PDA

View Full Version : Your Over-Emotionalism Will Harm Ron Paul..

worldtruthfreedom
12-29-2007, 10:36 AM
That's right! Unless everyone takes a few deep breaths and calms down before taking action then everyone will look like out of control zealots.

I am not saying you should not take positive action to expose the hypocrisy of Fox, but if you start lambasting people in an out of control manner then it will negatively effect the campaign.

Not only that, but if our 'enemies' can push our buttons like this then they will use this weakness against us.

When you do approach fox or any other discriminatory outfit, remain calm and ONLY state the facts. DO NOT get over emotional. All this talk of attack is offputting. ACT don't react. The MSM is about getting reactions. That's why they bring up the past to RP and attack him personally.

We don't need to react to anyone because we stand for 'truth'. Just keep doing the right thing and the right things will happen. Of this I have no doubt.

Fox and the other puppet media will fall through their own dishonest actions. It may not happen immediately but it WILL happen.

Becoming angry will get us nowhere. Powerful, positive, unemotional action will rock the media in it's foundations.

These people cannot defeat us if we stand for truth.

Even if Dr. Paul does not get to the debate, something positive will come from this. Of course you can't see that if you are blinded by anger.

I think you are all doing a fantastic job and do not want to see the MSM infiltrate and divide a truly historic movement. Each one of us can make sure that doesn't happen by acting in an appropriate manner.

The Plan
12-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Our emotionalism so far has done the exact opposite for Paul nobody knew who he was before people started helping him like we have been. We should not back down at all, this is the fight for our rights. We shouldn't write overly nasty e-mails and stuff but people should keep that fire.

davidhperry
12-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Great post - welcome to the forums!

mconder
12-29-2007, 12:21 PM
No it won't. At this point it's the lack of emotion that will guarantee this movement disappears into obscurity! Something needs to be done. We need an idea of historic/meteoric proportions! This is NOT acceptable anymore. When Ron Paul looses are you going to crawl back into your hole?

Menthol Patch
12-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Our emotionalism so far has done the exact opposite for Paul nobody knew who he was before people started helping him like we have been. We should not back down at all, this is the fight for our rights. We shouldn't write overly nasty e-mails and stuff but people should keep that fire.

I agree. We should not back down one tiny bit! We need to keep going!

Being angry can be a GOOD THING!

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Dude, you're SO off. We have got to keep this "over-emotionalism" going. I haven't seen proof of 1 negative effect yet.

speciallyblend
12-29-2007, 12:36 PM
our actions have held the media and corrupt gop in check. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?? there is a whole list of how our emails and calls have kept the corrupt gop members and the corrupt media in check.. i think your post is ok,but your totally looking over the impact that we have had keeping these liars in check maybe you need to read more threads about how we stopped their crap many times..

pacelli
12-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Dude, you're SO off. We have got to keep this "over-emotionalism" going. I haven't seen proof of 1 negative effect yet.

That's because Fox is essentially on vacation. I expect some blowback, we knew this going in. If 1 ron paul supporter used a curse word or issued a threat, however, that will be the focus.

me3
12-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Great post OP.

5 days from Iowa, and the "movement" is concerned with attacking FOX News.

This is why the neocons win. Because it's so easy to manipulate people emotionally.

We need to make smart, strategic decisions.

Yom
12-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Everyone calm down. Yes, we must take action, and channel your emotion into that task, but do not let your emotions take control of you. We must be civil and calculating in everything we do. Be passionate, but don't give them any ammo to shot back at us!

all J's in IL for RP
12-29-2007, 12:49 PM

So you don't think the death threat Glenn Beck spent a segment on reflected badly on the candidate?

Speciallyblind is right; we have done much to stamp out rumors, correct newspaper articles and so forth. This must continue. But the over-enthusiasm of some are damaging to Paul's image as a viable candidate. It might have been called for in the beginning to gain a critical mass, but the closer we get to election we must remember that we are asking for the votes of average Americans. NOT revolutionaries.

worldtruthfreedom
12-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Some posters are confusing over-emotionalism with their powerful quest to face down the corrupt power that is currently running the U.S and many other countries.

If we don't curb our emotional reactions to everything the media does then they will eventually divide us. That is their intent.

"He who angers you conquers you." - Elizabeth Kenny

I am not saying don't be passionate. It is our passion that drives us to do the right thing and with the right measure.

I am new to the forum and was concerned last night at the amount of people that were frantic and panicked by what they perceived - rightly or wrongly - to be an attack by Fox. This happened even BEFORE the facts were known. Now, THAT is dangerous to our revolution.

What's gonna happen when the going really gets tough?

I will leave you with another quote which I believe is the BEST strategy in handling Fox and the other corrupt media:

"Many people lose their tempers merely from seeing you keep yours" - Frank Moore Colby

This revolution calls for measured, powerful, action - NOT over-reactions that make us look more than a little loopy and extreme.

bolidew
12-29-2007, 01:15 PM
I agree. We should not back down one tiny bit! We need to keep going!

Being angry can be a GOOD THING!

RIGHT. Actually, this is what the HQ want from us, OP may have not noticed.

freedom-maniac
12-29-2007, 01:30 PM

Exactly. People think that we have to be nice and let the big guys walk all over us. I disagree. This is politics, and it's nasty, and we've got to be tough if we're going to get any where.

