PDA

View Full Version : Over in a matter months--no matter what, we've already won

Bradley in DC
12-29-2007, 11:19 AM
I was sort of waiting for a quiet time to post this, but I suspect those days are over. No matter what the outcome, the official campaign will be over in a matter of months. I just needed to say that, as far as I'm concerned, we've already won.

On a personal note, the past year and a half have been the worst of my life (series of very serious family crises, pit bull attack, etc) but that this campaign--and this forum in particular--I will always cherish. Never till the day I die will I forget the sense of community and belonging and kinship and hope and... well, all of it that I felt during our thread on Bernake's testimony to the banking committee (yes, I am that much of a dork :o). That was my life for several years for Dr. Paul, and I never then would have dreamed there were, well, so many of us so committed.

I'm not even going to try to name all of the names of my new friends from here whom I hope to cherish long after the close of the second Paul Administration.

More broadly, as a DC privacy advocate, I've watched most of our hard-earned gains reverse after 9/11 and been distressed at the prospect of "that man" winning my party's nomination and "that woman" taking the other. The real campaign, the grassroots--all of you--are incredible, and what we're doing has reaffirmed my faith in our ideals and the future of our country. We are not alone, we are not the only ones.

The infrastructure that we're building now is laying the foundation for a new generation of successes: this forum, RonPaulRadio.com, Trevor's company, Lord Xar's and the other PACs, Liberty Congress, etc. It's getting too hard to even keep track of them all. And that is a welcome change of problems to end the year.

Thank you all.

Ibgamer
12-29-2007, 11:20 AM
*Won

yongrel
12-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Well said

Menthol Patch
12-29-2007, 11:22 AM
That is why we CAN win. We are UNITED together and NOTHING can stop the REVOLUTION!

Mortikhi
12-29-2007, 11:40 AM
One what?

One finger.

FU MSM

Jeremy
12-29-2007, 11:41 AM
Ya, it's good to be a part of something. And not something that's just nonsense like the 911 "truthers".

Bradley in DC
12-29-2007, 11:42 AM
One what?

:o sorry, edited it, we've already "won"

Bradley in DC
12-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Ya, it's good to be a part of something. And not something that's just nonsense like the 911 "truthers".

Funny thing, it's been with some of the truthers with whom I've sparred that I'm now closest with and whose friendships I cherish.

ecliptic
12-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Funny thing, it's been with some of the truthers with whom I've sparred that I'm now closest with and whose friendships I cherish.

People who seek the truth are good, deep down. People who spread hatred of truth, or hate in general... are "part of the problem".

I agree that we have already won. Thanks to everyone at these forums who seeks a better America and a better world.

DjLoTi
12-29-2007, 11:50 AM
Bradddd!!!! wassup. You rock!

tsetsefly
12-29-2007, 11:51 AM
Even if Paul woudl lose, we have set the groundwork, we can use this network to elect people to congress, senate etc. We can really change the country.

Swmorgan77
12-29-2007, 11:54 AM
We have won already. Just look at what this effort has accomplished already:

1) We now have networks of grass-roots Constitutionalists fired up in every major city, we have met each other face to face and know who each other are.
2) We have shattered the perception that classical liberalism/Constitutionalism/libertarianism is an outdated ideology held only by a very few isolated people and has no mass appeal
3) We have forced the enemies of freedom to overplay their hands and expose their tactics and motives in way that they would never have risked doing prior. This has and will continue to wake even more people up.

As long as we make sure that we keep these networks active and keep ourselves and each other motivated and working for liberty in our communities and when necessary through nationwide efforts, even a defeat in this Presidential race will be nothing but a speed bump.

fedup100
12-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Thank you Bradley. You as always are so correct. You have always been one of my most favorite posters here. I too love this forum and hope that after the election, no matter which way it goes, that it will stay together and grow larger and larger and organize and take its power to truly change things to a new level.

I also wish I could be as controlled and reasoned as you have always been, sadly I am who I am and it ain't pretty sometimes, but if you only knew, my heart is as big as Texas and is in the right place.

Perry
12-29-2007, 12:02 PM
I was sort of waiting for a quiet time to post this, but I suspect those days are over. No matter what the outcome, the official campaign will be over in a matter of months. I just needed to say that, as far as I'm concerned, we've already won.

On a personal note, the past year and a half have been the worst of my life (series of very serious family crises, pit bull attack, etc) but that this campaign--and this forum in particular--I will always cherish. Never till the day I die will I forget the sense of community and belonging and kinship and hope and... well, all of it that I felt during our thread on Bernake's testimony to the banking committee (yes, I am that much of a dork :o). That was my life for several years for Dr. Paul, and I never then would have dreamed there were, well, so many of us so committed.

I'm not even going to try to name all of the names of my new friends from here whom I hope to cherish long after the close of the second Paul Administration.

