND
12-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Awesome let's go guys! We can do these few hundred easy. Be sure to include a good slim jim in all your letters. Maybe a veterans, gun owners, or something along those lines.

fortilite
12-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Interesting thing I noticed, 9/10 of my addresses are women. Is it the same for all of you? Hope this isn't sexist, but I made sure to include a reference to him delivering 4000 babies.

ThePieSwindler
12-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Now are these just going to all registered independents AND republicans, or just independants, or just republicans?

fortilite
12-29-2007, 04:28 PM
These go to every person on a precinct committee for the Republicans in Wyoming. So these 800 people are the people who will be attending the convention. Each of these people are probably very politically involved, and every 8 of them is 1% of the Wyoming vote on the 5th.

I'm pretty sure they are all registered Republican.

fortilite
12-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Blimp. We're getting there! Please take 5-10 addresses if you haven't yet.

Sey.Naci
12-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Interesting thing I noticed, 9/10 of my addresses are women. Is it the same for all of you? Hope this isn't sexist, but I made sure to include a reference to him delivering 4000 babies.Always smart to qualify that with "helping to deliver" 4,000 babies. After all, the mothers did most of the work.

FluffyUnbound
12-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Just requested some.

fortilite
12-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Always smart to qualify that with "helping to deliver" 4,000 babies. After all, the mothers did most of the work.

LOL, I don't think I would vote for him if he had 4,000 babies. ;)

FluffyUnbound
12-29-2007, 05:15 PM
OK, here is a draft of my letter. Feedback would be appreciated.

------------------------------------------

I’m sure you’re hearing from many people asking that you vote for their candidate in the upcoming Republican caucus. I wanted to take a moment to ask that you consider Ron Paul.

For too long, the Republican party establishment has promised to govern by conservative principles, but then has turned around and done the opposite once they get to Washington DC. Year after year, we’ve been promised smaller government. Year after year, we’ve been promised a strictly Constitutional government. Year after year, we’re promised lower spending. When was the last time we actually got any of those things?

If you’ve been disappointed in the leadership the party has received, and have watched in dismay as a Republican party in charge of both the Congress and the Presidency not only failed to cut spending, but actually grew spending at a rate not seen since the Johnson administration, there is finally something you can do about it: You can help send Wyoming’s delegates to the national convention to vote for Ron Paul to be our party’s Presidential candidate.

I know that Congressman Paul is portrayed as a fringe candidate, as an extreme candidate, and as outside the mainstream of our party. But I have come to realize that he is labeled extreme because he actually sticks to the principles our party is supposed to be about. He casts the votes the others aren’t willing to cast. He stands up to the growth of big government, and against the erosion of our traditional liberties. He stands for everything that our party has failed to live up to.

This is the year we all need to live up to those principles too. This is the year to send that message.

Thanks for your time.

fortilite
12-29-2007, 05:19 PM
OK, here is a draft of my letter. Feedback would be appreciated.

------------------------------------------

I’m sure you’re hearing from many people asking that you vote for their candidate in the upcoming Republican caucus. I wanted to take a moment to ask that you consider Ron Paul.

For too long, the Republican party establishment has promised to govern by conservative principles, but then has turned around and done the opposite once they get to Washington DC. Year after year, we’ve been promised smaller government. Year after year, we’ve been promised a strictly Constitutional government. Year after year, we’re promised lower spending. When was the last time we actually got any of those things?

If you’ve been disappointed in the leadership the party has received, and have watched in dismay as a Republican party in charge of both the Congress and the Presidency not only failed to cut spending, but actually grew spending at a rate not seen since the Johnson administration, there is finally something you can do about it: You can help send Wyoming’s delegates to the national convention to vote for Ron Paul to be our party’s Presidential candidate.

I know that Congressman Paul is portrayed as a fringe candidate, as an extreme candidate, and as outside the mainstream of our party. But I have come to realize that he is labeled extreme because he actually sticks to the principles our party is supposed to be about. He casts the votes the others aren’t willing to cast. He stands up to the growth of big government, and against the erosion of our traditional liberties. He stands for everything that our party has failed to live up to.

This is the year we all need to live up to those principles too. This is the year to send that message.

Thanks for your time.

Personally I would avoid that part, you know what they say about people who protesteth too much. It's kind of like when people start a sentence off with "honestly", you get a feeling they are liars.

Here is mine:

Dear ________,

My name is Ryan Pierce and I am writing to ask you to consider supporting Dr. Ron Paul for President in your January 5th Republican County Convention.

Ron Paul is a 10-term Republican Congressman, a former flight surgeon in the US Air Force, and a doctor that has delivered more than 4,000 babies.

In Congress, Dr. Paul has never voted to raise taxes and never voted for an unbalanced budget. He wants to secure our borders, has a clear plan for restoring value to our dollar, and believes individuals should be self-responsible. He believes in following the Constitution and the rule of law which I think is exactly what our country needs.