"Well, I say, isn't it about time we stopped worrying about whether people like us and say, 'We want to be respected again!'" Ronald Reagan.

worldtruthfreedom
12-29-2007, 01:30 PM
I have been reading the posts and watching the videos for quite a while now. I know the facts.

Of course, the work done has been astounding. A true revolution.

What I am cautioning against will become more evident as the movement grows and the establishment steps up it's own agression and repression.

We saw it arising yesterday when the Fox debacle was announced - One group urging caution while the other wants to go in all guns blazing without thought of the consequences to the campaign.

You can't fight for freedom by limiting or curtailing the rights and freedoms of others - no matter how abhorrent you may find them.

If you don't believe me ask Ron Paul;)

our actions have held the media and corrupt gop in check. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?? there is a whole list of how our emails and calls have kept the corrupt gop members and the corrupt media in check.. i think your post is ok,but your totally looking over the impact that we have had keeping these liars in check maybe you need to read more threads about how we stopped their crap many times..

worldtruthfreedom
12-29-2007, 01:36 PM
I thought we were trying to change things:confused:

So you can deal with the extreme, fascist governments around the world by being just as extreme?

This is politics, and it's nasty, and we've got to be tough if we're going to get any where.

"Well, I say, isn't it about time we stopped worrying about whether people like us and say, 'We want to be respected again!'" Ronald Reagan.

liberty_Forever
12-29-2007, 01:36 PM
I agree... there is a difference between passion and anger. When you contact Fox, just be civil yet resolute.

But this should not be our focus.... we need to focus on doing the best we possibly can in Iowa and NH. This means canvassing (telephone and reality) as well as donating to Operation Live Free or Die , etc etc. The Fox News thing is BS, but we really need to win these primaries, and that should be our focus.

Btw I did call Fox =)

HOLLYWOOD
12-29-2007, 01:44 PM
I know and it is Apparent that FAUX (FOX) NEWS are down right NEOCONs for Wealth/Power/Control/Fascist/Etc.

FAUX/FOX doesn't deserve an once of respect from any honest American. They're right up there with the Pakistani Ministry Press Release on Bhutto's autopsy. Boycott all their media and sponsors, but more importantly, tell everyone, get the word out, expose the corruption & Propaganda.

FAUX is RIDICULOUS

Sandy
12-29-2007, 01:52 PM
Everyone calm down. Yes, we must take action, and channel your emotion into that task, but do not let your emotions take control of you. We must be civil and calculating in everything we do. Be passionate, but don't give them any ammo to shot back at us!

WELL SAID, and I believe this is what the thread starter was also saying. Passion is great, but don't give the enemy your gun powder (and no, I am not saying bow down to the MSM). I am saying this:

"If thou thinkest twice before thou speakest once, thou wilt speak twice the better for it."
— William Penn, Quaker and founder of Pennsylvania (1644-1718)

Captain Shays
12-29-2007, 02:07 PM
No it won't. At this point it's the lack of emotion that will guarantee this movement disappears into obscurity! Something needs to be done. We need an idea of historic/meteoric proportions! This is NOT acceptable anymore. When Ron Paul looses are you going to crawl back into your hole?

That;s exactly how I feel! We call this a revolution? What from our little computer screens? I'm ready to lose a days work and drive up there from Philly all by myself if I have to to show support of Freedom.

We all need to promote the rally up there more, stronger, with more EMOTION than we EVER did our money bombs.

Yeah right. Sit back and write those assholes nice letters pleading and begging them to allow my candidate, who has raised more money than McCain, Hungter, Huckaboo, and Thompson combined this quarter to debate them? I don't think so. They and I know what they are doing. This is an outrage and nothing to just sit quietly about. We need to make some noise.

Captain Shays
12-29-2007, 02:10 PM
I have been reading the posts and watching the videos for quite a while now. I know the facts.

Of course, the work done has been astounding. A true revolution.

What I am cautioning against will become more evident as the movement grows and the establishment steps up it's own agression and repression.

We saw it arising yesterday when the Fox debacle was announced - One group urging caution while the other wants to go in all guns blazing without thought of the consequences to the campaign.

You can't fight for freedom by limiting or curtailing the rights and freedoms of others - no matter how abhorrent you may find them.

If you don't believe me ask Ron Paul;)

And what do you think we should do when they limit our rights and freedoms. Bend down and lick the chains that bind us? F Dat!

worldtruthfreedom
12-29-2007, 02:22 PM
I think you need to re-read what I have written as you are completely missing my point.

I did not write DO NOT ACT I wrote DO NOT OVER-REACT

What is more powerful? Who are you more likely to take seriously - on a personal level? Someone who comes at you ranting and raving, over-emotional and irrational? People who do this, scare me;)

Or, someone who approaches you in a calm manner, stating the facts in a forthright manner and stating that they have had enough? People who do this, earn my respect;)

The thing that attracts us all to Ron Paul is the calm, rational way that he speaks the truth. Yet, somewhere in our narrow minds, we think by doing the opposite we are going to influence people.

And what do you think we should do when they limit our rights and freedoms. Bend down and lick the chains that bind us? F Dat!