PDA

View Full Version : Simplification of Fox News Sponsor Boycott-bomb

Brad324
12-29-2007, 10:30 AM
While we have a huge list of Fox News sponsors, it'd be much more effective if we select 3 or 4 of the most effective, and spread the boycott virally. (Boycotting crest whitestrips won't exactly be effective)

My picks for boycotting:
American Express - 1-800-869-3016 cancel this card immediately, and let them know why
Best Buy - 1-888-BEST-BUY let them know you will never shop there again
Comcast - 1-800-COMCAST cancel immediately, informing them why

if we can get even 10% of Ron Paul supporters to act on this boycott ASAP, we will have an impact.

Edit: added phone numbers

jake
12-29-2007, 10:32 AM
need a website where people can check off which advertisers they have taken action on and where people can post the advertisers responses to their boycott

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-29-2007, 10:34 AM
I'll make one. It won't have it won't have its own domain name though.

Kingfisher
12-29-2007, 10:35 AM
This is the best way to oppose Fox News

leipo
12-29-2007, 10:37 AM
What was Fox their reason for excluding him? Is this still unknown?

mesler
12-29-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm guessing b/c he's not at 5% in the RCP poll average. He's at 4.2 or something.

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-29-2007, 10:47 AM
The boycotting site is up you guys. Go to freewebs.com/boycott4freedom
Tell me what you think

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-29-2007, 10:49 AM
How will boycotting BestBuy affect Fox News?

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-29-2007, 10:51 AM
I just made the site because they asked me to. Boycotting Best Buy will help by making them stop advertising with FOX, so FOX would be pressured to let Ron Paul into the debate, right?

Brad324
12-29-2007, 10:51 AM

they advertise on Fox News, so they get boycotted. A successful boycott would have their advertisers complain to Fox, and make new advertisers wary of supporting Fox News.

kushaze
12-29-2007, 10:53 AM
I already cancelled Comcast months ago. Their service sucks.

mesler
12-29-2007, 10:53 AM
I'd imagine that 10s of thousands of emails from angry people going to Best Buy and others would definitely work.

BeFranklin
12-29-2007, 10:54 AM
they advertise on Fox News, so they get boycotted. A successful boycott would have their advertisers complain to Fox, and make new advertisers wary of supporting Fox News.

Build it up. First you complain and get them to complain to Fox because they're making their customers unhappy, then you complain telling sponsors what the other sponsor did when they complained, &ct

Freedom
12-29-2007, 10:56 AM
The boycotting site is up you guys. Go to freewebs.com/boycott4freedom
Tell me what you think

Great site! I voted to boycott Best Buy and it didn't count my vote, why is that?

ecliptic
12-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Lightning fast response! Spread it virally! Free-market response to corporate tyranny...

Join the FOX Advertiser Boycott (http://www.freewebs.com/boycott4freedom/boycott.htm)

mesler
12-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Smart, can that site handle thousands of visits? I think perhaps setting it up like a money bomb site where people can sign up and we can let Ronpaulgraphs.com track it, that would have the best impact.

Like someone here suggested, list the 5 largest sponsors and ask people to email them when they join the boycott. Joining the boycott would basically mean sending the sponsors the warnings and signing up on the website. And after the day of the debate, if RP isn't there, the boycott is on.

If noone else wants to do it, I could register a domain for this and host it with 1and1.com and I'd gladly give access to you smart and whoever else wants to work on it.

However, one of the prior moneybomb website webmasters could probably whip this up really fast, if they are around and listening.

fedup100
12-29-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm guessing b/c he's not at 5% in the RCP poll average. He's at 4.2 or something.

No the real reason they have excluded him is if they treat him fairly and give him air time his polling numbers will be at 65% and they know it!!

Wasn't the first criteria for some of the debates early on how much money they had raised? It doesn't matter, the Corporate military establishment that is taking our Country and our freedoms down IS THE MSM.

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Great site! I voted to boycott Best Buy and it didn't count my vote, why is that?

It isn't instant.

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Takes about 2 hours.

