PDA

View Full Version : SUCCESS!! -- Local Fox affiliate just lost car dealer advertiser

RonPaulCentral
12-29-2007, 08:20 AM
A thread here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=67317

Explains what I am doing.

After talking to a local Ford dealer they have agreed to pull their Fox buys from their advertising package starting next week. I guess they do their buys in blocks across 7 stations --- Fox will now be GONE.

I knew these LOCAL businesses would want nothing to do with being associated with Censorship. I told him that word would be passed among our "sea of supporters" once we see the ads drop we would support their business. :p

This is great news -- and I am waiting for another dealers owner to call me sometime this morning. It is my goal by the end of the week to displace at least 50% of their local advertisers if not more.

HIT LOCAL LOCAL FOX AFFILIATE ADVERTISERS

ExpatinArgentina
12-29-2007, 08:22 AM
That is great, now let the other sponsors and especially the advertising exect at Fox know.

Let their sponsponsors know you are boycotting Fox and possibly their products if they support such censorship. Hit them in their pockets where it hurts most.

You can find contact information here for some of Fox's main sponsors.

http://skinthefox.com/sponsors_001.htm

Here are some talking points:

The plan is to send a copy of Ron Paul's press release and ask them if they are aware of this outrage. And, now that it has been brought to their attention ask if they would insist that FOX live up to their claim of "fair and balanced" and include Ron Paul. If FOX ignores them and does exclude Dr. Paul, then I would ask that they redirect their advertising dollars to news shows of other networks. If they continue to advertise on FOX then I would no longer consider buying their products. -provided by orp member

Here is the link to the press release.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-rel...luded-ron-paul

Quick list of some email addresses:
travelocity@travelocity.com, amanda@vollmerpr.com, james.w.fisher@sprint.com, Mark.j.elliott@sprint.com, richard.pesce@sprint.com, feedback@vehix.com, info@mprofessional.com, info@miralus.com, lynnnewman@avaya.com, nersesian@att.com, wwwmail.boeing2@boeing.com, info@bristolmeyers.com, presslink@earthlink.net,

Then let the advertising executives at Fox know you are contacting their sponsors, or just cc them on your emails.
http://www.foxnews.com/mediakit/ad_channel_contact.html

Quick email list of Fox advertising executives.
john.mccann@foxnews.com, john.luginbill@foxnews.com, mike.mandelker@foxnews.com, sam.moser@foxnews.com, mary.jack@foxnews.com, steve.sorich@foxnews.com, lisa.meade@foxnews.com

literatim
12-29-2007, 08:31 AM
I am not the one threatening a small business owner who knows absolutely nothing about the entire thing. He has an advertisement on a local FOX network which also knows absolutely nothing about this entire thing.

drulay
12-29-2007, 08:31 AM
You threatened a small business owner. You acted like a complete jerk.

He didn't threaten anyone. This is how free market capatilism works. It is a populist system. Keep calling advertisers and let them know they are supporting censorship and that the revolution will boycott them or support them depending on if the will remove their support of the censorship.

THIS IS TRULY THE ONLY WAY FAUX NEWS WILL LISTEN PEOPLE!!!

MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!!! SPONSOR PULLS / STOCK SELL OUT WILL SPEAK 1,000X LOUDER THAN US FLOODING THEIR VOICEMAILS (KEEP DOING THAT THOUGH, IT IS EFFECTIVE AS WELL).

FAUX IS ABOUT TO DISCOVER HOW BIG AND SMART THIS "FRINGE" REALLY IS!!

literatim
12-29-2007, 08:32 AM
He didn't threaten anyone. This is how free market capatilism works. It is a populist system. Keep calling advertisers and let them know they are supporting censorship and that the revolution will boycott them or support them depending on if the will remove their support of the censorship.

THIS IS TRULY THE ONLY WAY FAUX NEWS WILL LISTEN PEOPLE!!!

MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!!! SPONSOR PULLS / STOCK SELL OUT WILL SPEAK 1,000X LOUDER THAN US FLOODING THEIR VOICEMAILS (KEEP DOING THAT THOUGH, IT IS EFFECTIVE AS WELL).

FAUX IS ABOUT TO DISCOVER HOW BIG AND SMART THIS "FRINGE" REALLY IS!!

He threatened to picket them because he advertises on a local FOX Network.

evadmurd
12-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Doesn't sound like a threat to me. Or maybe we should just let people live in oblivion. Good job, if it went off like you said it did. Of course, promising support of their business if they pull the ads doesn't materialize, especially a car dealership (rather high end expenditure), may back-fire. Keep up the fight.

RonPaulCentral
12-29-2007, 08:41 AM
Doesn't sound like a threat to me. Or maybe we should just let people live in oblivion. Good job, if it went off like you said it did. Of course, promising support of their business if they pull the ads doesn't materialize, especially a car dealership (rather high end expenditure), may back-fire. Keep up the fight.

They just didn't want anything to do with "negative censorship". They were actually a little angry at the network for exposing THEM to the negative attention.

Every conversation I have had so far was peaceful and effective -- but I was polite and firm in navigating the solution. :rolleyes:

hazek
12-29-2007, 08:41 AM
Well if he only informed the business of what was going on and how we feel I believe more should do the same. But don't threaten them, cause it's just going to backfire on us.

drulay
12-29-2007, 08:42 AM
Just a quick story about a conflict between a couple of major corporations went a few years ago. It was VIACOMM (owns MTV, VH1, Nickelodean, a bunch of other channels) and ECHOSTAR (which owns Dish Network). VIACOMM had invested in some cable companies and it was in their best interest to screw the dish companies, so they basically double their rates for the new contract. ECHOSTAR refused this rate increase, and VIACOMM actually cut their feed to Dish Network off. This made many Dish Network customers unhappy, and over the next few days, thousands of people cancelled Dish Network.

It was the Money in the end that made VIACOMM fold at the bargaining table. Once their sponsors realized what had happened, they began pulling ads, demanding refunds, and being sued for contract violations (subscriber base slashed after contract). So after that two days, though it hurt Dish Network to have lost a few thousand subscribers, it actually hurt VIACOMM much worse with a plunge in stock, a substantially lower projected income (from caving at the bargaining table), and many advertisers that refused to go back. They learned a lesson.

My point?

Money makes the world go round! If we can mess with Fox's income with this (and we can), we will cause them to cave in this bargain.

The pressure is in National Advtisers though. It would take about 15-20 local pulls to equal one National Pull. Not to say you shouldn't go after the locals, because you should -- it is easier to talk to the person in charge of those ad buys. Those people will then be flooding their representatives at the local station, who then flood their managers, and their managers are flooding FoxNews with demands and explaination why their biased programming choice is affecting profit at the local level.

Really my point? Get off the computer, and make some phone calls!!!!

freedom-maniac
12-29-2007, 08:44 AM
Honestly. Was MLK a jerk for boycotting the Montgomery Bus system?

freedom-maniac
12-29-2007, 08:45 AM
I am a jerk? Ok ... I am a jerk.

You are an asshole.

Peace! Peace! This is not the spirit of the R3volution. What would Dr. Paul think?

RonPaulCentral
12-29-2007, 08:46 AM
Peace! Peace! This is not the spirit of the R3volution. What would Dr. Paul think?

He would think that I am using my 1st amendment right and that I must obviously be pissed. :mad:

Chester Copperpot
12-29-2007, 08:47 AM
He threatened to picket them because he advertises on a local FOX Network.

If a local business in my area continued buying airtime on fox after they had been informed of this injustice, then I would boycott them too..

Its our right to buy from whomever we want. And if theyre going to be against Ron Paul, then Id rather not support them with my $$$

rockwell
You threatened a small business owner. You acted like a complete jerk.