More broadly, as a DC privacy advocate, I've watched most of our hard-earned gains reverse after 9/11 and been distressed at the prospect of "that man" winning my party's nomination and "that woman" taking the other. The real campaign, the grassroots--all of you--are incredible, and what we're doing has reaffirmed my faith in our ideals and the future of our country. We are not alone, we are not the only ones.

The infrastructure that we're building now is laying the foundation for a new generation of successes: this forum, RonPaulRadio.com, Trevor's company, Lord Xar's and the other PACs, Liberty Congress, etc. It's getting too hard to even keep track of them all. And that is a welcome change of problems to end the year.

Thank you all.

Your presence here has been invaluable Bradley. The good news is that even those people based in reality are not invulnerable to surprises.
Wait until you see what is about to happen next week.:)

Kregener
12-29-2007, 12:04 PM
+1,000 Bradley.

Bump.

Revolution9
12-29-2007, 12:05 PM

OK jack I suggest you stop trolling right now or I will make your tenure on this board miserable. There was absolutely no fucking reason to post what you did after Bradley posted what he did.

BTW.. I now know your IQ is only double digits due to your focus . How cpme it is the low IQ drooldonkeys who post this tripe and balderdash? If I didn;t think you were a shill for another campaign i would invte you for a beer at the Inaugural Ball and smoke your tiny intellect into a heap of dessicated troll ash.

Hi Bradley.. Liked your post:D

Randy

PatriotOne
12-29-2007, 12:13 PM
We are definately winning this battle but we still have a war to fight. If we do not win this war and get RP to the Presidency, we (and other like-minded movements) definately have the momentum to shape the future of politics. The other battle I see we are winning is the future of the media. We are winning that because a whole generation has been exposed to the manipulations of the Mainstream propaganda networks and those who are not aware have one foot in the grave already.

The only question remaining in my mind is: Are we going to win the war in 2008 or 2012? It isn't over till the fat lady sings at the inauguration!

skilt
12-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Hey Bradley,

Great post. The movement will continue on long after the campaign. The thing we need to do after primary season is to continue to commune together and set about making long term efforts for change through this wonderful network of people who've be brought together by this campaign. If Dr. Paul loses, fine, we start with the state houses and then the congress. If he wins, we move on to electing a likeminded congress. We have so much to do that really can only be measured in years not days or months to rediret our country's direction. We have to be united and dedicated for a long term struggle. Power to the people. We've layed the cornerstone, now it's time to build.

Sk.

P.S. Are you from the eastside or westside of the 'nati. I live in walnut hills.

Flirple
12-29-2007, 12:21 PM
If anyone doubts that we have already won, please just send some time imagining what this race would have looked like if Ron Paul had never even announce he was forming an exploratory committee.

Bradley in DC
12-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Are you from the eastside or westside of the 'nati. I live in walnut hills.

Too funny, westsider! Born in Price Hill, grew up in Mt. Airy (then St. X. & M.U.), parents now live in Colerain "outside of the Beltway" (sorry for mixing my vernaculars) where I am as I type.

Let's get a Cincy gathering together for tonight before I head back tomorrow. (and going to try to meet a RPF guy in Columbus tomorrow and another in WV afterwards)

Bradley in DC
12-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Oh, and mad props (:cool: ;) :D) to Josh and Bryan--love you guys! :)

freelance
12-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Hey Bradley,

Thanks for the post. I only take exception with one thing:

Over in a matter months

NOPE! It's only just the beginning...

If things turn out other than we hope they will, more people will awaken just like some of the Dems have awakened to the fact that there is but one party now.

We can hasten the awakening, and we won't have to walk on eggshells any longer. We can call a conspiracy a conspiracy--what do you think exclusion from the debate is--two or more people "arranging" things to exclude our good doctor. We will have a couple of years to educate and enlighten before we storm Congress with a new Freshman class of Ron Paul Republicans.

It's all good.

AFM
12-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Yes, in a way we have already won.
Think of the fire that we have sparked. I never thought Id ever be interested in politics. I thought it was hopeless.
THIS IS A REVOLUTION.
FOR THE REPUBLIC

cujothekitten
12-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Not only have we won; we have also laid the groundwork for a strong movement that should continue after the election. We have the resources to keep this thing going... we should march on.

My hope is that we all work just as hard at passing on these ideas as we are with promoting Ron Paul.

No matter what happens I have cherished this time we've spent together and hope to work with all of you in the future :)

Bradley in DC
12-29-2007, 12:33 PM
Hey Bradley,

Thanks for the post. I only take exception with one thing

Sorry, to clarify, the "official primary campaign" of the good doctor ends no later than September. Really though, we should know who will be the presumptive nominee much sooner.

skilt
12-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Too funny, westsider! Born in Price Hill, grew up in Mt. Airy (then St. X. & M.U.), parents now live in Colerain "outside of the Beltway" (sorry for mixing my vernaculars) where I am as I type.