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-29-2007, 11:05 AM
What I mean by that is the votes are up within 2 hours or less.

jenninlouisiana
12-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Sponsors HATE controversy. I agree calling sponsors and telling them why you won't buy their products any more WILL have an impact.

thuja
12-29-2007, 11:07 AM
I already cancelled Comcast months ago. Their service sucks.

this is the one and only albatross i cannot seem to ditch. it's the only sevice for my computer unless i choose dialup.

thuja
12-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Sponsors HATE controversy. I agree calling sponsors and telling them why you won't buy their products any more WILL have an impact.

this is very very true! let's do it! i just can't do the com cast one unless someone tells me what else to hook up my computer to, and the news when i see a post here to watch something.

fedup100
12-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Smart, can that site handle thousands of visits? I think perhaps setting it up like a money bomb site where people can sign up and we can let Ronpaulgraphs.com track it, that would have the best impact.

Like someone here suggested, list the 5 largest sponsors and ask people to email them when they join the boycott. Joining the boycott would basically mean sending the sponsors the warnings and signing up on the website. And after the day of the debate, if RP isn't there, the boycott is on.

If noone else wants to do it, I could register a domain for this and host it with 1and1.com and I'd gladly give access to you smart and whoever else wants to work on it.

However, one of the prior moneybomb website webmasters could probably whip this up really fast, if they are around and listening.

Guys, this is a great idea. I mean this could really go big and eventually bring the monster msm to their knees.

I would like to see the website and graphs coupled with ads in newspapers soliciting for this. We could pool the first months money that the people would have paid comcast and use it to buy ads. I would like to see a google ad for this rotate on Drudge report. When this gets going against Fox.....we need to bring in the others that are and have done the smarmy tactics against Paul

I just canceled my Comcast, my credit card a few minutes ago. I am not sure how to handle Best Buy. For that reason we need to pick something other than BestBuy, someone else that has something we can cancel.

Also, we need on the website and the ads to ask those who have canceled say their Comcast service to please give what they would have paid Comcast monthly to Dr. Paul.

I have joined netflix now and am going to find a way to wacth what I want on my PC.

Good going guys!!

mesler
12-29-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm willing to register a domain and get good hosting if we can think of a domain name for it that's easy to remember.

Suggestions?

Elwar
12-29-2007, 11:16 AM
My brother just got a call from Nielsen ratings. I'm not sure what week he'll be keeping track of his TV viewing, but I'm sure I can convince him to keep Fox News off of his diary for that week.

thuja
12-29-2007, 11:17 AM
i cancelled my amex card, and the extra ones. i dislike that co anyway, since if you wish to dispute somethingother than fraudulent use, they will tell you they are merely a billing agent. good riddance!

mesler
12-29-2007, 11:25 AM

Especially if we can get 10,000 people to do it. :)

mesler
12-29-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm on hold with Best Buy right now, and I'm documenting the steps. :)

thuja
12-29-2007, 11:36 AM
good!

fedup100
12-29-2007, 11:37 AM
bump

mconder
12-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Boycotts never work with multinational corporations. A momentary loss of 10,000 people buying a particular brand of soap is nothing to them. They know you will be back.

mesler
12-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Best Buy instructions:

Call 1-888-237-8289
Choose option 2 to speak with a switchboard, ask to speak with consumer relations. Put it on speaker and wait for about 5 minutes. Once you get through, tell them that you wanted them to know that a company they sponsor, Fox News, is excluding a viable candidate from their upcoming debate, and that as long as Best Buy sponsors this anti-democratic activitiy, you will not be buying any products from them, and that you will be telling all of your friends the same.

mesler
12-29-2007, 11:43 AM
We really should have both an email subscription (to tell people if the boycott is over, to update people, etc.) and to have ronpaulgraphs.com tracking it. The more professional it looks, the more people will sign on.

Brad324
12-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Boycotts never work with multinational corporations. A momentary loss of 10,000 people buying a particular brand of soap is nothing to them. They know you will be back.

a promise to never use them again, and permanently cancel the service you're already paying for will work. I know I will avoid Best Buy at all costs - there are plenty of alternatives.

jointhefightforfreedom
12-29-2007, 11:45 AM
I have a dedicated server with unlimited bandwidth to host from

bobthebuilder
12-29-2007, 11:45 AM
I can think of good reasons to avoid Best Buy already without Fox News being the reason. :)

BeFranklin
12-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Companies rely on good will and word of mouth. A very unhappy customer will spread the word to others. Sponsors don't like this sort of thing. The fox news scandal is bad business.

mesler
12-29-2007, 11:53 AM
I'd like to get a full blown domain, etc, but I want to work with whoever is working on the project already. As far as I know, smart is the one working on it.

