PDA

View Full Version : You guys know that there is a nationally televised debate on Jan 5th, right?

nist7
12-29-2007, 01:09 PM
GOP candidates to meet in N.H. forum

WASHINGTON (AP) — The New Hampshire Republican Party is sponsoring a forum for Republican presidential candidates on Jan. 6, two days before the state's first-in-the-nation primary.

The forum, where the candidates will be questioned by Fox New Channel's Chris Wallace, will be held a day after ABC holds back to back Democratic and Republican presidential debates.

"Never underestimate New Hampshire voters' appetite for politics," said Fergus Cullen, the chairman of the state Republican Party.

Participating in the forum will be Rudy Giuliani, Mike Huckabee, John McCain, Mitt Romney and Fred Thompson.

Unlike a debate, the candidates will face questions from Wallace around a table in a studio on the campus of St. Anselm College in Goffstown, N.H.. The 90-minute encounter will air live beginning at 8 p.m. ET on the Fox News Channel and on Fox News Radio.
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iNxTApa2sQRu0Xx99P3jt2bEXw7gD8TQ2N282

Yes, I am as mad as some of you. And I have submitted my complaint to the appropriate parties to try to get Dr. Paul onto the Fox News forum. This is not an actual debate as much as to just find out what each candidate thinks. HOWEVER, I just wanted to remind you guys that there will be a nationally televised debate on Jan 5th, in which Ron Paul is scheduled to attend:

MANCHESTER – Republican presidential candidates Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney yesterday agreed to participate in the WMUR/ABC/Facebook presidential debates just three days before the primary Jan. 8.

They join fellow Republicans John McCain, Mike Huckabee, Ron Paul, Duncan Hunter and Fred Thompson in officially agreeing to the debates scheduled for Jan. 5 at St. Anselm College. The forums begin at 7 p.m.

Bartlett said all the major Democratic and Republican candidates’ campaigns have been involved in discussions about the debates.

Democratic presidential candidates who have committed to the debates include Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, John Edwards, Chris Dodd, Joseph Biden and Dennis Kucinich, according to WMUR news director Andrew Vrees.

Giuliani also agreed yesterday to participate in a presidential debate on the Fox network on Jan. 6, although no debate is currently scheduled. Fox News, with the state Republican Party, had scheduled a Republican debate for that date, but withdrew the proposal when candidates did not commit to the event.

State Republican Party chair Fergus Cullen said the party has been discussing a presidential forum for several months with Fox News for Jan. 6 and has been in touch with all the campaigns about it. "We’ve gotten a favorable response, but that is short of a commitment," he said yesterday.

He said he has noted all along he does not expect the presidential candidates to make a firm commitment to participate in any end-of-the-campaign events until much closer to when they are held.

The state Republican Party has scheduled a presidential forum for 11 a.m. Jan. 6 at the Function Center at Hampshire Hills in Milford. The party’s presidential candidates have been invited to participate in the forum.
http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=All+candidates+accept+debate +offer+from+ABC%2C+WMUR&articleId=141a7c52-a168-4f70-9497-8230e7309e9e

As much as I want Dr. Paul to get on the Forum.....if Fox News and the NH GOP don't want Paul to be there.....he won't be there.

Maybe we should divert some of our energy towards increased grassroots efforts.

synthetic
12-29-2007, 01:10 PM
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3641/ronpaulelephantor5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

TuningIn
12-29-2007, 01:13 PM
I love the picture.

DirtMcGirt
12-29-2007, 01:16 PM
awesome pic

akijikan
12-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Yes this is the point I've been making since this who thing took off. We're fighting to get him in the Forum. He's already in the debate.

nist7
12-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Yes this is the point I've been making since this who thing took off. We're fighting to get him in the Forum. He's already in the debate.

As much as I want Dr. Paul to get on the Forum.....if Fox News and the NH GOP don't want Paul to be there.....he won't be there.

Maybe we should divert some of our energy towards increased grassroots efforts.

freedom-maniac
12-29-2007, 01:24 PM
The way the podiums are set up in the picture it makes the other candidates look like cardboard standups...which they if you think about it.