Let's get a Cincy gathering together for tonight before I head back tomorrow. (and going to try to meet a RPF guy in Columbus tomorrow and another in WV afterwards)

I'd love to, but I'm on call tonight at University Hospital; but that being said let's get together sometime and rap about things going forward. I will PM you my info. If RP makes noise early and through Super Tuesday, maybe we can use your local knowledge to set up a ground game here. Question? Did every one go to X? Seems like all my fellow resident friends from Cinci went to X. It's a compliment to the school. Safe travels brother.

Sk

nc4rp
12-29-2007, 12:42 PM
although i appreciate the good vibes, dont look ahead - we have NOT won yet, WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TRENCHES. FOCUS NOW.

check this out - http://nc4ronpaul.wncpc.com/domain_id.htm

Bradley in DC
12-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Question? Did every one go to X? Seems like all my fellow resident friends from Cinci went to X. It's a compliment to the school.

St. X is the high school, and yes, it's a who's who of Cincy boys. X.U. is the University. (They were originally both the same school nearly 200 years ago) You're obviously not from these parts. :D

freelance
12-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Sorry, to clarify, the "official primary campaign" of the good doctor ends no later than September. Really though, we should know who will be the presumptive nominee much sooner.

No, no, I meant that "we're" not over. This forum is not going to disappear, and I suspect we'll just get more creative and vocal as time goes on. There's no turning back now.

Snatching liberty and sovereignty is not going to be as easy after this campaign. And, the do-nothing Dem lifers may just be in for the surprise of their lives in the next election.

Karnac tells me that he sees a Ron Paul Republican candidate sub-forum filling up with candidates after the primaries.

eldeeder
12-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Very Well put... This movement has shown me that its not too late for our country.

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-29-2007, 12:56 PM
Great post. Inspiring. We should make a Ron Paul ad out of this. Can I? Haha.

ChicagoLawyer
12-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Wonderful post, and wonderful thoughts from many of you. A couple of us in Chicago are trying to organize a meeting for after Super Tuesday where we'll talk about "what is to be done" whether or not Ron Paul is the nominee or not. I hope to discuss whether we should try and start a new organization, whether joining an existing one that's across the country--such as the Republican Liberty Caucus--would be the way to go, or whether we should just keep in touch online and help out various people when they run for office as Ron Paul Republicans.

Whatever happens, I hope at the least that in 4 years people will talk about the Ron Paul presence in the GOP, the numerous Ron Paul Republican local, state, and federal elected officials and candidates across the country, and the Paulroots that have "taken over" the internet. Think of what the Howard Dean effect--his chairmanship of the Democratic Party, the dominance of liberal bloggers in the party, the 2006 takeover of Congress and state offices--has done to the Democrats. If we only have half of that--and I hope it's a whole lot more!--we'll have done our country invaluable service.

Mark
12-29-2007, 01:56 PM

Welcome to the board.

Yeah, I can't believe those neo-cons expect the world to believe the "truth" propaganda propagated by Bush and Co.

Anyone with half of a brain and half of an open mind that's half not brainwashed knows we were lied to by them.

It's obvious. Everything's obvious.

But the real truth is so shocking it goes far beyond what the average person can even conceive of or grasp.

So they live in a constant state of denial, out of ignorance, or even fear.

Perhaps the evil that some men can do is too much of a shock to handle.

But enough people do know the truth, or, if not the whole truth, at least enough not to be fooled by the neo-cons.

And, what's most important, is that when they die, those behind the lies of 9/11 will meet a fate at the hands of God,
of such horrible magnitude that they will with immeasurable passion curse the thought that began the process.

They may have the wealth and power now, but they will wish they could give it all away and start their earthly life again
in order to escape their final punishment.

Do not envy those you see in power now, pity them, for what awaits them when they depart this world.

parke
12-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Amen.. wish you coulda stopped and had lunch.

-Restore our Rights
-End this War
-Save our Dollar

VOTE RON PAUL!!

Nihilist23
12-29-2007, 02:12 PM
If Ron Paul does not get in the White House, we haven't won anything. This country will probably cease to exist if he does not win.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-29-2007, 02:29 PM
We haven't won. This revolution can disappear as fast as it arose and be fodder for historical revisionists.

scrosnoe
12-29-2007, 06:18 PM
:) - I continue to learn that the team is better than the one and find that seekers of truth have much truth to impart. I love learning and sharing with you all!

We are in the Lord's hands, let us trust Him and see what He will do on our behalf in the days ahead!

Blessings all,
Sandie

ps well fertilized soil brings forth good crops . . .

inibo
12-29-2007, 08:08 PM
I'd love to, but I'm on call tonight at University Hospital; but that being said let's get together sometime and rap about things going forward. I will PM you my info. If RP makes noise early and through Super Tuesday, maybe we can use your local knowledge to set up a ground game here. Question? Did every one go to X? Seems like all my fellow resident friends from Cinci went to X. It's a compliment to the school. Safe travels brother.

Sk

It is indeed a small world. My family moved to Cincinnati when I was in the sixth grade. I lived in Pleasant Ridge and went to Walnut Hills High School. I moved away in 1972, but I will always have fond memories of it.