PDA

View Full Version : Digg Joins Fox in Censoring Ron Paul

jumpyg1258
12-29-2007, 08:44 AM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Digg_joins_Fox_in_Censoring_Ron_Paul

I think I may switch over to reddit cause I am getting tired of Digg censoring Ron Paul stories.

Ron LOL
12-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Dude, there's a "Digg censoring Ron Paul" thread every day. I doubt they're actually censoring. More like controlling signal:noise.

kushaze
12-29-2007, 08:46 AM
Digged it, but to be honest I never used Digg until people told me to Digg Ron Paul stories on their website. Thats all I use it for anyways.

jumpyg1258
12-29-2007, 08:47 AM
Actually this time they are, and yes I am aware of the accusations of the past but this time its so very blatant it can't be ignored.

Adamsa
12-29-2007, 08:49 AM
Well, I think the amount of Ron Paul stuff we put on there was going to annoy them eventually.

slydecix
12-29-2007, 08:49 AM
I believe Digg has a sophisticated algorithm to prevent spamming. If the same group of people always digg the same articles, it requires a higher digg count to make the front page.

jumpyg1258
12-29-2007, 08:57 AM
I think the article has like 1200 diggs or so, people have been saying that the response they get in emails from digg is that it was buried cause it was lame.

jumpyg1258
12-29-2007, 09:00 AM
ROFL wow the bury brigade is quick on their toes about this, seems they have already marked my article as inaccurate!

Meadophile
12-29-2007, 09:03 AM
Wow.. I don't even know what Digg is. I must be behind the times. An old fogey.

tcmaroc
12-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Kevin Rose, the owner and creator of Digg is a Ron Paul supporter

UCFGavin
12-29-2007, 09:10 AM
sorry, but we spam digg. i doub this is true, but i can't say i'm surprised if it is.

jumpyg1258
12-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Well I just signed up with reddit so its good riddens for digg!

jumpyg1258
12-29-2007, 09:13 AM
sorry, but we spam digg. i doub this is true, but i can't say i'm surprised if it is.

I think you mean we post articles that we like to see and they get popular cause so many people are interested? Up until recently it worked but now with censorship on Digg, these popular articles get buried quick cause of a few bad apples.

RPinSEAZ
12-29-2007, 09:14 AM
That Digg submission was mine and here is the response I got in email when I questioned it's removal from Digg "Support".

That story was reported as lame and subsequently removed by the Digg
community.

--Digg Support

twdahm
12-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Kevin Rose, the owner and creator of Digg is a Ron Paul supporter

How do you know Kevin is a supporter I have never heard him say anything about this. And if he is can we get an endorsement?

UCFGavin
12-29-2007, 09:30 AM
I think you mean we post articles that we like to see and they get popular cause so many people are interested? Up until recently it worked but now with censorship on Digg, these popular articles get buried quick cause of a few bad apples.

no, what i mean is we digg every single article instead of using digg for things that are actually important. people get pissed off and start to bury everything.

mbn71
12-29-2007, 09:36 AM
The censorship at Digg is off the charts. In the past, I used to see, at times, 3-4 Ron Paul articles a day on the front page. Now, either the bury brigade gets them all or Digg pulls the story before it ever becomes popular. I remember a few months ago they removed several stories documenting how RP had raised more cash than John Mccain in the 2nd quarter. Just yanked them from the site and search engine while people were digging and discussing the topic. It was very eye-opening and that's when a bunch of us realized it wasn't just random people burying these RP articles but the actual site admins as well.

Reddit's not bad (though there are bots that automatically downvote RP articles) however, as far as social-news sites go, I still like Shoutwire and this new one called Stirrdup. Impossible to bury stories in either and there's almost always a steady flow of Ron Paul and politically oriented news on the main pages. 2 cents.