Something tells me the boycotts in Selma wouldn't have registered the same response from you.

Disenfranchisement comes in all colors.

deedles
They just didn't want anything to do with "negative censorship". They were actually a little angry at the network for exposing THEM to the negative attention.

Every conversation I have had so far was peaceful and effective -- but I was polite and firm in navigating the solution. :rolleyes:

Exactly... politely and firmly expressing concern to local advertisers is the BEST IDEA GOING in regards to faux news.

Hit faux in the wallet.

Don't threaten anyone and let's all keep our cool.

Seriously, though... tell these local advertisers that you are so upset at faux that you will pull support from any advertiser henceforth. Tell the local advertisers that you feel bad that faux has put you both in this situation but right is right and wrong is wrong.

ExpatinArgentina
12-29-2007, 08:48 AM
Hey guys, it's okay to have different opinions, but let's not stoop to name calling. That doesn't help anyone. Peace my brother!

evadmurd
12-29-2007, 08:48 AM

Then keep up the good work. We are ambassadors of the truth.

Common Sense
12-30-2007, 07:02 PM
I am hearing now that this entire rumor about Ron Paul being excluded from the GOP debate by Fox news is nothing more than a rumor. If this is the case it may have done some irreparable harm to the campaign. Ron Paul can't afford any bad press.

Topic: Ron Paul
Ron Paul NOT excluded from Fox debate
Some sloppy reporting, instant web indignation, and holiday vacations produced a surge of hysteria that might have been avoided.
by William Westmiller
(Libertarian)

One of the hazards of instant mass communication is that incorrect stories can get distributed immediately. A particular hazard during holiday vacations.

There is NO NH DEBATE on January 6th. Ron Paul was NOT EXCLUDED. That event was canceled three weeks ago. [See Update7]

Ron WILL participate in the January 5th ABC/WMUR GOP debate in New Hampshire.

So, what happened?

Months ago, NH GOP chairman Fergus Cullen had been in touch with FoxNews about a possible forum on January 6th. He had even contacted all the GOP candidates to see whether they were available. However, plans for the ABC debate were finalized with all candidates early in December and Cullen "threw in the towel." See "OUTFOXED" in the NH Union Leader of December 16th.

At that time, Cullen had not received a response from Ron Paul, who had committed to a conflicting luncheon at the NH Liberty Forum at the same time.

Skip ahead to December 27th, when the Union Leader reported that all candidates had agreed to the ABC/WMUR debate and reporter Garry Rayno added a confusing paragraph about Giuliani finally agreeing to the (canceled) January 6th forum, which had already been converted into a simple state GOP brunch.

Due to the timing of this article, there was no way to confirm who will or won't attend the brunch, but it is not a broadcast debate and has nothing to do with FoxNews. Nevertheless, a blog in Washington picked up the story, scrambled it and their "BHDC Staff" reported a list of the candidates who would be attending, which did not include Ron Paul (he hadn't officially confirmed, due to the conflict).

That story was picked up by the AP Newswire, which added some information that it had from a month earlier about the format being discussed.

Finally, the AP article was picked up by Lew Rockwell and passed along to DailyPaul.com, with all the errors intact. Of course, a firestorm ensued on all the Ron Paul nets before the information could be verified. Immediately, thousands of messages went to FoxNews and the NH GOP protesting the exclusion.

Unfortunately, the Ron Paul campaign didn't sort out the facts before sending out a news release blasting Fox for their "outrageous" conduct, even if they did note that the information had not been confirmed. From there, the report spread into dozens of blogs and news commentaries.

An unfortunate false alarm. Lesson: Fast news is sometimes "bad" news. Faux News is worthy of criticism for what they have done, not for what they haven't done. Look before you leap.

literatim
12-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Common Sense, you seriously made a lousy first impression.

Hangly Man
12-30-2007, 07:16 PM
How do I get in touch with this dealership to tell them they are great Americans for doing this?

