PDA

View Full Version : My cell phone number is 310-597-95..

RonRules
12-29-2007, 01:44 PM
We need to do canvassing and send the Ron Paul message to cell phones.

Here's how: Start with known root numbers of your own cell phones. For example in my case: 310-597-95xx. Call the 99 other remaining numbers. i.e. 310-597-9500, 310-597-9501, etc.

Please be Paulite! Call at reasonable times. Don't argue. Start with "Hello, I am (state your name) and represent the Presidential candidate Ron Paul. Do you know that Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate that want immediate troop withdrawal from Iraq?" "What issue interests you most?"

Write down topics before hand, but DON'T READ A SCRIPT. Ask questions instead.

If they are clearly not interested, apologize for the call and put them in you own don't call list. If they are interested point them to the nearest grass root leader, meetup group, sign waving days, money bomb, Ron Paul marches, etc.

Continue until a 99 numbers are done. This is a reasonable task for anyone interested in helping Ron Paul get to the presidency.

------------------------------
The Paulite R3volUTION

american.swan
12-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Interesting idea.. The shy ones might just send 99 text messages.

Madcat455
12-29-2007, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't recommend this...

Working in a Cell phone retail store for 8yrs, I can confirm that the people are panicky, and react VERY poorly to any kind of solicitations on thier cell phones.

This will not go well for the cause. Not to mention, they'll be majorly angry that you're burning up their minutes for unsolicited BS.

I would be VERY pissed if someone called me on my cell to solicit anything.

The cause is good, but the people will not react favorable to it. You should see the angry mobs we get in every time that prank Email goes out about a "Cell Phone Directory":eek::eek:

Stick to land lines.

thuja
12-29-2007, 02:36 PM
BUT, it COULD be landline numbers! also, if ou ever call anycustomer service for anything, you can find opportunities to talk to them too, just call at slow times, not the holidays. i have really good luck with customer sevice, and still have lots of catalog companies to call to remove my name from thei list.

Madcat455
12-29-2007, 02:49 PM
Actually....

If you do as the OP stated, You'll only get Cell phones(unless someone has ported thier number to a Land Line.... but that's rare)

In the good ol days, Cell numbers were specifically allocated to blocks of NPA/NXX sequences.

IE (555) 555 would be cell phones for that area with different carriers getting different blocks of 1000 #'s within that NXX. But the NXX never crossed with Land lines.

So with him wanting you to do it in blocks of 100's off of your existing cell#, you'll almost be guaranteed to get cell phones exclusivley.

Before Nov. 2004 that wouldn't have been a big deal as they would've been in the same carrier and most didn't get charged for that (mobile to mobile). But now with LNP... it could be any carrier, and more than likley will cost the reciever money.

I'm all for calling Land lines... but then you'd need to stick to the NXX of the known land lines in your area, and go in blocks of 1000's from there.

granted, alot of people have ported their Land line numbers to cells.... but the chance of you getting a cell # using Land line NXX is 100x less than using a Cell NXX.

RonRules
12-29-2007, 02:52 PM
Once you've done the 99 numbers, please post the root number that you have called. i.e. 310-597-95xx. (I'm doing those now, so use different numbers) We should keep this list current and sticky on this forum. This will prevent calling people more than once. Until it's sticky, please bump up.

If you really think this will annoy people, consider texting instead. People with land lines are being called dozens of times and we now need to work on cell phones.

Nobody is minding so far, but 4 out of 9 had no idea what I was talking about. The message needs to be communicated.