Please consider supporting Dr. Paul at the convention on January 5, 2008. I would certainly like to hear what you think of Dr. Ron Paul. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Ryan Pierce
###-###-####

You'll notice it's short, my handwriting isn't great if I write really tiny.

ThePieSwindler
12-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Great letter fluffy.

I havent gotten my addresses yet.. ig ot the confirmation email, but when do the addresses come?

fortilite
12-29-2007, 05:21 PM
Usually takes an hour. PM this guy to make sure:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=5474

Edit: looks like he sent the latest out, check your email. Check your spam folder if you don't see them.

FluffyUnbound
12-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Personally I would avoid that part, you know what they say about people who protesteth too much. It's kind of like when people start a sentence off with "honestly", you get a feeling they are liars.

I know exactly what you mean. Still, they also say that if you can turn a negative into a positive you can close the sale.

I figure that Paul's already got the anti-war people, and the most convertible non-anti-war Republicans out there are probably the ones disgusted with the growth of spending. Paul is the conscience of the party on spending and I want to remind people of that.

But I'll look at reworking it. Thanks for your input!

FluffyUnbound
12-29-2007, 05:27 PM
OK, I got mine. I didn't realize they wanted you to use their template and write their text out by hand.

No biggie, I can do that, that's fine - but won't sending the same letter to everyone make it apparent that it's a form letter, even if everyone just gets one?

fortilite
12-29-2007, 05:31 PM
OK, I got mine. I didn't realize they wanted you to use their template and write their text out by hand.

No biggie, I can do that, that's fine - but won't sending the same letter to everyone make it apparent that it's a form letter, even if everyone just gets one?

You can write your own. Use yours Fluffy, it's more genuine if it comes from you. That template was just a suggestion. I like the talking points they have though in the list in the email. Also like thier suggestion of printing out the stationary.

rs3515
12-29-2007, 05:32 PM

Fluffy -- This is Ron, the guy running the letter writing site. You don't have to follow the template exactly. It is ok to make edits, as long as you stay focused on the major important facts about Ron Paul.

FluffyUnbound
12-29-2007, 05:33 PM
OK, thanks man.

I like the wording of sections of your letter better anyway. It's more polished.

rs3515
12-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Interesting thing I noticed, 9/10 of my addresses are women. Is it the same for all of you? Hope this isn't sexist, but I made sure to include a reference to him delivering 4000 babies.

Yes, you're being sexist. :) I actually have gender in the original data set, and it's 420 women, 413 men ... just about the same as the general population. ;)

rs3515
12-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Also not sure if anyone wants to take these, but for some reason the original data set has two South Dakota addresses for a town on the border with Wyoming. They are not posted on the website.

Anyone know if there's a good reason why someone might be part of the Wyoming GOP and have an address in South Dakota?

fortilite
12-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Could be their businesses or something. I think it's safe to assume it's legal, what ever the reason.

fortilite
12-29-2007, 06:09 PM
215 more to go. We might just get them all.

rs3515
12-29-2007, 06:14 PM
I just realized I should have added a couple of additional sentences to the template letter. I'll send out an email to everyone adding these (since they are now on the website):

"There is no stronger friend and defender of our 2nd Amendment rights than Ron Paul. He has been endorsed by the Wyoming State Shooting Association which said, "his voting record and strong voice have been perfect from the very beginning of his political career." Dr. Paul has also been endorsed by State Senator Cale Case, PhD of Lander who noted, "America can choose to continue our decline towards lost liberties and a government driven by big special interests, or we can choose freedom and support the Constitution by voting for Ron Paul."

sluggo
12-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Print out the gun owners flyer at the campaign site. It can say what you may not have time to in the letter. :)

rs3515
12-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Good point about the gun owners flyer ... I'm adding this into the revised template letter I will send for the rest of the addresses.

rs3515
12-29-2007, 06:44 PM
One additional point made to me by a letter writer worth adding. Ron Paul wants to stop the NAIS (National Animal Identification System), which will be important to a lot of ranchers.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul326.html

sluggo
12-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Gun owners Slim Jim PDF: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/files/GunOwnersSlimJim.pdf

Gun owners flyer:http://www.ronpaul2008.com/uploads/pdf/78.pdf

RP vs. other candidates: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/uploads/pdf/84.pdf

ThePieSwindler
12-29-2007, 07:42 PM
I made mine a little over a page handwritten, as i believe a handwritten letter will be read to completion - would you not be intrigued to read a letter personally styled and handwritten to you by someone youve never heard of or met, to completion? Take time to actually inform them why youbelieve Ron Paul will help bring about a "Republican renaissance" as i put it in my letter. Also, emphasize that he wants to bring our troops out of harms way, and wants to fight terrorism through intelligence-gathering, direct action, and sensible foreign policy, and that he supports veterans and has the most money from active duty military.

ThePieSwindler
12-29-2007, 08:18 PM
bump, cmon lets get this DONE! 150 or so to go!

kutibah
12-29-2007, 08:24 PM
Bump!

fortilite
12-30-2007, 11:50 AM
50 more left! They need to be done today. Please take 5.