PDA

View Full Version : TN State Delegates List Online (Official)

Matt Collins
12-29-2007, 08:27 AM
It's official. The TN delegates list is officially online. You can see your's truly in district #5:

http://state.tn.us/sos/election/2008PPPDelegatesList.pdf

azminuteman
12-29-2007, 08:33 AM
21 for Ron Paul
19 for Thompson
16 for Huckabee

Matt Collins
12-29-2007, 08:38 AM
Yep - hopefully we'll all get elected and able to make it up to the convention.

FunkBuddha
12-29-2007, 09:16 AM
What determines the ballot order in Tennessee? I've been looking but can't seem to find anything. Is it by number of delegates?

Matt Collins
12-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Party in Minnesota!

ssdded
12-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Nice one, Matt. Congrats on becoming a delegate. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/cool11.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

John J. Duncan, delegate for Fred Thompson in district 2 - that's not Congressman Duncan, is it? If it is, what the hell? Duncan voted against the war and Thompson is a warmonger.

Matt Collins
12-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Nice one, Matt. Congrats on becoming a delegate. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/cool11.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

John J. Duncan, delegate for Fred Thompson in district 2 - that's not Congressman Duncan, is it? If it is, what the hell? Duncan voted against the war and Thompson is a warmonger.

No idea. It very well could be.

Hogskin
01-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Yeah...That is John J. Duncan the Congressman. He supports the Council on Foreign Relations member, Freddie Thompson. They are both traitors is my eyes! I don't know Duncan or what his record is, but I've heard good things. This just shows that he took money, is corrupt, or is very dumb about the CFR. I mean, come on...they want a world government! And as for the delegates in Tennessee, I think there is corruption going on. This is the email I got in response of why I was a "Uncommitted" Delegate.

Dear "Uncommitted" Delegate Candidates,

As you may know, part of the Tennessee Delegate Process includes a signed "Letter of Consent" from Ron Paul naming the delegates committed to him in each district and a list of 24 At-Large delegates. What you may not know is that he can claim no more than 6 committed delegate candidates per district and no more than 24 At-Large candidates. See the bottom of the page here: tngop.org/delegate/Delegate_Fact_Sheet.pdf Tennessee had 4 too many district candidates and 6 too many At-Large candidates. Of course this was discovered at the last minute. Joe Becker, attorney for Ron Paul, had to remove 10 of you from the list. He was forced to do this randomly, at the last minute and without knowing the status of any of the petitions. Do not despair. You can be of immense help to Ron Paul.

This excess of delegates is quite fortuitous. You may still become a delegate for Ron Paul because 13 of the total 55 TN delegates are not elected but are chosen by the TN GOP State Executive Committee. These 13 are every bit as important to Ron Paul as the elected delegates. If you had 100 good signatures and were told by the Election commission that you qualify as a delegate candidate, you will now be an "uncommitted" candidate. State Party By-laws require preference be given to those that were candidates for district and At-Large delegate on the February 5th, 2008 ballot. Selection of these 13 delegates are made this spring at the Tennessee Republican State Executive Committee meeting. Link here to find out more.
tngop.org/delegate/Delegate_Fact_Sheet.pdf (tngop.org/delegate/Delegate_Fact_Sheet.pdf)

Of course, we will email our thousands of Tennessee Ron Paul supporters telling them they should vote for you, an "uncommitted" candidate and why. You will be elected. The Ron Paul campaign needs you.

Please help Ron Paul by requesting to become one of the 13 delegates that are appointed. Wait until you get a letter from the election commission stating that your signatures are good. Then, just after the primary, send a written request to the Tennessee Republican Party, 2424 21st Avenue, Suite 200, Nashville, Tennessee 37212. Their phone number is (615) 269-4260. The letter should simply say that you want to be considered for appointment as an At-Large delegate or alternate delegate. They must have this letter by February 16, 2008.

Thanks,
Cheryl Ann Scott
for Joe Becker, Chief Legal Counsel for Ron Paul 2008

Cheryl Ann Scott
TN State Coordinator
Ron Paul 2008
Cheryl@RonPaul2008.com
615-476-4190

My girlfriend and I were two of the four "committed to Ron Paul" at-large delegates that were put into the "Uncommitted" Delegate list after Cheryl said that there were too many! If you look on the TN delegates list you will see there are only 21 at-large delegates. Ron Paul can have up to 24 at-large delegates.

http://state.tn.us/sos/election/2008PPPDelegatesList.pdf

And that isn't the kicker! We both started a very successful meet-up group and helped most of the others get their signitures. Live in the same house and sent our petitions in way ahead of time. And we were picked RANDOMLY???? Sounds really fishy to me. Even if it wasn't us, it still hurts Dr. Paul.

Matt Collins
01-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Hogskin - have we met before?

Where do you live?