Common Sense
12-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Lol, I'm aware of that.
Trust me, I'm a supporter of Ron Paul. But I want to make sure we're not making a mistake. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get Ron Paul elected, and if this rumor is true about Ron Paul being excluded from a Fox hosted GOP debate, then I will certainly join in the boycott. I've already emailed every fox address i could get my hands on, I've emailed the NH Republican Party, and I've left a message on Ron Paul's Myspace to try and get to the bottom of this. If this is not true, we're doing more harm to Dr. Paul's campaign than good.

UPDATE**
Has Fox News Excluded Ron Paul? pt. 2 (12/30/07)
www.ronpaul2008.com

On December 27, the Associated Press reported: "The New Hampshire Republican Party is sponsoring a forum for Republican presidential candidates on Jan. 6, two days before the state's first-in-the-nation primary." Later in the article, the AP stated: "Participating in the forum will be Rudy Giuliani, Mike Huckabee, John McCain, Mitt Romney and Fred Thompson."

On the evening of December 28, Jared Chicoine and Jordan Brown of our New Hampshire campaign staff, met in person with Fergus Cullen the New Hampshire GOP chairman to discuss whether or not Dr. Paul would be invited to participate in the presidential candidates forum scheduled for January 6. Mr. Cullen confirmed there will be an event on January 6, but he could not confirm whether or not Dr. Paul would be invited. We also learned the event would not be a debate with an audience, as has been held previously, but instead would be a forum in a closed studio with the candidates questioned only by Chris Wallace of Fox News.

A few hours after that meeting, we contacted Fox News seeking clarification. Later that night, we issued a press release while waiting to hear from Fox News.

On December 29, the Baltimore Sun featured a report by Jason George. Mr. George reported, "Calls and emails to Fox News spokespersons by the Tribune were not returned Saturday evening.

"An official at the New Hampshire GOP, which is co-sponsoring the event with Fox, said that Paul might still be included, but the planning for the debate was still coming together and it was ultimately Fox's call."

As of late afternoon today (December 30), we have nothing more to report.

Kent Snyder
Chairman, Ron Paul 2008

Stealth4
12-30-2007, 07:40 PM
A thread here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=67317

Explains what I am doing.

After talking to a local Ford dealer they have agreed to pull their Fox buys from their advertising package starting next week. I guess they do their buys in blocks across 7 stations --- Fox will now be GONE.

I knew these LOCAL businesses would want nothing to do with being associated with Censorship. I told him that word would be passed among our "sea of supporters" once we see the ads drop we would support their business. :p

This is great news -- and I am waiting for another dealers owner to call me sometime this morning. It is my goal by the end of the week to displace at least 50% of their local advertisers if not more.

HIT LOCAL LOCAL FOX AFFILIATE ADVERTISERS

Ok so this car dealer agreed with you and pulled his FOX funding - now you know what you need to do right?

A ron paul supporter needs to go buy a car there and tell them why they bought it there.

if we get people to pull their financial sponsorhip, and as a result lose advertising that brings them business, we need to support those business as a result.

dont take this post lightly - find a way to support that great businessman who stood up for free speech.

IChooseLiberty
12-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Ok so this car dealer agreed with you and pulled his FOX funding - now you know what you need to do right?

A ron paul supporter needs to go buy a car there and tell them why they bought it there.

if we get people to pull their financial sponsorhip, and as a result lose advertising that brings them business, we need to support those business as a result.

dont take this post lightly - find a way to support that great businessman who stood up for free speech.

They can easily advertise somewhere else though. It's really not a hard thing for them to do.

shadow26
12-30-2007, 07:43 PM

Couldn't agree more...a businessman that takes a stand in this manner should be rewarded with MORE business.

the_oco
12-30-2007, 07:57 PM
I hope someone is keeping a list of anyone who agrees to pull ads off Fox so we can announce them on these boards for promotion

jake
12-30-2007, 08:04 PM
As a small business owner myself, I would be grateful to be informed of Fox' behavior