PDA

View Full Version : [Important] Investors threaten to dump NewsCorp stock in Response

Mattsa
12-29-2007, 07:06 AM
Investors are threatening to dump NewsCorp stocks and donate the proceeds to Ron Paul's campaign in response to Fox News barring Ron Paul from the New Hampshire debate.

If you own NewsCorp stock, you know what you gotta do!

We gotta beat these bastards at their own game.

http://libertyline.blogspot.com/2007/12/will-there-be-run-on-newscorp-nws.html

european
12-29-2007, 07:17 AM
good idea :)

european
12-29-2007, 07:21 AM
now i have given it a little bit more thoughts... in case fox really excludes ron paul, there will be a massive outrage which will translate in even more donations, rallies, etc imo. Also the campaign should make use of it by letting Ron Paul attack FOX publicly. This will raise his status as fighting underdog a lot more, which will translate in more votes. I have seen it happen here in my country before. It will work out positively in the end :)

thuja
12-29-2007, 07:22 AM
i would love to see this news corp selling story get really huge

curtisag
12-29-2007, 07:24 AM
Perhaps we should set an official date for the selloff to make sure we are heard and make a bigger splash. A 'sell-off bomb' if you will. We can cheer as the stock decreases :).

Adamsa
12-29-2007, 07:32 AM
I'm just scared we acted too fast and he was invited.

european
12-29-2007, 07:34 AM
Perhaps we should set an official date for the selloff to make sure we are heard and make a bigger splash. A 'sell-off bomb' if you will. We can cheer as the stock decreases :).

well.... there are plenty of stockbrokers that actually do support Ron Paul. Remember that his financial programm attracts a lot of insiders.

literatim
12-29-2007, 07:38 AM
I will sell off all of NWS that I own.

jrich4rpaul
12-29-2007, 07:40 AM
This is great.

phixion
12-29-2007, 07:42 AM
Jim Cramer needs to break this news. :)

Pete

literatim
12-29-2007, 07:43 AM
Submit it to USA Daily

http://www.usadaily.com/contactForm.cfm

bucfish
12-29-2007, 07:47 AM
bump

BeFranklin
12-29-2007, 07:58 AM
Shouldn't pick a date because it might be viewed as pump and dump. Boycotting a stock is done all the time, just sell as soon as possible, and it will effectively be a date.

Crammer couldn't report it, would be a conflict of interest - rival network.

DealzOnWheelz
12-29-2007, 08:16 AM
No But when he takes calls from viewers we can report it.

"Hey Jim did you hear?"

Jim:"No what?"

"All Ron Paul supporters with NWS stock are going to sell it off because Fox didn't let Ron Paul in the NH debate"

JIM:"WHAT?!?!"

BeFranklin
12-29-2007, 08:26 AM
No But when he takes calls from viewers we can report it.

"Hey Jim did you hear?"

Jim:"No what?"

"All Ron Paul supporters with NWS stock are going to sell it off because Fox didn't let Ron Paul in the NH debate"

JIM:"WHAT?!?!"

Lol :eek::)

Cyclone
12-29-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm just scared we acted too fast and he was invited.

Excellent point. We will look like morons if the campaign was too busy to open an invitation. Even Kent Snyder has admitted he has no idea if they got an invitation and didn't open it or if they were snubbed. He has no idea.

Don't you think he should have an idea?

Isn't that something he should know? NOW?

I mean, how does he even get to the place where he tells someone he doesn't know. As soon as he heard about it he should have been on the phone to fox to find out if his campaign snubbed another news station. Several reporters have been ignored time and time again.

After you know it is Fox's fault, then go after them. But check your facts first, ok?

Noble
12-29-2007, 09:24 AM
bump for investor visibility

corsairtro
12-29-2007, 09:30 AM
guys, if this news hits mainstream media outlets, others will dump their stock very early in the session, wait for us paulites to dump ours, then buy back their shares and ours with the same capital they got that morning.

its NEVER wise to advertise a sell off, it only encourages the market to react before we act.

As a result those selling later in the day would get far less than if it were not advertised. Less money for Paul, more money for the vultures.

Mark Rushmore
12-29-2007, 09:32 AM
its NEVER wise to advertise a sell off, it only encourages the market to react before we act.

As a result those selling later in the day would get far less than if it were not advertised. Less money for Paul, more money for the vultures.

But that also multiplies the selling volume - making it harder to marginalize the "Ron Paul selloff". If it bounces back it's no problem, it's still a statement if we can set it off a few percent as a bloc. Although I still advise against it since it seems collusive and probably illegal the way it's being talked about.

freelance
12-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Shouldn't pick a date because it might be viewed as pump and dump. Boycotting a stock is done all the time, just sell as soon as possible, and it will effectively be a date.