Hogskin
01-12-2008, 12:53 AM
Nah...I don't live around Nashville.

Matt Collins
01-12-2008, 12:47 PM
I am hoping I'll get some groupies? :D

Ron Paul Junkie
01-19-2008, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by HOGSKIN

Dear "Uncommitted" Delegate Candidates,

As you may know, part of the Tennessee Delegate Process includes a signed "Letter of Consent" from Ron Paul naming the delegates committed to him in each district and a list of 24 At-Large delegates. What you may not know is that he can claim no more than 6 committed delegate candidates per district and no more than 24 At-Large candidates. See the bottom of the page here: tngop.org/delegate/Delegate_Fact_Sheet.pdf Tennessee had 4 too many district candidates and 6 too many At-Large candidates. Of course this was discovered at the last minute. Joe Becker, attorney for Ron Paul, had to remove 10 of you from the list. He was forced to do this randomly, at the last minute and without knowing the status of any of the petitions. Do not despair. You can be of immense help to Ron Paul.

This excess of delegates is quite fortuitous. You may still become a delegate for Ron Paul because 13 of the total 55 TN delegates are not elected but are chosen by the TN GOP State Executive Committee. These 13 are every bit as important to Ron Paul as the elected delegates. If you had 100 good signatures and were told by the Election commission that you qualify as a delegate candidate, you will now be an "uncommitted" candidate. State Party By-laws require preference be given to those that were candidates for district and At-Large delegate on the February 5th, 2008 ballot. Selection of these 13 delegates are made this spring at the Tennessee Republican State Executive Committee meeting. Link here to find out more.
tngop.org/delegate/Delegate_Fact_Sheet.pdf

Of course, we will email our thousands of Tennessee Ron Paul supporters telling them they should vote for you, an "uncommitted" candidate and why. You will be elected. The Ron Paul campaign needs you.

Please help Ron Paul by requesting to become one of the 13 delegates that are appointed. Wait until you get a letter from the election commission stating that your signatures are good. Then, just after the primary, send a written request to the Tennessee Republican Party, 2424 21st Avenue, Suite 200, Nashville, Tennessee 37212. Their phone number is (615) 269-4260. The letter should simply say that you want to be considered for appointment as an At-Large delegate or alternate delegate. They must have this letter by February 16, 2008.

Thanks,
Cheryl Ann Scott
for Joe Becker, Chief Legal Counsel for Ron Paul 2008

Cheryl Ann Scott
TN State Coordinator
Ron Paul 2008
Cheryl@RonPaul2008.com
615-476-4190

Well if that is true that Ron Paul could have up to 24 Delegates then why is there only 21? Plus, were are the other 3 that could fill the spot? Sounds like they got thrown to the UNCOMMITTED!

Well I got this in an email from Cheryl, and sure doesn't sound like she is telling everyone to vote for you.
:confused:

Ron Paul Supporters,

When voting, remember to chose 3 delegates where it says VOTE FOR 3. Do not choose just one or two. Choose 3. All of your options are fine supporters of Ron Paul, so it doesn't matter if you do not know them. This will help Dr. Paul if we get into a brokered convention, because most people will not vote for people they do not know. By voting for 3, Ron Paul's delegates will get more votes than the other delegate candidates.

One of your voting screens will be DELEGATES AT LARGE - VOTE FOR 12. Choose 12 people whose names each have "Committed to Ron Paul" written below their name. There will be 21 names to choose from. Please choose 12. Any 12 will be fine. Just be sure and choose 12. This will put Ron Paul in better shape than the other candidates.

For Liberty,
Cheryl

Cheryl Ann Scott
TN State Coordinator
Ron Paul 2008
Cheryl@RonPaul2008.com
615-476-4190

This doesn't sound like a Very Good Coordinator for TN, since she is in the National Campaign. Looks like the National Campaign needs to really look into who they put in charge, cause she is causing Ron Paul to have 3 less Delegates in the At-large.

In what Hogskin has in his email from her, she says she will email out to TN supporters for Ron Paul to vote for the ones that she knows that are in the UNCOMMITTED part. But in the email dated tonite, she is telling everyone to vote for just the COMMITTED! Why a double standard????

Also in her first email, she says he can claim up to 24 At-Large..Well in the lastest email she knows there are only 21. Sounds like she is a MOLE and looking to hurt Ron Paul. I looked on the form showing all the Delegates for TN, and well, she is in the At-Large. Looks to me, like alot of people may say they support Ron Paul but when it comes down to it, they will vote for another.

I think I will contact Jesse Benton or someone else in the Campaign and let them know what she is doing, and that this woman is a lier.

Matt Collins
01-19-2008, 01:37 AM
Junkie:

I think we had enough to fill all of the slots, but at the last minute the TN election people disqualified several of ours due to insufficient signatures. They are apparently quite incompetent.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-19-2008, 02:24 AM
Go TN!!!!