PDA

View Full Version : Boycott 4 Freedom!!!!!!!!!!!

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-29-2007, 12:54 PM
We are in desperate need of donations. The site needs money so that we can get more form submissions. Right now, we're limited to 25. We need $50 so that we can upgrade the site and get unlimited forum submissions. We're also looking for $20 to get a domain name. But the $50 is most important.

BOYCOTT 4 FREEDOM- come and tell us what FOX advertisers YOU'RE boycotting until FOX lets Ron Paul on the debate.

freewebs.com/boycott4freedom

Jeremy
12-29-2007, 12:58 PM
You can get a domain name for about $9.

GoDaddy.com

Maybe there are other free methods you can use as well (for the form or whatever)

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-29-2007, 01:01 PM
stormcommander, it would be easiest to do it through freewebs.com

Brad324
12-29-2007, 01:02 PM
that's a great looking site - Though Mesler is creating a dot-com domain, with ties to ronpaulgraphs.com and live tracking. He has stated he's willing to pay the website fees( http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=67754&page=5 ), and I believe he's working on the site right now. Let's make this as professional and efficient as possible, so to maximize the spread of this viral boycott.

as quoted from the original topic

American Express - 1-800-869-3016 cancel this card immediately, and let them know why
Best Buy - 1-888-BEST-BUY let them know you will never shop there again
Comcast - 1-800-COMCAST cancel immediately, informing them why

if we can get even 10% of Ron Paul supporters to act on this boycott ASAP, we will have an impact.

fedup100
12-29-2007, 01:02 PM
This is being done now and the domain has been purchased. We need to come together on this, not fracture into a 100 weak organizations.

registered boycott4freedom08.com, waiting on the hosting company to set things up.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=67754

cujothekitten
12-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Way to go guys. This should get things moving.

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-29-2007, 01:04 PM
yes, he's been working on that with me.

Brad324
12-29-2007, 01:07 PM
something important to note: when you create the official boycott page, and submit it to digg, DON'T include Ron Paul in the title. Keep it simply to "Boycott Fox News sponsors".

Digg has pretty much been corrupted. They just added a new feature which allows all candidates to get equal representation, regardless of popularity. It is very difficult to get a Ron Paul submission to the main page. I repeat - DO NOT TAG THIS AS A RON PAUL MOVEMENT.

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-29-2007, 01:11 PM
something important to note: when you create the official boycott page, and submit it to digg, DON'T include Ron Paul in the title. Keep it simply to "Boycott Fox News sponsors".

Digg has pretty much been corrupted. They just added a new feature which allows all candidates to get equal representation, regardless of popularity. It is very difficult to get a Ron Paul submission to the main page. I repeat - DO NOT TAG THIS AS A RON PAUL MOVEMENT.

Smart

mesler
12-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Wait wait wait, we don't need any donations. I registered a domain, have hosting, all we have to do is put something out there.

Brad324
12-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Wait wait wait, we don't need any donations. I registered a domain, have hosting, all we have to do is put something out there.

take your time, and do it right. This needs to be a professional and focused as possible. Try to keep everything on the same page, with live comments with each confirmed boycott (so people can see a huge list of people that have cancelled their subscriptions/credit cards and/or vowed to permanently avoid shopping at best buy. And read about their experiences on the phone. The ability to track the progress as it happens is huge for motivation)

mesler
12-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Ok, just spoke to 1and1, who will be hosting it, and it's in the queue. Normally they get sites up and running in minutes, not sure why they're behind today.

I'll keep you guys posted.

mesler
12-29-2007, 01:25 PM
take your time, and do it right. This needs to be a professional and focused as possible. Try to keep everything on the same page, with live comments with each confirmed boycott (so people can see a huge list of people that have cancelled their subscriptions/credit cards and/or vowed to permanently avoid shopping at best buy. And read about their experiences on the phone. The ability to track the progress as it happens is huge for motivation)

I agree completely Brad, the more professional it looks, the more people will sign on with it. I think the moneybomb formula is good and familiar.

mesler
12-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Ok, the domain is up and going, and I set up my own interpretation of what I think it should look like. Smart has access to it as well. We can hack what I set up and incorporate some of what smart does, or I can forward the domain to smart's.

Give us feedback:

It is NOT LIVE YET!
http://boycott4freedom08.com

Brad324
12-29-2007, 05:42 PM
looks great so far

joenaab
12-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Why not Foxboycottforfreedom?????????

mesler
12-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Maybe we ant to boycott other companies too? :)

mesler
12-29-2007, 07:27 PM
I have everything set up to work, just waiting on the feedburner stats to show subscribers.