PDA

View Full Version : Alert: Ron Paul Excluded

all4one
12-29-2007, 09:23 AM
In case you haven't viewed www.ronpaul2008.com (http://www.ronpaul2008.com) this morning - it looks as if Ron Paul is being excluded (IMHO censored) by Faux News in the upcoming Republican candidate's forum.

Here's the link: FROM_PR-INSIDE (http://www.pr-inside.com/has-fox-news-excluded-ron-paul-r365169.htm)

Suggestions???

Is a boycott of Faux News even possible?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Dude, there were a bunch of people up last night (including me) sending out e-mails to Fox, making protests, websites, etc. Thanks anyway.

all4one
12-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Dude, there were a bunch of people up last night (including me) sending out e-mails to Fox, making protests, websites, etc. Thanks anyway.

*sigh* Oh well, I guess that's bound to happen when I logoff after being on for over 12 hours. That story wasn't on Dr Paul's website at that point. :o

faisal
12-29-2007, 08:24 PM
I made this as simple as possible. Below in blue is a letter I wrote that you can copy and paste for each email you send out to members of Fox News (in red). The letter is a complaint requesting to put Ron Paul in the forums. Please call and send an email to everyone in the Red list below the sample letter. THIS FORUM THAT RON PAUL IS BEING EXCLUDED FROM IS VERY IMPORTANT AS IT'S GOING TO BE WATCHED BY NEW HAMPSHIRE RESIDENTS BEFORE THE PRIMARY. NEW HAMPSHIRE WAS BORN FOR RON PAUL AND HIS LIBERTARIAN VALUES! AS LONG AS PEOPLE HEAR HIM, HE WILL WIN!!!

Dear ______,
According to the New Hampshire State Republican Party and an Associated Press report, Republican presidential candidate and Texas Congressman Ron Paul will be excluded from an upcoming forum of Republican candidates to be broadcast by Fox News on January 6, 2008.

“Given Ron Paul’s support in New Hampshire and his recent historic fundraising success, it is outrageous that Dr. Paul would be excluded,” said Ron Paul 2008 campaign chairman Kent Snyder. “Dr. Paul has consistently polled higher in New Hampshire than some of the other candidates who have been invited.”

Me and the rest of Ron Paul's supporters are disappointed to hear that your news agency has excluded our candidate from the republican forum in New Hampshire! It is an outrage to see your news agency involved in such corrupt actions. You tried to remove our leader from your debates, but every time you have seen us bombard your agency with requests to put him back on. It is a shame that you continue with your sly movies. He's doing much better than several other candidates invited to the event, and I see that your news agency is beginning to show a bias towards some over the other. Let it be known that this will be accounted for by the people of this country.

Thank you for your time in listening to a concerned American,

* General Comments
o Email: yourcomments@foxnews.com
o Phone: 1-888-369-4762
* Kathy Ardleigh, Sen. Politics Producer
o Phone: 212-301-3186
o Email: kathy.ardleigh@foxnews.com
* Thom Bird, Fox News Sen. Producer
o Phone: 212-301-3250
o Email: thom.bird@foxnews.com
* Todd Ciganek, National News Editor
o Phone: 212-301-3352
o Email: todd.ciganek@foxnews.com
* Ian Rae, Exec. VP News
o Phone: 212-301-8552
o Email: ian.rae@foxnews.com
* John Moody, Sen VP News
o Phone: 212-301-8560
o Email: john.moody@foxnews.com
* Brian Lewis, Executive Vice President of Corporate Communications
o Phone: 212-301-3331
o Fax: 212-819-0816
o E-Mail: brian.lewis@foxnews.com
* Irena Briganti, Vice President of Media Relations
o Phone: 212-301-3608
o Fax: 212-819-0816
o E-Mail: irena.briganti@foxnews.com
* Brian Knoblock, International Editor
o Phone: 212-301-5486
o Email: brian.knoblock@foxnews.com
* Kim Schiller Hume, Wash DC Bureau Chief
o Phone: 202-824-6389
o Fax: 202-824-6426
* Ken LaCorte, Los Angeles Bureau Chief
o Phone: 310-571-2000
o Fax: 310-571-2009
* Justin Schmidt, Chicago Bureau Chief
o Phone: 312-494-0428
o Fax: 312-494-0445
* Brit Hume, Managing Editor
o Phone: 202-824-6470
o Fax: 202-824-6426
* David Asman, Fox News Host
o Phone: 212-301-3944
o Email: david.asman@foxnews.com
* Shepard Smith, Fox Report Host
o Phone: 212-301-3711
o Email: shepard.smith@foxnews.com
* Bill O'Reilly, O'Reilly Factor Host
o Phone: 212-301-3320
o Email: bill.oreilly@foxnews.com
* Jane Skinner, News Anchor
o Phone: 212-301-5023
o Email: jane.skinner@foxnews.com

all4one
12-30-2007, 12:13 PM
... Below in blue is a letter I wrote that you can copy and paste...

Thanks a bunch, Faisal :) . I've done as you've suggested. But, every the OCD a-hole I am, I'd made just a few "mods" to your letter. I hope you like, or a least don't mind ;) .