Features I'd like to see:
1.) Subscriptions (like Teaparty07, etc.)
2.) Support from Ronpaulgraphs.com
3.) A full domain name.

And I'm willing to pay th money to get a domain and 6months of hosting on a top notch provider.

ecliptic
12-29-2007, 11:59 AM
I'd like to get a full blown domain, etc, but I want to work with whoever is working on the project already. As far as I know, smart is the one working on it.

Features I'd like to see:
1.) Subscriptions (like Teaparty07, etc.)
2.) Support from Ronpaulgraphs.com
3.) A full domain name.

And I'm willing to pay th money to get a domain and 6months of hosting on a top notch provider.

This is good stuff! People said the Ron Paul campaign would never amount to anything. People say boycotts won't amount to anything. People are like sheep .... let's herd them to a massive boycott campaign against ALL Ye Olde Media!

thuja
12-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Ye Olde Media! Bye!

fedup100
12-29-2007, 12:09 PM
This is good stuff! People said the Ron Paul campaign would never amount to anything. People say boycotts won't amount to anything. People are like sheep .... let's herd them to a massive boycott campaign against ALL Ye Olde Media!

Now this is a revolution that will change this country!

mesler
12-29-2007, 12:12 PM
I registered boycott4freedom08.com, waiting on the hosting company to set things up.

thuja
12-29-2007, 12:17 PM
this is fun! so many things to boycott!

fedup100
12-29-2007, 12:18 PM

Oh I think you are so wrong on this. We don't need to boycott, we need to pick sponsors that we can actually cancel monthly payments to like Comcast.

This thing has legs if we can get it organized and advertised. Even people that do not support Paul will jump on board with this. People are sick of their control and know they are being controlled and are ready to fight back.

It can also be self funding in order to advertise. We just need to ask for the money that would have gone to say Comcast to flow into the ad pool and then splash and smear this bone crushing machine high and low. It will grow like a tumble weed and pick up thousands far and wide to rein in the controlled media.

This can become a MSM smashing machine that will spread fear and dread to the unfair and unbalanced.

ecliptic
12-29-2007, 12:40 PM
this is fun! so many things to boycott!

Another positive step is to form a local Independent Business Alliance. Beyond the near-term specific advertiser boycotts is the larger principle:

Support Independent Business.

Multi-national corporations SUCK! They are running this world into the ground. Many folks are informally boycotting Wal-Mart already due to the fact that the low prices are the result of deplorable conditions for the workers of China and the environmental degradation of China's countryside to bring Americans our "prosperity".

AMIBA (http://amiba.net/)

fedup100
12-29-2007, 12:46 PM
bump

Quantumystic
12-29-2007, 12:55 PM

We can make this work EXACTLY the same way we shut down the offices of the Michigan GOP and Saul Annuzis.

I've already put calls into Best But and American Express, explaining that their advertising on FOX News is going to cost them my business, and probably the business of ALOT of other people since right now on the internet the word is going out to punish FOX for banning candidates from the presidential forum. And that we punish FOX by informing its advertisers that as long as they spend money on FOX advertising, we will boycott their businesses.

I strongly suggest we flood FOX News with calls/emails telling them that we are going after their advertisers and will continue to do so unabated until they back down. The people at FOX News may not care about our messages to themselves, but they better think twice about how their advertisers feel about a tsunami of negative publicity.

The phone number for FOX News is: 1-888-369-4762

The phone number for FOX News advertising is: 212 301-3000 (but it apparently cycles back to the other number).

fedup100
12-29-2007, 01:05 PM
^^^

Brad324
12-29-2007, 01:05 PM
something important to note: when you create the official boycott page, and submit it to digg, DON'T include Ron Paul in the title. Keep it simply to "Boycott Fox News sponsors".

Digg has pretty much been corrupted. They just added a new feature which allows all candidates to get equal representation, regardless of popularity. It is very difficult to get a Ron Paul submission to the main page. I repeat - DO NOT TAG THIS AS A RON PAUL MOVEMENT.