PDA

View Full Version : I think it's more important we donate to the blimp now

Jeremy
12-29-2007, 12:19 PM
The main campaign has plenty of money, the blimp is in NEED right now!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
12-29-2007, 12:26 PM
i gave to the blimp, but i am really wondering WTF is going on with it??

i thought we would be seeing videos and pics all over the place with rallies and lots of media coverage. the blimp subforum is a fucking ghost town.

rooteroa
12-29-2007, 12:28 PM
yeah, the blimp hasn't made the impact many thought it would.

born2drv
12-29-2007, 12:33 PM
ditto- i've been dissapointed in the blimp, at first it was a great idea.... then lots of negative reactions by supporters, then it was on again, and seemed to be on track with some initial good press.... now it's up and running and press coverage has stagnated and it's not really generating that much "excitement" anymore, so i think the blimp idea has run it's course, especially given the budget to keep it up in the air.

jeff_from_VA
12-29-2007, 12:34 PM
The Blimp is about as effective as Hukabees money bomb was...

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-29-2007, 12:40 PM

Haha. True

NerveShocker
12-29-2007, 12:58 PM
The blimp is effective, your mistaken if you think not. Many people have looked into how much money's worth of media exposure it has given us and the low estimate was 2million. Not to mention all the crazy attacks about the blimp having a settlement, or donating to the blimp being illegal have been recently de-bunked(Proven false). The blimp is the most revolutionary project we have and has easily paid for itself... and will do so even more now that it is in the south(Better weather). Currently it's in Florida heading to Orlando.

Go here to details on the questions answered by the blimp group:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=67002&page=4

Help save the Ron Paul Blimp! Details at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

ProBlue33
12-29-2007, 01:04 PM
http://www.slatev.com/player.html?id=1357341099

This one shows Trevor and Eljah inside the blimp.

thuja
12-29-2007, 01:05 PM
i love the blimp, and think it is a great advertising item.i think it's lack of attraction comes from our own lack of excitement, so let's talk it up, do and send videos, etc... it needs video of ppls reactions wherever it is.

bolidew
12-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Unless blimp can really show up on one of major events like bowl games as they advertised at first, donate your money to official campaign if you have not maxed out yet.

Troyhand
12-29-2007, 01:21 PM
yeah, the blimp hasn't made the impact many thought it would.

We don't even know yet what kind of effect the blimp has had for the campaign and your already giving up on it. IT'S ONLY BEEN UP FOR A FEW WEEKS! Were you expecting all the media to cave immediately and the whole country to catch Blimp fever?
We DO KNOW that wherever the blimp has gone, we've gotten FREE local media attention.
We DO KNOW that many, many people are now exposed to the blimp (in the south for now) and many of those will become curious about Ron Paul. This is basic effective advertising promotion. In this case, the return revenue is in the votes.
We DON'T KNOW what the aggregate effect will be until the votes are cast. Do you honestly want to give up on it before the primary election has even started? If we give up now, then we would have wasted our money. Keeping it up until Super Tuesday will guarantee us exposure and counter the blackout the MSM is trying to keep on us.
I think some of you are so conditioned to Instant Gratification, you have no patience or understanding of how beneficial steady, long-term strategy can be. The blimp will never be on the cover of Time Magazine. So what? The more people who are exposed to it over time, the more it helps the campaign. Once something is seen, it cannot be unseen.

davidt!
12-29-2007, 01:35 PM
If we can raise 19 Million for the official campaign, surely we can raise $400,000 for the blimp.

NerveShocker
12-29-2007, 01:52 PM
We don't even know yet what kind of effect the blimp has had for the campaign and your already giving up on it. IT'S ONLY BEEN UP FOR A FEW WEEKS! Were you expecting all the media to cave immediately and the whole country to catch Blimp fever?
We DO KNOW that wherever the blimp has gone, we've gotten FREE local media attention.
We DO KNOW that many, many people are now exposed to the blimp (in the south for now) and many of those will become curious about Ron Paul. This is basic effective advertising promotion. In this case, the return revenue is in the votes.
We DON'T KNOW what the aggregate effect will be until the votes are cast. Do you honestly want to give up on it before the primary election has even started? If we give up now, then we would have wasted our money. Keeping it up until Super Tuesday will guarantee us exposure and counter the blackout the MSM is trying to keep on us.
I think some of you are so conditioned to Instant Gratification, you have no patience or understanding of how beneficial steady, long-term strategy can be. The blimp will never be on the cover of Time Magazine. So what? The more people who are exposed to it over time, the more it helps the campaign. Once something is seen, it cannot be unseen.

+1 But you forgot that the blimp is one of the most state of the art blimps in the world and that we made history by being the first to ever do this for a candidate. ;)

parke
12-29-2007, 02:15 PM

ouch..

Its not everyday people see a blimp with a cool guys name on it.

Its been worth it, the return on investment has been staggering. CNN, MSNBC, FOX, small town tv, paper and blog... thats worth millions.

Think about it.

Mckarnin
12-29-2007, 02:48 PM
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/blog/archives/category/photos-of-and-from-the-blimp

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/blog/archives/category/blimpvideo

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/blog/archives/category/in-the-news

Mckarnin
12-29-2007, 02:49 PM
We have not gotten may youtubes of local coverage yet but we know the stuff is out there because people from all over have heard of the blimp.

nc4rp
12-29-2007, 02:55 PM
its another thing they mention on the news, that makes it worth every penny.

bucfish
12-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Save the Blimp! I donated last night and gonna on Monday too!

european
12-29-2007, 02:57 PM
wanna know how effective that blimp is?
check out this thread with beautiful pictures: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=67570
you will see how many people are reached by the blimp! its an amazing amazing huge flying billboard that makes people talk about and point at it and call their collegues to come and watch :cool:

NerveShocker
12-29-2007, 03:09 PM
The blimp is the symbol of our rEVOLution if you ask me :)

Remember, Blimping ain't easy..

Jordan
12-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Consider that "Ron Paul blimp" is one of the biggest search terms for Yahoo...

I think its done quite a bit. And for $400k, its been relatively cheap.