Crammer couldn't report it, would be a conflict of interest - rival network.

Not if there was no "pump." Investors are free to choose with their wallets, and the article said that this was not an organized thing.

It would be best if we do with the information what we will and not get into the organizational end of this; rather keep our noses clean.

If this has been appearing on stock boards, you can bet this latest stunt will have some effect on the price. People with a 100 shares of stock do not frequent stock boards. This COULD be huge. We'll have to see just how ticked the investors really are.

guys, if this news hits mainstream media outlets, others will dump their stock very early in the session, wait for us paulites to dump ours, then buy back their shares and ours with the same capital they got that morning.

That's exactly why an orchestrated event will not work.

kushaze
12-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Sell, sell, sell

RPinSEAZ
12-29-2007, 09:37 AM

If you do set an official date, investors will just snap up the cheap shares when the prices go down bringing it back up to it's original price.

walt
12-29-2007, 09:38 AM
i would love to see this news corp selling story get really huge

how can it, they own the Wall Street Journal now.

parke
12-29-2007, 09:43 AM
Jim Cramer needs to break this news. :)

Pete

Contact Cramer!!!

sgrooms
12-29-2007, 09:48 AM
I honestly don't know if this will get them to change their mind?

Don't get me wrong, I definitely think everyone who has NWS stock and supports RP should dump it.

BUT, NewsCorp would lose more money if RP is elected, then they would from the dumping of stock by RP supporters.

Why do you think all MSM is limiting his airtime? It's NOT because they believe that their neo-con / new world order views are the best thing for this country, and don't want anyone that will stop it from happening. It's about MONEY.

BeFranklin
12-29-2007, 09:50 AM
Sell, sell, sell

Lets make a 1 dollar bet

BeFranklin
12-29-2007, 09:53 AM
If you do set an official date, investors will just snap up the cheap shares when the prices go down bringing it back up to it's original price.

Its not going to be so cheap, because there is going to be the worse blitz of sponsors that you have ever seen, and many of them will drop because it is obviously wrong, without even supporting Ron Paul as a candidate. Sponsors don't like things like this.

Selling just makes sense if you are encouraging sponsors to deflate its earnings anyway.

Mike S.
12-29-2007, 09:55 AM
If a sell off had significant impact, it would be a story in itself (perhaps).

wfd40
12-29-2007, 10:08 AM
I don't get it... Doesn't the GOP realize by now that by doing this they are only increasing the interest/support in/of Ron Paul.

Those that already support him with be even more certain in the seriousness of the cause. Those that have yet to make the switch will wonder why MSM wants to silence someone who is for limited govn't, for peace, for restoration of our liberties... the connection between our soft fascist govn't and multi nationals like news corp will become so much more blatant.

d991
12-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Who actually even owns stock of News Corp??!
If I had to guess I'd say most of this rhetoric is coming from people who don't even own the stock but came up with this idea out of anger and frustration. I'm skeptical the few Ron Paul supporters that know about this and actually do own the stock will have the impact some are hoping for.

ecliptic
12-29-2007, 10:32 AM
I definitely think everyone who has NWS stock and supports RP should dump it.

Boycott Ye Olde Media (http://www.newscorpse.com/)

But do so because you are an investor with a conscience. Why would you invest in an evil monopolistic state propaganda tool in the first place? Is making money all that matters to you? Why are you here supporting Ron Paul when you'll perhaps make more ( worthless paper ) money ( in the near-term ) by supporting neo-con fascists...

BUT, NewsCorp would lose more money if RP is elected, then they would from the dumping of stock by RP supporters.

Why do you think all MSM is limiting his airtime? It's NOT because they believe that their neo-con / new world order views are the best thing for this country, and don't want anyone that will stop it from happening. It's about MONEY.

I disagree with the assertion that Ye Olde Media are typical capitalist entities. I suggest that they can and will operate at a loss indefinitely. They will do so because their true purpose is control of people's minds. They will continue to operate through any negative conditions - as if by magik!

Boycott them, dump their stock for the right reasons, boycott the advertisers, apply positive pressure to local small businesses that advertise on Ye Olde Media, and spread the word until Boycott Ye Olde Media is everywhere.

It's the very least you can do!

yongrel
12-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Is it really so hard to understand how the stock market works?

Do not, I repeat Do Not, set a date to collectively sell off NWS. The shares will be snapped up and their price will return to normal.

Just sell it as soon as you can, and tell others to do the same.

pacelli
12-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Who actually even owns stock of News Corp??!
If I had to guess I'd say most of this rhetoric is coming from people who don't even own the stock but came up with this idea out of anger and frustration. I'm skeptical the few Ron Paul supporters that know about this and actually do own the stock will have the impact some are hoping for.

I own stock of News Corp. Not for long.