(To Whom It May Concern:)
(Dear _______,)
(Mr./Ms. ________,)

It has come to my attention that according to the New Hampshire State Republican Party and a recent Associated Press report, Republican presidential candidate and Texas Congressman Ron Paul will be excluded from an upcoming forum of Republican candidates scheduled for broadcast by Fox News on January 6, 2008.

“Given Ron Paul’s support in New Hampshire and his recent historic fundraising success, it is outrageous that Dr. Paul would be excluded,” said Ron Paul 2008 campaign chairman Kent Snyder. “Dr. Paul has consistently polled higher in New Hampshire than some of the other candidates who have been invited.”

I, along with the rest of Ron Paul's supporters am disappointed to hear that your news agency has excluded our candidate from the “republican” forum in New Hampshire! It is an outrage to see your news agency involved in such corrupt actions. This “fair and balanced” news agency has tried to remove the best man for the job from your debates in what I perceive to be a move to censor/silence Dr. Paul. But each time this occurs, Ron Paul supporters bombard your agency with requests to put him back on. It is a shame that you continue with these devious actions.

Ron Paul is doing far better than several other candidates invited to the event and I believe that your news agency is exhibiting a true bias towards some over the others. This behavior does not define “fair and balanced”. Let it be known that this will be accounted for by the people of this country.

Thank you for your time in listening to a concerned American,

V/R

Patrick(Austin)
12-30-2007, 09:42 PM
AP messed up, the whole thing is not true. Fox deserved it anyway, good job guys.

BrianH
12-30-2007, 09:55 PM
AP messed up, the whole thing is not true. Fox deserved it anyway, good job guys.

Confirmed now by the NH GOP : http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/politics/blog/2007/12/ron_paul_indeed_outfoxed_for_n.html

Fergus Cullen, chairman of the New Hampshire State Republican Committee, confirmed Sunday evening to the Tribune that, yes, there will be a televised Fox News presidential candidate forum on Jan. 6, and yes, Rep. Ron Paul was not invited when the other candidates were a week or so ago.

"My understanding is that five candidates to that point had been offered spots but the event is still coming together," Cullen said.

The candidates invited to the forum/debate – whatever you want to call it – will be Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Gov. Mike Huckabee, Sen. John McCain, Gov. Mitt Romney and Sen. Fred Thompson.

Cullen said the event, which is set to take place two days before the New Hampshire primary, will be held in the afternoon or evening at St. Anselm College in Goffstown, N.H. When asked if Fox News, which is co-sponsoring the debate with the NH party, planned to invite Paul later, Cullen said he didn't know.

"It's really premature. Just the other day candidates started to accept invitations."

On Saturday, Paul called Fox News "scared of me." They "don't want my message to get out, but it will," according to The Boston Globe's Primary Source blog.

"They are propagandists for this war and I challenge them on the notion that they are conservative."

On Sunday night, Paul spokesman Jesse Benton said the campaign remains angry, and in the dark.

"We have not heard anything else today," he said. "[Fox] continues to ignore our calls."

Roxi
12-30-2007, 10:48 PM
ron paul will be in the ABC/WMUR debate on the 5th at 7pm at st anselms college, the next morning there is a gop brunch... then a forum on the 6th... the FOX debate was canceled long ago, ron paul was NOT excluded from that giuliani is the reason it was canceled

Leroy_Jenkems
01-01-2008, 10:11 PM
ron paul will be in the ABC/WMUR debate on the 5th at 7pm at st anselms college, the next morning there is a gop brunch... then a forum on the 6th... the FOX debate was canceled long ago, ron paul was NOT excluded from that giuliani is the reason it was canceled

That's news to me, I hope to high heaven it's true.

Source?

-Chad

rice_classic
01-04-2008, 01:19 AM
I keep reading that Ron Paul's campaign is planning an event the same night as the Fox Debate. I know this is happening but WHAT IS IT? WHAT ARE THEY PLANNING?

What has me worried is that it's not big enough to get the MSM stations to air it simultaneously as the debates! GO BIG OR GO HOME. What bands support Paul?

Has anyone invited an of the musicians from his endorsement list? HAS RON PAUL HIMSELF INVITED JOHN MAYER?

If I was John Mayer and I received a call from RP himself I would probably accept the invitation to play at his event!

Bring the blimp, bring the band, bring the crowd and stop traffic. Bring Tucker too!

noiseordinance
01-04-2008, 01:23 AM
No kidding about John Mayer. Remember what the Soggy Bottom Boys did for the mayor in O Brother Where Art Thou?

rice_classic
01-04-2008, 01:42 AM
That's a very strange comparison but ok.

Andrew Jackson used a famous author of the time (and friend of his) to write his biography depicting only the glorious sides of him (Equivalent to modern day award winning Documentary/hype).

Bill Clinton used MTV and his Saxophone on Arsenio Hall.

USE THE MEDIA! USE IT USE IT USE IT!

Appearing on MSM news stations and late night talk shows is NOT playing to win... it's playing not to lose.

Ronnie needs to embrace entertainment and popularize his message.