PDA

View Full Version : Rally Has Been Suggested On Daily Paul

libertyanne
12-29-2007, 10:22 AM
This was posted on dailypaul.com:

Summary of Michael's "Let's Put On Our Thinking Caps" thread and plan. PLEASE VOTE.
Posted December 29th, 2007 by fight4liberty
OK, manystroms (Michael’s) thread, “Let’s put on our thinking caps...” process is working. One idea is starting to get more and more agreement. But before I summarize that let me give you a list of criteria that a really good solution would have to meet.

1. It would unite RP supporters and provide a channel for our energy and frustration by giving us all something we can do together about the cowardly foul play by Fox News.

2. It would not be something that could cause blowback in the form of bad press from the Old Media. In fact it would turn a bad press event into a good press event for Ron Paul and his supporters.

3. It would involve doing something similar to what we have already done that we have proven to ourselves and to the Old Media we can succeed at.

4. It would give undecided voters and leaners a chance to learn more about RP and so convert a significant number of them.

The idea that is starting to get the most agreement is to hold an RP rally in the same city as the Republican round-table forum. This breaks down into two variations on the way to conduct the rally and two dates for when the rally should be held and then there are a few misc. good ideas from various posts and comments including seeing if we can get CNN to televise it and inviting the press.

Regarding how the rally should be conducted some suggested that RP answer the same questions asked of the candidates during the round-table forum and others favor a regular rally with a speech. One person thought the event should be a townhall meeting style event and have RP answer questions from the audience after a short speech.

I like the idea of a townhall meeting since it would be a chance to convert some undecideds and RP leaners and so it would have more than just PR value and it also would more closely resemble the Rep. forum. Of course, it would depend upon whether the NH supporters could turn out a big enough audience of non-RP supporters to make it worthwhile (or not embarrassing). We would need to talk to the NH State Coordinator and others like Jane Aitkin to see which they prefer.

As for the rest of the details I feel it would be more effective to have the event the day before the Republican forum since this allows RP to make his speech a response, in part, to being excluded by undemocratic Fox News and whatever else he wants to say to turn it to our advantage (which he is a master at, right). Doing it before the Rep. forum would help to defuse the negative effect of RP not being in it.

The reason I don’t think we should have RP answering the same questions as the candidates is because the questions they are going to be given will be designed to fit the pro-war neocon platforms of the candidates and would not allow RP to talk about the issues in his own platform whereas giving a short speech would.

Naturally this event will cost some money: to advertise and promote it, rent a big place, maybe even bus people there, etc. And that’s where we come in. This will be our next big donation drive. Not for the purpose of beating our record (we’ve already won that game) but for a new and different purpose.

We get a website set up with a URL something like, “UndemocraticFoxNewsFund.com” and we set the target amount to raise and then we do a press release along the lines of, “Ron Paul’s supporters refuse to let Fox News’ undemocratic exclusion of their candidate from the upcoming Republican forum dampen their spirits and dedication and have planned for and are raising the money for their own New Hampshire townhall meeting one day prior to the debate.” (Sorry for the long sentence. No time to fix it.) Anyway there’s lots of ways this could be written to turn it into good press for us and bad press for the neocons.

There it is. The sooner we come to agreement on a plan and get it announced to the MSM the less time they have to spin this to their advantage and the more time we have to turn it to our advantage.

LET'S PUT THIS TO A VOTE!

EXAMPLE:

Subject: My vote

Body: Yes/No

Comment: (optional)

Go Ron Go!!!!

shadow26
12-29-2007, 10:28 AM
This was posted on dailypaul.com:

Summary of Michael's "Let's Put On Our Thinking Caps" thread and plan. PLEASE VOTE.
Posted December 29th, 2007 by fight4liberty
OK, manystroms (Michael’s) thread, “Let’s put on our thinking caps...” process is working. One idea is starting to get more and more agreement. But before I summarize that let me give you a list of criteria that a really good solution would have to meet.

1. It would unite RP supporters and provide a channel for our energy and frustration by giving us all something we can do together about the cowardly foul play by Fox News.

2. It would not be something that could cause blowback in the form of bad press from the Old Media. In fact it would turn a bad press event into a good press event for Ron Paul and his supporters.

3. It would involve doing something similar to what we have already done that we have proven to ourselves and to the Old Media we can succeed at.

4. It would give undecided voters and leaners a chance to learn more about RP and so convert a significant number of them.

The idea that is starting to get the most agreement is to hold an RP rally in the same city as the Republican round-table forum. This breaks down into two variations on the way to conduct the rally and two dates for when the rally should be held and then there are a few misc. good ideas from various posts and comments including seeing if we can get CNN to televise it and inviting the press.

Regarding how the rally should be conducted some suggested that RP answer the same questions asked of the candidates during the round-table forum and others favor a regular rally with a speech. One person thought the event should be a townhall meeting style event and have RP answer questions from the audience after a short speech.

I like the idea of a townhall meeting since it would be a chance to convert some undecideds and RP leaners and so it would have more than just PR value and it also would more closely resemble the Rep. forum. Of course, it would depend upon whether the NH supporters could turn out a big enough audience of non-RP supporters to make it worthwhile (or not embarrassing). We would need to talk to the NH State Coordinator and others like Jane Aitkin to see which they prefer.

As for the rest of the details I feel it would be more effective to have the event the day before the Republican forum since this allows RP to make his speech a response, in part, to being excluded by undemocratic Fox News and whatever else he wants to say to turn it to our advantage (which he is a master at, right). Doing it before the Rep. forum would help to defuse the negative effect of RP not being in it.

The reason I don’t think we should have RP answering the same questions as the candidates is because the questions they are going to be given will be designed to fit the pro-war neocon platforms of the candidates and would not allow RP to talk about the issues in his own platform whereas giving a short speech would.

Naturally this event will cost some money: to advertise and promote it, rent a big place, maybe even bus people there, etc. And that’s where we come in. This will be our next big donation drive. Not for the purpose of beating our record (we’ve already won that game) but for a new and different purpose.

We get a website set up with a URL something like, “UndemocraticFoxNewsFund.com” and we set the target amount to raise and then we do a press release along the lines of, “Ron Paul’s supporters refuse to let Fox News’ undemocratic exclusion of their candidate from the upcoming Republican forum dampen their spirits and dedication and have planned for and are raising the money for their own New Hampshire townhall meeting one day prior to the debate.” (Sorry for the long sentence. No time to fix it.) Anyway there’s lots of ways this could be written to turn it into good press for us and bad press for the neocons.

There it is. The sooner we come to agreement on a plan and get it announced to the MSM the less time they have to spin this to their advantage and the more time we have to turn it to our advantage.

LET'S PUT THIS TO A VOTE!

EXAMPLE:

Subject: My vote

Body: Yes/No

Comment: (optional)

Go Ron Go!!!!

Who is Jane Aitken? She is the one that keeps telling people NOT to contact the NH GOP even though they are SPONSORING the FOX debate/roundtable. The NH GOP should be withdrawing their sponsorship, IMHO.