PDA

View Full Version : SC LTE Writer Says Ron Paul a Realistic Candidate

Bradley in DC
07-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Writer Says Ron Paul a Realistic Candidate (http://www.free-times.com/index.php?cat=1992912063981076&ShowArticle_ID=11461107073033065)

BY FREE TIMES READERS

I wonder how much longer the mainstream media of this country will be able to shun U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, from their coverage of the 2008 presidential race.

Long predicted by many pundits to be nothing more than a flash-in-the-pan, third-tier candidate, Congressman Paul continues to defy all expectations, as his campaign has now surpassed John McCain’s campaign’s total amount of available cash-on-hand. Congressman Paul was able to quadruple his first-quarter earnings, taking in $2.4 million in the second quarter. He still has the same amount on hand, placing him $400,000 ahead of McCain, a candidate whom the mainstream media still claims is “top tier.”

Yet, even in light of this recent news from the Paul campaign, ABC News still calls him “obscure” and CNN.com called him a “long-shot candidate.” I am just having a very hard time understanding the lack of media coverage of Paul, when one considers that he has now passed McCain, a top-tier candidate, in campaign money, has more YouTube subscriptions than any other candidate, Republican or Democrat, and has consistently ranked either first or second in all three GOP debates, according to polls from MSNBC, Fox News and CNN.

I would encourage all citizens interested in the 2008 presidential election and also those simply concerned with the state of our country and our world to pay close attention to Congressman Paul’s message of a return to the values laid out by our Founding Fathers in the U.S. Constitution, those values that made our country great and will continue to ensure its position as a beacon of hope for years to come.

Bill Cossen Jr.
Lexington